How do you pronounce 'Shael'?

Started by The Lady Shael, March 19, 2005, 10:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

I read the Hobbit when I was 6. Unbelieveable, I know.. O_o

Nohcnonk

I never really read the Hobbit, and read The first HP at 11 or 12 I think.

Myrhakel

I always think of it as shale.

Why were you reading Harry Potter at all???

I read all of the Narnia books in Grade 1 or so.  I don't think I understood the last few though. ^_^
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

RazorClaw

I read the Hobbit at age 9. Read Chronicles of Narnia at 7. LOTR at 10-11, Redwall from 9-13 (present). Nohc, my mom bought the book for me so I wouldn't be bored on a trip. I thought it looked really dumb, so I refrained until I was bored out of my wits, at which time I read and enjoyed. Went to the book store, were we bought the first one (mom had bought the second) and then, when we went to Canada, made them go to a bookstore to get the third in the U.K. edition (before U.S. release). Got the last copy of the fourth one at Costco, and got up at 6:00 to get the fifth. Yes, Ashyra, the key to getting lots of posts is simply saying something in the topics that you think you can contribute to, rather than just the ones you KNOW you can contribute to. Or, spam.  :P  Which I try not to do very much.  

Trident

Shay-ul
Like the rock or whatever.

Vengerak

Aren't Shale and Shay-el basically the same?

The Lady Shael

No, the second one is two syllables.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

~>John<~

Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Kilkenne

Kilk declares that it's Shay-el and will not hear otherwise!

The Lady Shael

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

RazorClaw

Whutever. Boyfriends decide pronunciation now?