Continuation of UMD thread, relocated by Volkov

Started by Gen. Volkov, March 06, 2009, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteVolkov, plain and simply do not flatter yourself. If I had a grudge against last rounds emp team, I wouldnt have asked a few of the very same players to dominate with me this round. I probably would have asked you personally if you hadn't started Woof and mocked Oblit.

Never said you had a grudge against me, though I think certain of your members do. If you had invited me though, I would have said no, as I'd already been approached by Juska at that point. As for mocking Oblit... I'm trying to remember when I would have done that, post-TBV. I honestly don't remember doing so even as part of TBV.

QuoteI know you tend to interpret actions the wrong way and thus I understand your reasoning behind this little rant, but honestly.

Maybe I just am having a hard time reading you, though usually I'm fairly perceptive as to what someone is doing.

QuoteThe reason we turned down your proposal for peace is because you turned down our no murders pact. And of course we arent going to agree to a "truce" when half our players havent even run turns lately and we haven't shown much if any of our potential.

I turned down your no-suicide pact, AFTER you turned down my proposal for peace. Was there also a no murders pact earlier on? If there was, you're being silly to reject an offer of peace because I turned down an pact to stop something that was, until recently, Woof's main offensive weapon.

No, not just throwing in the towel for your personal gradification that we all know you will attempt to flaunt for years to come.

Yes, because I'm always talking about how great I am. Be real Snare, the only time I do that is when people ask or when someone goes "Volkov sucks". As you did recently, to get under my skin.

QuoteRealistically, hypothetically speaking, if we had just set up and emp and insulted you thoroughly on the forums, would you agree to a truce? Didn't think so. Also noticed you tend to talk big(ger) in between our takedown runs. Wink

If I was in your position, I would have taken a truce. In your hypothetical, probably not, but I think that's rather different from the real situation.

QuoteReminds me of the first time you got emperorship. I used you as basically a storehouse and shot you into first after a reset, and after you took the thrown you took all of the credit, which is to be expected I suppose, but out of respect I never opened my mouth.

As I remember it, we worked together. If you want to believe it was all you, go right ahead though. I never denied to anyone that you helped me you know, in fact I'm fairly sure I acknowledged it at the time. It was still an accomplishment. Though whatever you may want to believe, I got into first on my own after the reset. You helped me stay there. Unless I remember that period completely wrongly. Though I suspect you are just annoyed and trying to get under my skin here.

QuoteThe fact is that you seem to stress unimportant factors lately and really emphasize your vast power, and it's really annoying.

Don't belittle me on the forums then. Being as observant as you are, you'll notice that I didn't say well, ANYTHING, about the current war until you called me incompetent in an attempt to annoy me.

If you honestly have issues with me, talk to me on MSN, where I know you will be civil and not just trying to get under my skin. If you have problems with how I play, challenge me 1 vs. 1.

I have issues with you being a jerk on the forums, but you tend to apologize when on MSN, as do I. As for any problems I may have with how you play, they wouldn't be resolved in a 1v1 match. We just approach the game in different ways.

QuoteIf you just want to brag aimlessly, take it somewhere other than ereptors apology chat.

I generally have an aim when I do decide to brag, but I did take it elsewhere.

QuoteSorry, but I don't appreciate you casually calling us cowards and grudge holding whiners. just no.

Generally, if I want to say something like that, I'll come out and say it. If you think I've been implying that, I have not. Actually what I was saying was that if you guys are so dang busy that you can't show us your full power and even one of your members has to go on vacation, then it might be a good idea to end the war. You can hardly say what I offered was not generous. Shoot, with what I offered, and given the positions our clans were in when I offered it, I'd be real hard pressed to claim any sort of victory. Since you rejected any offers of peace, I guess I concluded that enough of your members held grudges so as to make that impossible.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES