step 1: find a bug
step 2: use said bug
step 3: ... ?
step 4: profit massively!

+$1.25B nw
+$1.25T cash
-$1.5T debt
the bank of redwall was robbed blind because of poor lending practices

only complain that you didnt figure it out first.
all sellers on the market have been compensated
everyone else was uninjured
i didnt even grab up massive land and lock it at $1 nw :(

what i should have done is kept the nw and made it less noticeable that i found a gigantic bug.
that way i could have exploited it further since i had much more cash than the game could handle.
i should have followed up using the bug to steal everyones land and smash them while locking it up.
that would have been epic but i noticed too late so i didnt have loyalty to heal with to max land.

The Lady Shael

I'm glad you think you're clever by exploiting a beta feature.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Twilight Shadow

Do we get our stuff back or no?

The Duke

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 15, 2010, 05:53:36 PM
I'm glad you think you're clever by exploiting a beta feature.
Oh thank you ever so much for the compliment! You just made my life!

Regardless, the procedure was [wash my mouth out!!!] up. I found a bug, exploited it for a bit of fun, and then went to sleep. Had a bit of a busy morning and wrote up a few paragraphs on the exploit to be privately sent to an admin but was disabled for exploiting a bug in a beta-round... which I was pretty sure was the point of the entire round--to find and exploit bugs. Shooting first and asking questions later is such a great idea, no?

Twilight Shadow: unless I'm mistaken, the admins won't give you back your things. You have cash for them, instead. The purpose of the Market is to sell troops and food. You sold troops and food, you were fully compensated for them, and so there's zero reason to give you your troops or food in return. As it stands, the cheapest bits of the market would have been bought-out either way.

The Lady Shael

The point of a beta round is to find bugs and report them immediately....not take advantage of it to completely ruin the game and hinder further testing of the game. This isn't a test server where you can do whatever you want. It's set up to be played like a normal Turbo round.

So do yourself a favor and be quiet. Don't make us ban you again.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Bob, you're such a idiot. You might as well pin a sign on your head saying "no social skills." You don't have any right to insult a volunteer member of stuff when all you are is a mediocre player with an inflated ego and an annoying tendency to act like you know nothing. 
Finding bugs and exploiting bugs are totally different-I thought somebody like you with such intelligence could tell that.
Honestly, it was so much better when you just don't play, because you don't seem to play for fun, but to insult others, and to annoy and ruin others experiences. I don't see why the admins are even giving you a warning for being banned, for which you should be grateful.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Duke

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 15, 2010, 06:17:19 PM
The point of a beta round is to find bugs and report them immediately....not take advantage of it to completely ruin the game and hinder further testing of the game. This isn't a test server where you can do whatever you want. It's set up to be played like a normal Turbo round.

So do yourself a favor and be quiet. Don't make us ban you again.
So then I tell you again that there's a tiny issue with the bank and you ignore it for a few days (at least). I've played that game and danced that dance with you before. I didn't go so far off the deep end as you'd like to think. And as I said, there's a huge paper-trail of what I bought and from whom, as well as when I ditched the NW to test a few things myself. If you really thought it completely ruined the game and hindered further testing, you'd have simply deleted anything I transferred. You didn't, so we don't have a problem here. Further, to the admins: make up your mind as to whether this is a normal Turbo round w/o immort or if it's a special Turbo round designed to find and then fix bugs. I found additional bugs in my testing; bugs I wouldn't have stumbled upon without having exploited the first.

As to Firetooth, this is a Beta round. Unless I misinterpreted the initial message from Lady Day, this round is meant to find bugs so that they might be patched. A 1/4" pine board may be a fine surface that looks great, but it's not something that would be durable. The traditional point of bug-testing is to investigate all scenarios. If we play this exactly like a regular round, we'd never get anywhere because we wouldn't be trying anything.

Nobody was making a huge deal when I played last round or rounds before then. I had quite a few unofficial claimants to my warlord names.

Shadow

The point of beta rounds is to find and report bugs. If you find them and refuse to report them, you are worse than useless. That is the point that is being made.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Duke

Quote from: Shadow on June 16, 2010, 06:05:17 PM
The point of beta rounds is to find and report bugs. If you find them and refuse to report them, you are worse than useless. That is the point that is being made.
I suggest you look elsewhere when throwing around insults. You're about ten minutes late on your particular jab; I was just in a particularly benevolent mood and at least one member of the staff has now been told what, where, and how I stumbled upon the bug. Try everything you never do; there's enough people to cover what you'd have done anyways.

Peace Alliance

Bob, unlike you Shadow is not trying to launch petty insults. He's merely illuminating precisely how you are a useless beta tester.

Sharptooh

Bob:
Go troll some other forums, you're not wanted here.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sharptooh on June 21, 2010, 02:19:21 PM
Bob:
Go troll some other forums, you're not wanted here.
That might be hard, he's not wanted anywhere! :P
Yes, I went there.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.