Loren vs. Blades war

Started by General Austin, February 13, 2004, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

The messenger and the two rats were huddled together as they stumbled through the woods, a guard on each side of them.
"Let's make a break for it! See that big oak just over there? I'll run into that, pretend I hurt me paw, and  you thonk 'em when they're not looking in yer direction," whispered the messenger.
The rear guard prodded the closest rat in the back.
"No talkin' there!"
He whispered again, "here we go..."
The messenger collided smap bang with the tree to his left, and immediately fell, yelling and screaming about his paw.
The guards gathered around, and the rats took that moment to give them a good old kick in the shins, and a general spear-steal.
Tables were turned, and as the messenger rose, he struck another guard unconscious.
One of the rats whispered, "Where's Greenland from here?"
"Come on, we're not out of trouble yet. See what information you can get off this guard we left awake, and I'll figure out what to do."

Putting on a tough-guy look, the rat held his spear to the guard's chest.
"Where's the gold?" He questioned sternly.
The guard spat.
"WHERE'S THE GOLD?"
The guard looked up. "You rat, you dirty, dirty rat."
The rat glared, and made a slight stabbing motion towards the guard. The guard jumped to his right, and scuttled up a tree as fast as he could.
"Now you've done it!" Howled the messenger, seeing the guard escape.
The rat aimed his spear carefully as the guard reached the top of the tree. With an expert throw from the rat, it came straight at him.
"I made it Ma... Top of the world!"
I will not deleted this

wolf bite

Wolf Bite is wondering down the road to go see the blacksmith about the repairs done to his sword.  A horde of rats run past his feet apparently on some dreadful mission.  A ?swoosh? is heard overhead as he glances up to see a spear fly past. He checks his pocket watch and sees that he has plenty of time.  Continues to town humming a song.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Holby

OOC: Hmm, played to Devari there Volky, but we have espy's now, we do. Shall we fight, eh?
BIC:
Holby murmured the command. The leaders of each group attempted to excite their troops, and then group one rushed straight forward, with wild yells, straight up the hill. They hit. Steel clashed with steel, fur with fur, teeth with dentures.
Soon after, Groups two and three started to get around. All was going according to plan, yet Volkov was holding rather well against the first group.
It would all be over within a matter of minutes unless a miracle happened, or  troops could spring up out of the ground on Volkov's side. He grinned to himself.
"I am Invincible!" He shouted gleefully. "Eeee!" A loosely flung stone struck him in the back of the head.
Holby wobbled on his feet and grabbed at the air for a moment. Painful swirls and spots muddled his vision, and then all went dark.

I will not deleted this

The Voice

Dead Eye sat on one side of the battle, on top of a small hill. Around him were well trained archers, each with bow in hand. In his hand was a massive black bow. He saw Holby's forces rush foward. "Ready!" he shouted as he saw them getting closer. "Aim!" he shouted over the war cries. "Fire!"a hail of deadly vollies fell upon Holby's ranks. "2nd line!" he yelled. The first line hit the ground, notching their bows with another arrow. "Aim!" he shouted at the second line. "Fire!" More deadly arrows hit their targets. Dead Eye's own arrow went through one large weasel and into a rat. "1st line up!" he shouted, and repeated the drill. Arrows kept going towards Holby's forces.
So quiet
Another wasted night
The television steals
The conversation
Exhale
Another wasted breath
Again it goes unnoticed.

Please tell me you're
Just feeling tired
'cause if it's more than
That I feeel that I might break
Out of touch  out of time.
Please send me anything
But signals that are mixed
Cause I can't read
Your rolling eyes
Out of touch  
Are we out of time?

Close lipped
Another goodnight kiss
Is robbed of all it's passion,
Your grip
Another time, is slack
It leaves me feeling empty.

I'll wait until tomorrow
Maybe you'll feel better then
Maybe we'll be better then
So what's another day
When I can't bear
These nights of thoughts
Of going on without you
This mood of yours is temporary
It seems worth the wait
To see your smile again
Out of the corner of your eye
Won't be the only way
You'll look at me then.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm missing your bed  
I never sleep
Avoiding the spots
where we'd have to speak
And this bottle of
beast is taking me home.
I'm cuddling close
to blankets and sheets
You're not alone
and you're not discreet.
You make sure I know  
who's taking you home.
I'm reading your
note over again.
There is not a word
that I comprehend
except when you signed it
"I will love you always
and forever"

As for now I'm gonna
hear the saddest songs,
and sit alone and wonder
how you're making out
But as for me I wish that I was anywhere
With anyone
making out

I'm missing your laugh,
how did it break?
And when did your eyes
begin to look fake?
I hope you're as happy
as your pretending.
I'm missing your bed,
I never sleep.
Avoiding the spots
where we'd have to sleep.
And this bottle of
Beast is taking me home.

Your hair
It's everywhere
Screaming infidelities
Taking it's wear
------------------------------------------

Consider the odds
consider the obvious.
The martyr is meaningless
the campaign has died.
In the planning stages
and the fallen faces
are the singular proof
that it was ever alive.

This purchased rebellion
has been outdated
denounced and rescinded
and left to die championless.
I begged you not to go.
I begged you  I pleaded.
Claimed you as my only hope
and watched the floor
as you retreated.

Hope has sprung a perfect dive
a perfect day, a perfect lie.
A slowly crafted monologue
conceding your defeat.

Does it comfort you to know
you fought the good fight?
Basking in your victory,
hollow and alone
to boast your bitter
bragging rights
to anyone who'll listen.
While you're left with
nothing tangible to gain
----------------------------------------------

Whatever poisons in this bottle
will leave me broken, sore and stiff
But it's the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at,
he owes me one last wish
So here's a present to let you know I still exist
I hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips

But I got a plan (I got a plan)
To drink for forty days and forty nights
A sip for every second-hand tick
And every time you fed the line,
?you mean so much to me?
I'm without you

Tell all the English boys you meet
about the American boy back in the states
The American boy you used to date
who would do anything you say

And even if her plane crashes tonight
she'll find some way to disappoint me,
by not burning in the wreckage,
or drowning at the bottom of the sea
Jess, I still taste you, and thus reserve my right to hate you
And all this empty space that you create
does nothing for my flawless sense of style
It's 8:45 (it's 8:45), the weather is getting better by the hour (rains all the time)
I hope it rains there all the time
And if you ever said you miss me then don't say you never lied
I'm without you

who would do anything you say,

Never gonna get it right, you're never gonna get it [15x]

Okay no more songs about you. After this one I am done.
You're gone.[repeat untill end]

-------------------------------------------------------
Last night I swallowed liquor and a lighter
and this morning I threw up fire
But it's nothing new
I've been piecing it together and it's got something to do
with every look thrown like a knife across a crowded room
And every slow and quiet car ride I spent drinking in the backseat
Every stupid melody to every stupid song,
and every stupid word that everybody's hanging on

What difference does this difference in age make?
I know how it ends... she'll kill me quick.
Call 911, I'm already dead but
someone should be caught and held responsible
for this bloody mess

Last night I fell asleep next to a liar
and I woke up with a shiner
And it's all that I remember from a night spent lying on my back with a view
of a stone white ceiling and the back of your head
And this quiet dark bed feels like the middle of nowhere
And we beat each other up just like we always do
When I'm talking to myself I'd always rather be talking to you

for this bloody mess

Call homicide, take the case to court
Cause her lips taste like a loaded gun
I'm her number one chalk outline on the floor

They hung her from the bridge on Monday
The gathering turned to a mob out on the lawn
They dropped her body in the river
School and work returned to normal before long
(before long... and no one will mention any of this again)

for this bloody mess

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a twenty-dollar bill
That says no one's ever seen you without makeup.
You're always made up.
And I'm sick of your tattoos
and the way you always criticize the Smiths.
and Morrissey.

And I know that you're a sucker for anything acoustic.
But when I say let's keep in touch,
I really mean I wish that you'd grow up.
This is the first song for your mix tape.
It's short just like your temper,
But somewhat golden like the afternoons
We used to spend before you got too cool.

that says no one's ever seen you without makeup.
You're always made up.
And the way you don?t appreciate Brand New
And me.

I hope you know I mean I wish that you?d grow up
This is the first song for your mix tape
And it?s short just like your temper

Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow [repeat 4x]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So people ask my why I have a big signature and I say...
To annoy people

Gen. Volkov

((Hmm? Oh yeah.. OK I guess))

The battle was progressing decently. Volkov watched as his forces held against mighty Loren's attack. But he knew they would not last much longer. But for some reason Volkov was grinning. He turned to Cuchulain.
"Sound the trumpets."
And from the woods, the rest of Woof crashed into the second group as it came around the side. This flanking manuver, done from concealment, was so masterfully done, that almost all of group two was shattered and broken in that single devastating attack. Then Volkov personally led his troops on a charge out of the defensive works. The outcome of the battle, however, was still far from certain.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Wolf Bite, standing in front of a class of wideeyed and well behaved mice, says to himself, ?One can barely hear themselves think with the noise of those trumpets.?  He walks over and closes the window.  Then goes back to demonstrating how to best hold a shield.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Devari crept silently over a hill with his trusted friend and commander, Vashna and a select group of high-powered leaders. The Woof forces seemed so intent on the battle that they did not see or hear the group.

Nearing the enemy forces, they all whipped out daggers. A few seconds later, the rear of the Woof's forces was sent into disarray as the two murderers took care of a signifact amount of forces. Taking advantage of the confusion, a group of 500,000 Stoats commanded by Flitch smashed into the rear. Commander Raluk sent his small brigade of 300,000 Rats to destroy Volkov's pitiful amount of Rats, as the Weasel core commanded by Brugund let lose a large barage of stones. At the same time, a small naval group of 300,000 Skiffs rained arrows upon Volkov's troops.

As Devari climbed back up the hill with the rest of his group, he looked back and smiled. The confusion caused had given Holby a chance to stregthen his front, and all but Volkov's Stoat army had been almost decimated.

The Woof forces quickly reformed, but the damage had been done. Volkov's Weasels had been taken unawares and quickly fell to the overwhelming number of stones coming from the slings of Devari's people. Likewise, the Rat army was crushed by the onslaught from Raluk's small army. The almost non-existant Skiff force fought bravely but was crushed by almost 10 times their number. The Stoat core had been fighting in the front, however, so a large part of Volkov's main army avoided the blow.

On the way back to the command tent, Devari ordered the rest of his forces to hold back at the moment. He had many more Stoats, Weasels, Rats, and Skiffs, but thought it important to keep them out of the fray. The superior numbers would have no trouble holding their own unless another enemy joined the fray......

(OOC: A couple of notes:

1. It is totally realisitic that the numbers I described would crush Volkov. I have seen his stats, after all.

2. Do I have to actually do the events described?  :unsure:  I know I'd be succesful, but is it really necessary to play pansy? After all, Volkov hasn't really joined the battle IG yet, at least as far as I know.

3. Cool! 500th post!)
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Juby (Tercios)

The Armies of Tercios looked over the rubble that was left of the land.  It was an easy victory, so easy in fact that the armies felt shame at the sight of their opponents.  Devari had sent the troops of Tercios to exploit the weakness of the trumpeting voice that led to the war, Larrusus Deathspear.  During the campaign the armies of Cleopatra, confident after successfully warring with the most defenseless Loren warlords were crushed with the same mechanical efficiency as the Slasssk Troopers under Larrusus.  Juby, General Secretary and Minister of War in the Peoples Empire of Tercios took solace in braking the chains of servitude for the fromer peasants of brock but still.....glory had yet eluded him in a war against such weak opponents and left feelings anxiousness, boredom and pity for his enemies.  A messanger approached the solemn Juby who was sitting in a moment of reflection and deep thought.  
"Comrade, our leaders have succesfully completed their missions against the some of greater of the independant warlords".  'More satisfaction, very little glory' thought Juby, indeed a few independant warlords had gotten very agressive as of late and the forces of Tercios had also been assigned to keep in check two of these warlords, both objectives contained the possibility for glory but proved weaker then originally believed thus leaving the troops feeling hollow and possibly complacent.  The messanger continued "Devari wishes to inform you that the Blades are proving to be a formidable foe but his armies are still gaining a stronger foothold with every hour, In reality though, Comrade, I can attest that the battle is getting harder and harder to call a victor by the hour especially as new warlords are throughing their gloves into the mix, however, Devari requests that you keep an eye on local affairs by managing the independant warlords"
A scowl followed by a sly smile crosses Juby's face,"hmmmmm, Blades land is on route is it not, Comrade?"
"I don't beleive so sir, the message requests quite clearly you should return to manage local affairs"
"What message, Comrade"
"Why the one from Dev......Oh I see sir, It appears I have lost the message from Devari"
"Now I must make a judgement call for myself I suppose, Send a messanger to Devari or go there myself......Tell the troops to prepare to leave and that we will be turning the tides of a great and memorable battle that will be revered through song and lore for decades"
"Aye, General Secretary"
'Glory may finally attainable' thought a grinning Juby.
Real Betis? ? -? ? Tottenham Hotspurs? ? -? ? Partizan Beograd? ? -? ? Hannover 96

Gen. Volkov

((LOL, actually, you don't have to bring in game stuff here.. and I have recently strengthened, however, the IC stuff doesn't have to match the real IG stuff, as far as I know. I have not launched any attack. And yes, my army is tiny at the moment.. I am recovering from several BIG attacks and the fact that I couldn't find anyone who had much land to take for awhile. but no worries. I will stop this RP if we have to follow through IG.. anyways...))

Volkov's forces reeled from the attack. He was hoping that the surprise would be enough to change the course of the battle, but unfortunately for him, Volkov's scouts failed to spot Devari's forces. Woof as a whole reformed, the decimated ranks reforming and the clan as whole now formed for its desperate last stand. Each member had his specialty, Volkov his stoats and leaders, but weak as his was, he could not produce enough to be effective against Devari. Other members had rats, others skiffs. The fresh forces had finally arrived, and the shattered ranks grew even larger than the originals had been. Much larger, with forces being evenly distibuted for mutual protection.  He did not even try to send out his leaders, knowing that they would be useless against Devari's elite forces. But the front reformed, much larger than before, and the weasels of the clan busily contructed new defensive postions all around the hill, then the combined armies settled in for the wait. The next attack would surely not be long in coming. Volkov no longer even tried to hide his true strength form Loren.

"Let them come, if we die, we shall die fighting!"
"Today, we march to war, perhaps to our doom. The last march of Woof."

((*Unashamedly steaks from LOTR* *Prays that some new force will come, cause Woof is about to become dog meat*))
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Quote from: Gen. Volkov((LOL, actually, you don't have to bring in game stuff here.. and I have recently strengthened, however, the IC stuff doesn't have to match the real IG stuff, as far as I know. I have not launched any attack. And yes, my army is tiny at the moment.. I am recovering from several BIG attacks and the fact that I couldn't find anyone who had much land to take for awhile. but no worries. I will stop this RP if we have to follow through IG.. anyways...))
(OOC: Good about not having to follow through IG. I don't make many attacks against people that haven't done harm to my clan. And I checked your stats earlier to make sure that the armies I descried would crush your equivelents. Even factoring in the Fox special skill would only make the amount slightly larger (or smaller).)

BIC:

Devari laughed as he watched from the hill. The reinforcements that Woof had garnered were nothing compared to the strength of his own horde or one of his clanmates.

"Gralug, go forth with 1,000,000 Rats to aid Raluk. Miloth, go with another 100,000 Weasels and bombard the new defenses. Our Skiffs should hold off well enough, but send another 100,000 just in case. And Vashna... You take 600,000 more Stoats to aid Flitch in the main attacks."

"The rest of you.... Come to me. I have a little surprise planned...."
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Gen. Volkov

((*Nods sadly* Yes, restarting has been a little more difficult than I originally thought, but we are starting to grow, finally.))

Volkov watched with despair as the reinforcements of the Loren clan arrived. He had known it was a hopeless fight, but he had persisted, and now look where he was. About to be destroyed on some hilltop in the middle of nowhere. BUt he did not despair totally, for he knew Woof was stong elsewhere, and many new warlords were joining his cause. He might yet survive to fight another day, even if he lost this battle.

The Voice

Dead Eye had been more fortunate then the rest of WOOF. He had been able to hide his archers during the battle, making a mock retreat. Then, when WOOF was about to fall, he turned to his men. "All his lost. But we must try our best to save them. I see we have only 1 thousand men left. 500 of you keep your bows. The rest of you surrond them and guard them. wE will cut through Loren ot Volkov. From there..." he left off. He had no idea.

The troops moved to positian. Then he turned around. "I have only this speech for you!

"Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no river low
Aint no vally wide enough
To keep me from getting to you baby"

The army started singing it across the battle to Volkov as they drove towards WOOF, arrows and swords tearing apart everything.  
So quiet
Another wasted night
The television steals
The conversation
Exhale
Another wasted breath
Again it goes unnoticed.

Please tell me you're
Just feeling tired
'cause if it's more than
Please send me anything
Cause I can't read
Your rolling eyes
Out of touch  
Are we out of time?

Close lipped
Another goodnight kiss
Your grip
Another time, is slack

I'll wait until tomorrow
So what's another day
When I can't bear
These nights of thoughts
Of going on without you
It seems worth the wait
To see your smile again
Won't be the only way
You'll look at me then.

I'm missing your bed  
I never sleep
Avoiding the spots
where we'd have to speak
And this bottle of
beast is taking me home.
I'm cuddling close
to blankets and sheets
You're not alone
and you're not discreet.
You make sure I know  
who's taking you home.
I'm reading your
note over again.
There is not a word
that I comprehend
"I will love you always
and forever"

As for now I'm gonna
hear the saddest songs,
and sit alone and wonder
how you're making out
With anyone
making out

I'm missing your laugh,
how did it break?
And when did your eyes
begin to look fake?
I hope you're as happy
as your pretending.
I'm missing your bed,
I never sleep.
Avoiding the spots
And this bottle of
Beast is taking me home.

Your hair
It's everywhere
Screaming infidelities
Taking it's wear

Consider the odds
consider the obvious.
the campaign has died.
In the planning stages
and the fallen faces
are the singular proof
that it was ever alive.

This purchased rebellion
has been outdated
denounced and rescinded
I begged you not to go.
I begged you  I pleaded.
and watched the floor
as you retreated.

conceding your defeat.

Basking in your victory,
hollow and alone
to boast your bitter
bragging rights
to anyone who'll listen.
While you're left with
nothing tangible to gain

he owes me one last wish

?you mean so much to me?
I'm without you

It's 8:45 (it's 8:45), the weather is getting better by the hour (rains all the time)
I'm without you

But it's nothing new

for this bloody mess

for this bloody mess

for this bloody mess

You're always made up.
and Morrissey.

You're always made up.
And me.

To annoy people

Gen. Volkov

((*Cracks up*))

Volkov can barely hear the singing above the din of battle, the clash of metal on metal.
"Dead Eye is coming. We just might have a chance to survive intil he gets here." He continued grimly.
The battle was starting to reach Volkov, and all thoughts were oushed from his head, save one. He began singing also, to guide Dead Eye in.
"Come together, right now, over me"

The Voice

(hehe, just saw Remember the Titians last night)
So quiet
Another wasted night
The television steals
The conversation
Exhale
Another wasted breath
Again it goes unnoticed.

Please tell me you're
Just feeling tired
'cause if it's more than
Please send me anything
Cause I can't read
Your rolling eyes
Out of touch  
Are we out of time?

Close lipped
Another goodnight kiss
Your grip
Another time, is slack

I'll wait until tomorrow
So what's another day
When I can't bear
These nights of thoughts
Of going on without you
It seems worth the wait
To see your smile again
Won't be the only way
You'll look at me then.

I'm missing your bed  
I never sleep
Avoiding the spots
where we'd have to speak
And this bottle of
beast is taking me home.
I'm cuddling close
to blankets and sheets
You're not alone
and you're not discreet.
You make sure I know  
who's taking you home.
I'm reading your
note over again.
There is not a word
that I comprehend
"I will love you always
and forever"

As for now I'm gonna
hear the saddest songs,
and sit alone and wonder
how you're making out
With anyone
making out

I'm missing your laugh,
how did it break?
And when did your eyes
begin to look fake?
I hope you're as happy
as your pretending.
I'm missing your bed,
I never sleep.
Avoiding the spots
And this bottle of
Beast is taking me home.

Your hair
It's everywhere
Screaming infidelities
Taking it's wear

Consider the odds
consider the obvious.
the campaign has died.
In the planning stages
and the fallen faces
are the singular proof
that it was ever alive.

This purchased rebellion
has been outdated
denounced and rescinded
I begged you not to go.
I begged you  I pleaded.
and watched the floor
as you retreated.

conceding your defeat.

Basking in your victory,
hollow and alone
to boast your bitter
bragging rights
to anyone who'll listen.
While you're left with
nothing tangible to gain

he owes me one last wish

?you mean so much to me?
I'm without you

I'm without you

But it's nothing new

for this bloody mess

for this bloody mess

for this bloody mess

You're always made up.
and Morrissey.

You're always made up.
And me.

To annoy people

General Austin

Then, suddenly, over the hillside, comes Zenn Fireblade. At first it seems insignificant, a lone warrior standing on a hillside. Then another head pops up. And another. And still yet another. In a short amount of time the entire hillside was filled with troops.

Rank upon rank of rats filled the front lines of Zenn's army. Behind them was a large contingent of stoats, and behind that was a small elite shock force of weasels.  Zenn grinned. This was not the last moments of Woof. It was only the beginning of their long and glorious reign. He stepped out a few paces, and turned around to face his troops. Striking a gallant pose, he said:

"Rats, Stoats Weasels! Lend me your ears!

Um. I totally forgot what I was going to say."

He paused a while. He scratched his head a bit, his face looking quite gloomy at the apparent loss of coolness from not saying anything. Suddenly his face brightened. He grinned a little, then turned around in a smart military fashion. He raised his right arm, and yelled

"TO WAR! FOR GLORY! FOR GALATHRAAAAAAAAD!"

He let his right arm down, and charged towards the fray. Soon, the ranks upon ranks of rats followed him, each screaming out their own personal war cry. The stoats split up into two groups. One group, noticeably larger than the other, went toward the right of the battle. The other group went towards the left. The weasels guarded a large group of workers who were busily digging trenches in case the assault failed.

OOC: The groups are as follows: The rats number about 3 million, the stoats number in the 3-4 millions range. the weasels are only about 300,000, but they are elite. Sorry if this army is too big. Feel free to add to your own numbers. I was just trying to even the battle out a bit.

In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.