breaking an INDY????

Started by SiegeMaster, March 03, 2011, 04:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiegeMaster

if im leadering how do i break an indyer????????????????????

Firetooth

Use leader attacks if you can, if you're doing a loyalty run it won't hurt. Otherwise you can:

Use the espionage mission, then buy out the weakest troop type they have. Some troops, like rats and stoats, are agressive, so if somebody has 10mil rats, you only need 50%, 5mil, to break, assuming they don't have towers. Some troops, weasels and skiffs, are defensive, so you need more then the defender to break. For example, if somebody has 10mil weasels, you need at least 20mil to break.

Hope that helps
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

SiegeMaster

it does YAY!!!!!!! :D ;) :D :) :D :) :D :D

Shadow

it's always best to use troops if you can. Using leaders hurts your ratio and prductivity for the rest of your run.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on March 03, 2011, 05:35:43 PM
it's always best to use troops if you can. Using leaders hurts your ratio and prductivity for the rest of your run.
The damage is often negligble if you do a loyalty run, especially if you capture some extra leaders during the run, but I agree it is better to use troops if you can.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Yeah, if you are doing a loyalty run, it makes no difference to your output, but it can make your defenses rather weak. Rule of thumb: if you are leadering and you aren't a stoat, avoid using leader attacks after the first third of your run. On reg, make that avoid using them after the first 50 turns if you have anything worth defending.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

I agree with Shadow.

If you can, do it with troops. Because rats have 2 offense points, and 1 defense, you only need half as many as your opponent to break. Which means you hardly ever need to buy more than five or ten million rats on reg, which is between 2.5 bil to 5 bil cash. A much better outcome than losing the majority of your leaders.

And it does free you up to perform both utility and (potentially) offensive missions later in your run.
I will not deleted this