About huts....

Started by Shael of Torethevel, January 06, 2003, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shael of Torethevel

Sorry, I'm sorta bored at the moment, I have nothing better to do...

Lately, I haven't been gaining any leaders /whatsoever/. I build 1000 huts at a time, and it ends up wasted. No matter how many huts I try to build, I still gain and/or lose zero leaders a turn. I used to gain 2000 leaders a turn, but now I can't get any no matter what I try to do.
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

calria

hmmm if your race were stoat I'd say do Academy a few times, but you're weasel so I dunno...

General Austin

That's weird. Same thing happening to me. VERY  annoying, since I need leaderses... We could ask the Admins to help us. *confuzzled*
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Retto

It's long puzzled me what causes you to shut down on the leader creation...so...::dives into the code::

Aha. This is rather clever.

If you have less wizards than one hundred times your number of huts, you get more wizards. If you have more wizards than one hundred and seventy five times your number of huts, you loose wizards. Otherwise, you get no wizards.

An' now...for my explanation of why. Wizards and Huts are used in Missions, which rely on a tricky little thing called your lratio (leader-ratio). This ratio is used to calculate the success of missions. If you are getting no leaders, you should be able to do ANY defensive mission (missions in the General's Hut).

So, you can get leaders again by building more huts, keeping in mind the cut off points.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Krull of the Kaptors

Very interesting indeed. I'll have to keep that in mind if I raise in the ranks (hopefully).

Shael of Torethevel

Ah, that explains it. Thanks Retto! I was wondering why I've been successful on all the missions lately...
~The Lady Shael, Once Empress and Third Ruler of Mossflower Country and Beyond

Warlord(ess) of The Black Raiders, #55
Leader of The Band of Rebels, #225
Founder of The Rebels of Mossflower
Leader of El Queso, #419
Commander of the Daughters of Delor, #679
Lady of The Realm of Unspoken Darkness, #1235

"Good evening, I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?"
~The dairy animal, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Bloodrath

Ya, I had no clue why I wasn't getting any but if you aren't getting any more it is a good thing cause you can do anything you want to generals hut. Cool. B)  

Wickedclaw

it has always been hard for me to get leaders, mainly because I am a rat(the only one in the top 50!) But I still have a ton of leaders. For me it all depends on if I really want the leaders, or if I am running low and need them. And when this happens I just get some land and fill myself up on huts, and fo some reason everytime I do that I get leaders and then it stops in about 20 turns.

calria

That's why stoat is such a great race... just for stoat: academy. it's a beautiful thing!

General Austin

Wow. I like not getting leaders then. I can do stuff with them! :lol:  :lol:  
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

I dunoo...But i wanna spam so Here's my strategy.. [Edit] O well!

The Lady Shael

*bump*

Eh heh. XD The days of ignorance...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

calria

Why did you have to bring this back up? I didn't capitalize a sentence! Eeep! *dies* I'm ashamed...

RazorClaw

Why does everyone keep bringing these up???  

The Lady Shael

*sulks* 'Tis fun and amusing. Nobody ever thinks about what we were like a year ago, and it's fun to point and laugh at ourselves, commenting at how ignorant we were back then. A little slice of history. Sometimes people wish video cameras were around when, say, the days of Julius Caesar. This is sorta the equivalent...sorta. Okay, fine, never mind, don't try to understand that if you don't, I'm a confusing person sometimes.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.