BOTH
1 (7.7%)
NONE
0 (0%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

SiegeMaster

Xbox or Playstation ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Krowdon

Playstation. I cant stand Xbox controls or games.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

aha.  In polls like this, you want just one option available.  I fixed it for you.

Xbox 360 > PS3
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on February 18, 2011, 06:08:56 PM
aha.  In polls like this, you want just one option available.  I fixed it for you.

Xbox 360 > PS3

+1

As people say at my school say "PS3 has no games"

Firetooth

PS3 is a better console but 360 has a better selection of games.

I would love to play uncharted, drat the few good PS3 exclusives!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Krowdon

Quote from: Firetooth on February 19, 2011, 05:27:05 AM
PS3 is a better console but 360 has a better selection of games.

Uncharted is amazing. (Even though I dont have the skills to play on a level other than very easy). The graphics are really good.
My favorite PS3 game is Final Fantasy XIII.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Firetooth

FFXIII is on 360 as well isn't it?

Anyways, things are looking up for PS3 users. After all, you get mass effect 2 and uncharted 2, the games which hold the records for the most game of the year awards.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

mass effect 2 is on xbox 360 too. I have it. :D

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on February 19, 2011, 11:52:39 AM
mass effect 2 is on xbox 360 too. I have it. :D
Yep, but PS3 players getting it would be like 360 players getting uncharted 2.

Basically, epic.

Gen. Volkov

QuotePS3 is a better console but 360 has a better selection of games.

Um, except for the Halo series, PS3 and Xbox have pretty much exactly the same selection of games. The PS3 has better graphics, is faster, and has a better User Interface. Oh, and base model of the slim PS3 has 30 times the HD space of the base model of the 360. The top of the line slim PS3 has nearly 100 GB more HD space than the top of the line 360 S. Oh, and the only the most recent version of the 360 comes with WiFi standard. The PS3 always had WiFi capability. So yeah... PS3 >> 360.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 19, 2011, 11:26:23 PM
QuotePS3 is a better console but 360 has a better selection of games.

Um, except for the Halo series, PS3 and Xbox have pretty much exactly the same selection of games. The PS3 has better graphics, is faster, and has a better User Interface. Oh, and base model of the slim PS3 has 30 times the HD space of the base model of the 360. The top of the line slim PS3 has nearly 100 GB more HD space than the top of the line 360 S. Oh, and the only the most recent version of the 360 comes with WiFi standard. The PS3 always had WiFi capability. So yeah... PS3 >> 360.
Halo is one of the, if not the, biggest game series. Only really has Call of duty as competition, and I've heard Microsoft are aiming for that as a 360 exclusive.

Also, PS3 doesn't have gears of war, another huge series. So let's take a look at some of the biggest series.

Halo-360
Call of duty-360 and PS3
Gears of war-360

Note the Green:Red ratio.

There are other games that are also critically acclaimed but not multi-milion best sellers that are 360 exclusive.  Mass Effect 1, Fable 2+3...

So yeah, 360 does have more games.

Sharptooh

and has a better User Interface.

On what basis are you making this judgement? personally I think the 360's UI is better than the PS3's

The top of the line slim PS3 has nearly 100 GB more HD space than the top of the line 360 S.

It has an integrated HD, give me detachable over integrated anyday, besides the top line of the PS3 Slim only has a 320GB HD, so 70GB bigger than the top line of the 360 s, you're exaggerating by saying 'nearly 100 GB' when it's actually close to 50GB

Oh, and the only the most recent version of the 360 comes with WiFi standard. The PS3 always had WiFi capability.

Which puts the price of a PS3 up, the blue-ray also puts the price up, personally if I got a console I wouldn't want wireless capability or blue-ray, so I'd just be paying extra for two things that I'd never use.

windhound

This coming from someone who only owns a 360 (and a Wii)-

The 360 launched a full year ahead of the PS3
On launch, the PS3 (499) cost nearly twice as much as a 360 (299).  Sony has been cutting features out of the PS3 (PS2 backwards compat, number of ports, and linux support).  Microsoft has been adding features (fewer red rings, wifi). 
Both have increased harddrive size over time...  to me that's a moot point, what do you store on a console?  Media streaming from a computer on your lan is far preferable (to me anyways), and both PS3 and 360 support this.  On the 360 you can 'install' a game to hdd, improving loading time, guessing you can do this on the PS3 as well.  About the only real use I can think of, other than downloadable games and demos - but most of those a fairly small.

Anyways, the only reason I see to knock the 360 is its abysmal reliability in the first gen consoles.  I've got the latest revision, its nice.  Took 'em long enough, but they got there.

BTW, the new style 360's have internal harddrives.  Fine by me, they now allow carrying profiles and game saves on a usb stick.  Got two 360's in the house, mine and a family box.  My profile is the only one with Live so it lives on a usb stick, when I want to switch I move the usb stick to the box I want to play on and my data moves with me.  Nicely done, no idea if the PS3 has anything similar. 

Software wise, I like the 360's dashboard.  Its usable, well organized, I can find what I need.  To each 'is own.

Also, Microsoft has a better attitude towards 'hackers' - they just ban the box from Xbox Live.  Basically a "we don't care what you do, but you're not coming on our servers with a hacked box."
Sony threw a fit over someone playing in the Linux space and so deleted the option, removing a paid-for feature  (lawsuits underway).  As a consequence their previously not-really-messed-with security was cracked and the keys spewed across the internet.  I believe, as of now, Linux support is available to be added back via custom firmware.  Sony in general has a bad track record for reactions.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOn what basis are you making this judgement? personally I think the 360's UI is better than the PS3's

Probably because you use it more. As far as I can tell, everyone who had a 360 first thinks the PS3 UI is terrible, whereas everyone who bought the PS3 before the 360 thinks the PS3 UI is better. Personally I think it's more intuitive, as I learned my way around it in about 15 minutes, whereas the 360 took me several days to learn to navigate around.

It has an integrated HD, give me detachable over integrated anyday, besides the top line of the PS3 Slim only has a 320GB HD, so 70GB bigger than the top line of the 360 s, you're exaggerating by saying 'nearly 100 GB' when it's actually close to 50GB

So I added 30 and you shaved off 20. The actual answer, as you point out, is 70. 70GB is a whole lot of space, in my opinion. That's as much as my old computer had.

QuoteWhich puts the price of a PS3 up, the blue-ray also puts the price up, personally if I got a console I wouldn't want wireless capability or blue-ray, so I'd just be paying extra for two things that I'd never use.

Well, that's your personal choice. The Blu-ray and WiFi standard are a definite plus for most people. Especially if you have a pre-existing wireless network in your house, as many do these days, and you are looking for a cheap Blu-ray player.

Halo is one of the, if not the, biggest game series. Only really has Call of duty as competition, and I've heard Microsoft are aiming for that as a 360 exclusive.

Call of Duty will never be a 360 exclusive, the developers make far to much money selling for both systems. And yes, Halo is a major series. It's the reason I have a 360, but one series does not mean they have more games.

QuoteAlso, PS3 doesn't have gears of war, another huge series. So let's take a look at some of the biggest series.

Halo-360
Call of duty-360 and PS3
Gears of war-360

I never played Gears of War, but yes, it's another big series.

Playstation has the Final Fantasy series, which was and is huge. (Yes it was available on 360 and PS3 in the US, but that was not that case all over the world, and is not the case for the previous games in the series.) They also have the God of War series, which is huge. Then there is Little Big Planet which was a big hit. The Gran Turismo series was another huge exclusive for Playstation. What about InFamous? That was a big hit. Also the Rachet and Clank games.

So yeah, 360 does have more games.

Not really, and never did. Why? Because the PS3, at launch, had the entire back catalog of PS1 and PS2 games. Xbox only got backwards compatibility later on. But even just going with games for the current generation, Xbox and PS3 share a huge number of games, and the exclusive ones are about equal in number between the two brands. Now, maybe you and your friends like the Xbox exclusive games more than you like the PS3 exclusives, but that's a very different thing from saying Xbox has more games.