Suiciding

Started by Death, June 27, 2008, 03:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death

By suiciding I mean failing the Attack spell against another empire to destroy Leaders. Today I found out that it has not been fixed here.

By allowing someone to make 2-3mil Leaders and fail attacks against someone with 10mil+ and actually do a deal of damage, you effectively lessen the amount of skill needed in war and netting. I just see no reason to allow an exploit this bad to work, especially considering how much it is done (and that I know because I asked some players who have been here longer than myself).

A simple fix would be to balance out the amount lost, so someone with 2mil Leaders can't destroy over 2mil for example.

Thoughts?

Firetooth

Sharptooth bought this up and all the admins and co says it doesn't matter, so I think this will be ignored as well :-*
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

They say it doesn't matter? A clan can work together to make a great amount of net, and someone can break protection, make one run, and completely screw them. Sounds like a big problem to me. I mean it's been fixed at every major Promisance aside from RWL, and we aren't crazy. =o

Juska

I see no reason to fix it, as long as leader land gain remains un-nerfed.

The overwhelming majority of players use leaders, and the majority of them store on the market. You need leader suicide exploits in order to stop the market and food exploiters.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Death

Why not just fix suiciding, the market exploiters, and the food explorers? lol

"Because it stops two other flaws" is no reason to not fix something imo, it's a reason to get busy fixing many things.

Alazar is Back

I think this another one of them things that needs to stay the same. Rwl is rwl because it is different and unique to all other promis and I say we keep it that way.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

The main thing I have noticed here that set RWL apart are the switched up production and consumption rates, combined with the race specific spells. Though I suppose you do have a point, I'd still like to see a little abuse prevention though.

The Lady Shael

I haven't played at any other Promisance, so I can't really input on this. I would definitely support something that balances out the game and eliminates unfair exploitations, but I'm not an experienced enough player to make those calls. Let's see if wolf sees this topic so he can comment. We can't make any final decisions though until Peace comes back.

Btw, I love your avatar, Death. XD
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

Quote from: Alazar is Back on June 27, 2008, 05:23:15 PM
I think this another one of them things that needs to stay the same. Rwl is rwl because it is different and unique to all other promis and I say we keep it that way.

You mean broken? Then yeah.

Death my post was sarcastic in nature, pointing to the fact that at least from my experiences from playing RWL, that the code does not get fixed. It only gets "enhanced" mainly in ways that only lead to more problems.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

QuoteBy allowing someone to make 2-3mil Leaders and fail attacks against someone with 10mil+ and actually do a deal of damage, you effectively lessen the amount of skill needed in war and netting. I just see no reason to allow an exploit this bad to work, especially considering how much it is done (and that I know because I asked some players who have been here longer than myself).

While I do in fact agree with you, leader suiciding should be fixed, I would like to point out that it would lessen the skill it takes to become an emperor or create a ruling clan. League most likely would not have been broken for land if not for leader suicides.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

The first time I took emperor I was taken down by 5 mutlis right out of protection that suicided me.

But we can't use the fixes from other games because there is a lot of other factors in different games. Right now our leader strats are almost too dominant and unbreakable. Just about the only way to take down a leader fighter is to use up turns to suicide them. We have implemented size requirements so the attacker doing the weakening at least needs to be in range. Frankly if we stopped the ability to suicide then there would almost be no way to stop a leader player from netting endlessly.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Firetooth

Well, at least give a 20% penalty to suicides or something, its so easy to takedown someone with a few suicides, they're too overpowered...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

Quote from: wolf bite on June 28, 2008, 08:59:19 AM
The first time I took emperor I was taken down by 5 mutlis right out of protection that suicided me.

But we can't use the fixes from other games because there is a lot of other factors in different games. Right now our leader strats are almost too dominant and unbreakable. Just about the only way to take down a leader fighter is to use up turns to suicide them. We have implemented size requirements so the attacker doing the weakening at least needs to be in range. Frankly if we stopped the ability to suicide then there would almost be no way to stop a leader player from netting endlessly.

Wolf Bite

I suppose that the need to STD under 500 acres does change the situation a lot. I just think in an attempt to fight that suiciding has been made far too powerful, it goes beyond stopping someone from netting.

Plus, shouldn't someone be allowed to net if they want to?

Alazar is Back

I think he means taking emp.

Quote from: Firetooth on June 28, 2008, 09:00:45 AM
Well, at least give a 20% penalty to suicides or something, its so easy to takedown someone with a few suicides, they're too overpowered...

Easy when your clanned and have unlimited attacks yes. Easy when your unclanned, no.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Death

I don't see hitlimit as an issue at all here. Suicides pave the way for Attack Opportunities, and they allow great amounts of Murders.