The New Boards

Started by Retto, January 06, 2003, 07:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

We have new boards. Yay? Boo?

We realize that lots of people had admirable post counts, and really are quite sad about losing that. Quite frankly, we aren't.

We are very sad about losing the wealth of information that was on those boards previously, and which we now cannot get to. If we could get those forums back, we would. But...as things are, we can't.

The server iboze.com was on before suffered a fatal hard drive crash, unfortunately wiping all of the databases. Boze, who was the only one with access to fix this sort of thing, was away on vacation. He got back just recently, and has switched to a better host. Unfortunately, there's still no archived form, so everyone has to sign up again. = 0(

In good news, this is IBF1.1, which has some fun stuff. I've just been experimenting a little, but everyone, please put in, when you fill out your profile, your warlord number. thank you!
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Krull of the Kaptors

I believe I share the same opinion as you in this matter, Retto. the new boards look spiffy but it saddens me that such a great wealth of information was lost. But at least we can communicate now!

calria

yay
boo
yay
boo
yay

uhmmm... yeah I need to get a life.
my only problem with it is that I have to make a new icon-thingy now. *sigh*

General Austin

YAY!!!!! I like it! But I wish it could have crashed a bit later. I wanted to see if anyone would follow up roel-playing thingy-ma-jig. But it was worth it for all of this cool stuff. GO ADMINISTRATORS!!!!!
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

RazorClaw

These are pretty cool. I like them better than the old boards. I put up way too many pointless topics on those...  :D  

The Beatles

Hmmm, I put in my warlord number. New board is spiffy, though. Just one thing: could we make them look like the Terrouge boards instead? These colors are... well... not that frood.

General Austin

What's terrouge and what's "Frood"? I know Retto and BLoodrath have given me the adress zillions of times but It's always busy...
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Retto

True, Beatles, they're not as froody as we'd like...but I've got to co-ordinate with boze on making the custom skin (or we may try and find one...they're royal pains to create.)

Terrouge is at http://www.terrouge.com/ Kenny, recently, made new forum colors for them.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Krull of the Kaptors

I like the Terrouge boards and I like these as well. I say keep this board style, its new its different and it isn't hard on the eyes. The various shades of blue are very nice to look at as well. It gives the sight a more 3-d look with the shading and it seems more neat.

Terrouge is a huge e-zine ('net magazine) where people can read articles all about the Redwall series and the ROC. Its also a great place to talk it up with others and has a nice list of links. Overall, one of the most frequently visited ROC sites known. Check it out at www.terrouge.com.

Abby The Rat

I got a old invisionboard, I found it not that hard, but it is hard to make a good looking skin throu.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Deathclaw

Frood???  Definition please. :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

calria

*blinks* frood is going to freak me out all night now.

I prefer the current colors etc now too. The black and yellow etc on RWL is pretty cool looking, but it gets a little glare-ey on the eyes after a while. That's why these blues are so nice. The contrasts between the two compliment eachother nicely.

Germania

Vbulliten wins over Invision any day, except that it costs money  <_<  

Abby The Rat

So that makes Invisionboard the best "FREE" board around??
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]