Combine GD and RD?

Started by Peace Alliance, January 16, 2005, 08:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

poll hasn't been made yet has it?

i just assumed that since kilk has stopped participating (and i'm pretty sure thats because I stopped putting pressure on him to do so, which i appologise for 'cause its personally i'd rather have an active prez then have one that proves that i'm right, and that i'm the one for the job.) that i would have to bring up issues myself.

One issue i'd like to bring up is the forum seperation. Now, we've had time to adjust, but i want you guys to honestly think about the change. Really, all i've noticed is that the GD is being used purely for introductions and birthdays... which, as nice as it is, isn't really a discussion board at all. When they were combined, we still had that - true, but there seemed to be more too it then that. the introductions, birthdays and Reg discussion seemed to ahve more too it... with the seperation, people don't seem to be discussing things as much.

Now, to be fair, this could jsut be because of a recent decline in activity that i've noticed. I'm not sure if there actually HAS been a decline in forum activity, of if perhaps people don't want to post as much because they've lost interest.

Anyways, think it over, then vote.  :)  

windhound

nah, there seems to be more reg discussion now that there is a separate forum for it..
GD has had the same quality of topics for quite a while now, with or without RD..
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

your right, there does seem to be more Reg discussion... but that may be more of a "social" trend. it might just be that people see the option to talk about Reg so they are, but if we change it back, people will still know they have the option, now that they've learned that they do... right? or did that make sense?  :unsure:  

bjornredtail

I voted no on the conbination. The new reg forum has opened up a number of intresting happenings. It has created a plotline almost on par with the one way back in round 1. Clan wars, politics, backstabbing, all of it...  
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Gen. Volkov

Hrm. Both sides have their points. Merits and flaws. While reg discussion has certainly improved the quality of gameplay, some topics in it are trash even so. And Gen. Discussion has become basically a wasteland, because people don't discuss ANYTHING there anymore. And what is discussed is in no way game related and thus spa roomed or polled.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

it doesn't ahve to be game related, it can be community related. which is exactly what the topics that are in it are. General discussion, to me at least, used to be the place for stuff you almost always had to read, wether that be because it had to do with the game, or because it had to do with the community... and as much as i like celebrating peoples b-day, i think thats kind of spammy in the terms that its NOT a discussion topic.

i think one reason this is happening is because there is too much seperation in the forums. like the last election had an Election GD so nobody ever posted in the normal GD about the elections, and in turn we had a low voter turnout and interest. if they were all in the same place then we would have had more people involved, more acttivity, and more fun. we shouldn't be afraid of having too many things in one forum, because a crowded forum is a active forum.

thats just what i think, i can't actually say its true or not

bjornredtail

To a certain extent, that is the case. However, I think game the improvements to gameplay outweigh the slight divertion of person-viewing-time for the GD.

Ok then, a few ideas for forum re-organization....
1. Eliminate the current clans forum. It is not used. Dump contents into approate game forums.
2. Eliminate the polling forum. Dump contents to general discussion.
3. Eliminate the Stragity forum, dump contents to approate game forums.
4. Eliminate the Game News forum, dump contents to GD
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

Combine them. I always forget to read the RD forum...

Maybe the lack of interestingness in GD has something to do with how it says 'discuss anything you want to about real life...'

Nohcnonk

They should be seperate.  They're two completely different subjects.