Duels

Started by Orcrist, November 04, 2007, 08:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcrist

I only mentioned it because  I think it would really fun and would get some of the old/inactive names playing a bit. I'm sure wolf bite could put on the old armor for a little duels match :). It would be awesome if some of the OLD greats would play too, such as Stormclaw or Retto. or just great old players like klamath and ad the rat. hehe or just players period. I think it could do wonders for getting people to be active again.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Gen. Volkov

Well, maybe, though the last round didn't seem to bring many back. But another duels would be fun.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

I had thought to having 2 leaders, every one MUST join in their real forum name, and the leaders take turns picking (with admin help) who will be on their team. Just like PysEd in school. An even split.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Orcrist

That could work--how soon can we start?
~Orcrist~

Gen. Volkov

Hmm, yes, that would work well too Wolf Bite. Question is, who would be the leaders?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

wolf bite

I would think we would take maybe 5 or 6 people that have proven themselves as leaders then have a vote to find only 2.  then have a sign up with no turns given for me to verify everyone is really them, then have the leaders come on line and do a pick of who they want.  Then we open the game with any late sign ups unclaned and with heavy limitations so we have have people watch and test stuff, but not be able to fully play..

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, that could work, when do you think we should start planning all this for?

wolf bite

would be set up in the admin forum for a future turbo or 3rd game running.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Orcrist

Hmm- well, since I'm not an admin, could someone who is get the ball rolling? I think good leaders could be Wolf Bite, Peace, Beatles, Holby, Ereptor, Josh (hate to say it but it's true), Kilk, possibly Wolf Snare (though I have never been in a clan of his), Volkov? (same as snare), Scarwake, Stormclaw, Retto, Vangerak, and I'm sure there are many others. Not sure who is active though...
~Orcrist~

wolf bite

Master Blue Eyes (Orcrist),

I know you have been gone for some time, so let me update you. Peace, Shael and I are the Admins and assisted by windy and TJ (Scarwake) our trusted Mods.

Since I am posting in this discussion, you already have the admin?s attention.

Shael has become quite the good little coder, so she would need to agree to program the game if Peace and I ask her to.

As far as the list of people you gave for potential leaders of the clan, Shael?s abilities do not include catching cheaters, so either peace or I need to set out of each game to have an active in game Admin.  Peace normally likes to play, so that leaves me out.

Of those people you mentioned are still active, Peace, Holby, sometimes Kilk, Wolf Snare, Volkov, Scarwake.

What I think I will do is talk to Peace about the game, then decide if it will be on turbo or a 3rd game. Then ask those that want to be leader sign up, then have people who want to play email to me their top 2 picks to be leaders (would not want it to be open if someone deserving got no votes). Then move ahead.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Obliterator

Sounds good will it be the next round
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

kell

i say peace vs snare

itll be the rumble in mossflower
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Orcrist

Wolf Bite- sorry, I didn't realize that you and shael and peace are forced to admin now. Anyway, your idea sounds very good. If there is anyway I can help you set this duels thing up, let me know. I very much look forward to the next duels game!
~Orcrist~

Alazar is Back

Quote from: kell on November 06, 2007, 06:03:44 AM
i say peace vs snare

itll be the rumble in mossflower

They got my votes!!!

Maybe volkov though i never been in a clan of his but i would bet he's a pretty formidable leader.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..