Reg Mass-message

Started by The Lady Shael, October 14, 2008, 08:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hey Reg players,

You may be wondering why Reg was down last night. A couple players found a huge exploit in the game and we had to freeze the game and undo what they did. They exploited the scouting feature, by scouting for one turn, then dropping land to the land farm, and repeating the process, adding hundreds of thousands of land to the game.

Some measures have been added, but we are still working on an effective solution to stop anyone from trying this again.

If anyone tries to use this "strategy", you will be disabled in Reg and forbidden to create another account. This goes for Turbo as well.

Reply back if you have any questions.

-The Lady Shael
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shade

I am offended at the implications in this message that I was somehow involved in this.

'a couple players' 'they'? and why was my strategy listed as the cause?

It was the exploitation of a bug that caused last nights mess, a bug that neither I nor my strategy use(d).

windhound

Actually Shade,
"They exploited the scouting feature, by scouting for one turn, then dropping land to the land farm, and repeating the process"
Applies to both yours and Bob's strat.  It's Bob's repeat cycle that caused the major issue, but well.

A couple meaning two, and she didnt name you by name.  It was your original strat, Bob just tweaked the repeat cycle.  Without the original idea the repeat is useless, so giving credit to both is proper enough
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gorak

don't sell yourself short shade, coby would never have thought of what he did if not for you
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.