Death Arena

Started by Oscar The Great, December 14, 2004, 12:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar The Great

Is it just me or did someone change my post not pointing any fingers*points finger at Genreal.ElF Noital(Volkov)*

I know my Arcanum game Soon you guys have to realise that the D&D peoriod is over know computer games are replacing them
P.S Im preety sure where VERMIN NOT (sorry, but I can't think of a word to use) ELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Oscar The Great

who keeps changing my posts*spooky music comes on now*
I am Oscar and I am in the Mystic clan my Empire s called Bladefang and is 536 in ordinary game
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Gen. Volkov

No one. Its a word filter. Stop using that word, and it won't change them. I'm just saying... poison is a cheap out. But fine.
Other equipment also includes many cure poisons.

AND D&D WILL NEVER DIE!

Species: Wolf
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Oscar The Great

soory now can we get on with the War.Ps can we make a downside to posion mabey you can only use on daggers? or have less good armour
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Gen. Volkov

Yes we can. I'm currently after windy I think? Hmm. I'll think of a downside.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

windhound

modding my (behind)

how else?

"two arrows shoot toward Volkov"
>>"Volkov dodges, and swings with axe"
"windy dodges, and swings with yew branch"
>>"Volkov dodges and aims at feet"
"windy jumps and aims at head

good god man, it  could be a never ending cycle

full body armor, meaning feet are covered too?  rofl
your guy cant move Volkov
if its light armor, allowing for movement, an arrow could easily pierce it at ~ close range
it its heavy your wolf cannot move atall, much less wield a sword

I donno, this is why I was hesitant to enter this, because noone wants their character injured, but wants to battle at the same time
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Oscar The Great

As an observer I throw in a smoke bomb to stop arrow fire for a little while and so you to can get into the Melee. You most probley could move in armour but it would be extremly slow and VERY uncomfratble
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Gen. Volkov

I never said I could move WELL windy. But I did say he had full plate on. Its not the arrow hit I mind... its the THREE hits I mind.. your not legolas after all. He can move, he's just rather bad at turning.... lol. And a strong bow can punch through even heavy armor at close range. Also.. who are you to make up movement rules? Guys in full plate in the middle ages could mave just fine.

Oscar The Great

I have read anoth books,played enough games to know it is possible to move In full plate armour It is just extremely encumbiring and super uncomftarble so most people who wear that heavy armour are normaly mounted on horseback to make up for there lack of mobility.

I may be 11 but I know my stuff ;)  
Prepare fore the faces
^-^ *-* #-# =) =( =$ =I

Kilkenne

You know your stuff well enough to run around autoing people with a semi-invincible character with unrealistic weapons.

Sorry. It had to come out.

Vengerak

Now now, Kilk. They're all equally bad  :P .  

windhound

mmhrm
tis all true

oh, Volkov, the knights?  didnt you notice they all rode, gasp, horses?!  thats 'cause they cant move.  Studied physics yet?  Facinating subject, shame my teacher was a..  ah, nevermind..   Anyways, whenever knights had to dismount and battle with their swords it was probably semiamusing to watch, as their swords (although impressive in appearance) were heavy and hard to wield.  

And no.  my character is not Legolas, he is merely robbin hood :lol:

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Actually the armor was not as hard to move in as you'd think. The weight was distributed evenly over the body and thus no single part of the body had too much weight on it. (I'm in college windy, you know this, why do you try to brag about your physics knowledge? I guarantee I have just as much if not more.. but lets not get into a pissing contest over it.) Anyway, while it was difficult for them to fight dismounted they did do it. They just didn't like to because they lost the advantage a horse provides. (BTW I know what I'm talking about here, I have a friend who is a history major specializing in this time period and have studied extensively myself, both for enjoyment and to study up for D&D games.) I'll give you heavy swords, but hard to wield I doubt. For one thing a knights sword was very well  balanced, and also they had to fight from horse back, which would require that the sword be easy to wield be cause you can't exactly fight to well and control a horse if you have to use both hands to swing your weapon. The swords that they have found are not the actual swords they used for the most part. SO any inferences from those swords are probably wrong. Knights were practical people, and I doubt they would take something into battle that could easily get them killed.

LOL. Fine you get robin hood, I get King Arthur. Deal? :P  

windhound

:huh: brag about physics?
I've got that next semester, so I assume you've already had it
just pointing out that usually the harder the metal the more weight
the more weight the more stress on the body, and the more muscle required to move it
however, if your wolf is a body builder he should have no problems

[my theory] Knights were nobelmen wishing to show off ;)
that armor cost plenty,  not to mention the horse.  Thus only the noblemen bord out of their skulls with life in the castle became knights [/my theory]

*yawns*
actually?
I'm past the point of careing..  and if your clan doesnt back off in reg I'll smash you..  you were supposed to be an ally

Gen. Volkov

Meh whatever.. I pretty much don't care either. Weight distribution is important, and titanium is quite hard, yet very light, so no harder does not equal heavier. (Just an example, I know knights didn't have titanium)
Being a knight was actually a rank, and all noblemen were knights no matter what other titles they had. GAH! STOP VOLKOV! BAD! NO more! *Tries to shut off flow of words*

As to the thing in reg, I told Neobaron that as long as it was advantagous for us to be allied, we would be, and it no longer is. But I will have them desist from attacking you windy if you will do the same.