The Gawtrybe

Started by Fleetscut, March 21, 2003, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

Deathclaw's keen senses saw the fox moving. Taking half his followers, he darted after him, taking care to find and burn the boat used by the fleeing fox.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Fleetscut

The lizards had now caught up to Alcaline's camp and were furiously sieging it.  Just then there was a mighty war cry.
"HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Sqiurrels ran like blurs to attack the lizards. Many of them dropped their spears in fright. A barrage of arrows was put up each one slaying a skink. Kiawo charged into the lead his eyes fixated upon the Marsh Lord toad.
OOC: I skipped a lot here. Kiawo rallied all his squirrels to fight the marsh lords.
Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

Deathclaw

OOC: Yeah, but you earlier mentioned that they joined me and deserted you.

Leading his band, they dashed after the squirrel firing arrows to set off his yell of alarm to denote his position in the dense woodlands.

Fleetscut

OOC: No they were his warriors that deserted him. The rest of the Gawtrybe was back at camp.
The Marsh Lords fought back in a furious frenzy. Despite being attacked from 3 armies, the Lizards remained strong. Yesero felled a charging lizard with his sling and drew his dagger ready for the clash.
"It seems that evree frogger we kill there are ten to take hiz plase!" Yesero said, full of hate and disgust.
"Yes. But ow warriors are back and that stupid hare. We will not lose this battle with out a strong fight!"
On the other side of the battle field the hares rejoiced.
"I say wot! Bally reinforcements. Come on troops let's give em blood n vinegar!"

Ash Barkwood had beached his log boat on the shore and could here the battle in the distance. Ignoring it he ventured on and stumbled upon the Gawtrybe camp. Hundreds of squirrel wives and babes now had their eyes fixated on him in surprise.

Windhound too had beached on a shore and using his might paws slashed through the foilage. Far off on the other side he too could barely hear the battle. He laughed hysterically at the sound of it and lost his balance.
He fell on Nightfall's slain carcass.
For the first time in his life, Windhound felt fear.

OOC: Sorry for killing nightfalls off. But she isn't making an appearance.
Alcaline's army may too soon have to disappear.....Also, Nightfalls was not slain by any of the characters or armies in this game so far.

Deathclaw

Seeing windhound weeping over the fallen comrade, a sense of victory came over Deathclaw. He motioned for his troops to fan out, surround windhound, and then confront him.

windhound

windhound hurridly brushed off the leaves and blood that stuck to his fur.  "Gross."  windhound muttered to himself, "just plain discusting.  Stupid vixen, lettin herself get killed like that..."  
Leaving Nightfalls where she lay, windhound padded quickly back to where he had left his boat.  "Stupid hares, they've burned my boat, but..."  windhound did a quick inspection of the charred hull.  "It shoulda been still soaking wet when they found it, so they musta thrown leaves and branches in to help it burn...  Wonder if it can be fixed..."  A little while later, windhound pushed his odd and very unstable craft back into the water.  He looked at it with extreme distaste, "it floats, for now atleast."  Finding a long, forked branch, windhound propelled himself into the fast flowing current.  Paddeling quickly for the opposite shore, he beached his boat and wandered back through familure territory, trotting slowly, quietly, towards the place where he could hear a fierce battle rageing.  Although it was none of his buisness, he liked sitting back and watching a good fight, it was a good way to spend a day or two, as he had little else to do.  On the way he fashoned more short javelins, his being lost somewhere along the way.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

Now your surrounded, either near the battle or clearing... I'll go either way.

windhound

woops, you slipped in Deathclaw...  

EDIT:  Thanks for fixin your grammer :)...
EDIT II:  windhound is to be surrounded near the battle ground by Deathclaw's forces, an agreement was reached...
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

Spotting the fox, they surrounded him, weapons at the ready.
"Now, fox, you ready to bargain?"

Quickly turning, three monitors rushed them, and they had to fend them off. The fox had vanished.
"Nooooo," screached a squirrel. He brutally kicked a rock. It opened a passageway, and with a flick of the tail, windhound turned a corner, Deathclaw's band after the fox.

Taking with him half his band, they fanned out as a tunnel widened. Surrounded, yet again, the fox lay back. Then the chanting a started. Mobs of monitors fighting for the Marsh Lord in an underground stronghold approached. A squirrel shot off to bring more forces, who arrived as the chant was almost upon them. Many more fighters came, and they through the fox in a lizard cell and prepared to do battle.

windhound

"Well..."  windhound muttered to himself, "I did want to see a battle, and I am safe while I'm in here...  Just after the fighting is done, what will happen..."  Glancing down, he noticed he still had his herb pouch, and retrieved some herbs and a small dagger from it.  He rubbed some leaves on his nose to cool it, as it had been what he had landed on when he was thrown in the cell.  Using his dagger, he slowly began to pick the lock on his cage, keeping an eye on the soldiers around him to make sure he wasnt noticed.  

Fleetscut

OOC: LONG post what worth it...I hope!

The clash had begun. Spears against curved daggers clashed as both sides furiously held their position. One of the stronger lizards pinned Yesero to the ground. Kiawo reacted swiftly and slew the skink with a quick whirl of his Gawtrybe blades. Yesero sprang back up quickly and fired a few volleys.
"Tis no use kiawo! We musts retreat!" He gasped as a toad inches away was felled by his arrow.
Kiawo had a better idea. A huge Acorn tree stood out in the battle field with limbs spreading out in all directions. He fought his way towards it injecting the deadly daggers into the victims of his blade. He then ran up the tree and began to fire volleys of arrows from it.
"UP HERES!" He cried. The whole Gawtrybe rushed to follow his example. Springing up onto thick limbs and raining stones on their foes. Yesero himself found a place next to his great friend Kiawo.
"Hmm Great idea Kiawo!" He laughed notching a Gawtrybe style shaft onto his bow.
Kiawo spat onto the ground as the vermin furiously scrabbled up the tree."
"Pchach. If my dum wawwiors not follow dat stupid hare we would haf some sqwuirrels to defend the tree!"
A young squirrel eager to gain a place in the ranks scrambled onto Kiawo's limb.
"Sir. We are runnin out of awwos. An dere be no more stones up here!"
Kiawo simply snipped a twig off a branch above him and skillfully whittled it into a skewer. Then he grabbed a handful of acorns and handed them to the bewildered squirrel.
"Here show all da squirrels that these acorns and twigs be arrows and stones. They not be as good and is a waste of arrows but we must not let them get to us!"
The Squirrel smartly saluted by waving the feather in his tail and jumped down to another branch to tell the rest of the Gawtrybe what to do.
Kiawo sighed with relief. The lizards were hardly making progress up the trunk and with all the acorns surrounding them, they could live in the makeshift fortification for ages. But one word kept repeating in Kiawo's mind. Fire.

On the other side of the battlefield, Alcaline and his long patrol were not having as much luck. Already the lizards had broken through their first trench forcing the hares to retreat. They hastily shifted rocks and branches from side to side to protect them from the endless enemy. The hares however did not lose moral despite the situation and carried on walling themselves in without complaint.
The lizards did not take advantage of the hare's retreat. One Lizard General had intervened ordering half of the army to help against the Gawtrybe. One Lizard commander who had a smarter mind than the average skink, thought about how he could help the situation with the loss of too many soldiers.
He ordered several lizards to come and see him. He then drew a square with a circle in the middle and showed it to the puzzled skinks.
"Yawhoooga. Groad."
Then the skinks understood what he meant. They were going to build a catapult!

OOC: Here's a map so we all don't get confused with where's where!

******** GC*****************************
*****       AB******                            
*******************************  *****AT     ***********
NFD**** *******WHC    *****  *****                         ********** A
**********      DC             *****************************

KEY:
*: These are trees. I just put them in there for fun.
GC: Gawtrybe Camp
AB: Ash barkwood. (he's in the GC at the moment.
NFD: Nightfalls dead body. Slain by a small army of lizards.
WHC: Windhound and the cave. Imprisoned by the lizards.....for now.
DC: Deathclaw and his army.....and my only warriors (cept Yesero)  :angry:
AT: Acorn Tree. Kiawo's army is up here fending off the lizards.
A: Alcaline. Desperatly fending off the marsh lords. I'm actually considering killing him off too if his owner does not post soon....
8: The stream.

Just thought I'd put it in.....

Deathclaw

Seeing windhound furiously picking the lock, he sent two hares to guard it and fought on with the lizards in a stalemate.

windhound

windhound sat discouraged in the corner of his cell.  His knife had been confescated by force, but he had been allowed to keep his herb pouch.  Presently he began to mix a compound to help him sleep.  The constant fighting was getting on his nerves, and it seemed as though he could be there a while.

Trident

Nightfalls had taken a reconassiance mission.  She was sullen to realize that the vermin had an endless mass, and she went back to find windhound.  Not seeing him, she followed his tracks, without making a sound.  A sheet of mist glided across a crescent moon, and darting through a shaft of moonlight was the yellow vixen, her eyes on the ground.  She came to a large fortress,  and she peered around quickly.  All the guards seemed as though they were looking at her, but as ledgend has it, the marlvixen dematerialized from we what seemed right udner there eyes.  She soundlessly trotted down the cells, and realized she would need a lock.  She found herself inching closer and closer to the cell guard.  She reached out and  waht seemed like hours she finally took the keys from him, gingerly making sure they would not clank together.  She trotted quickly back down to the chambers, and released the prisoners.  She grinned when she found windhound, and hugged him tightly.  "I was afraid I wouldn't see you again," she said, remembering how close she was to being caught herself.  But just as the gruop were beginning to leave, a whistle was blown, and the guards came forth.

Fleetscut

OOC: Hum, Trident, I don't know how to put this to you, but we killed your character!
And now I'm moving in on Alcaline's!

A stout hare came running to a group of slamandastron warriors.
"Hi there chaps! Don't start brekkers without me!" He barely gained five more paces when a rabble of large rocks buried him where he was.
The hares sprang up immediatly. 3 large ballista were slinging dozens of rocks at position.
Alcaline's expression was dismal as he watched the hares race up and down the fortification in panic.
Things were not looking too good.

Kiawo however, was growing in confidence. The lizards at thrown everything at them with out succeding. They tried to cut the tree down with their blades, but the trunk was too tough for their primitive blades and the skinks were easy targets for the squirrel's bows.
"Teeheheheheheheheh." Laughed a young squirrel, "Dese lizardies no match for our bows!" The young one's high sprited nature was loved by all of the army and boosted high moral. They all found the tree to be quite resourceful. They had no worries in repairing bows and arrows with wood all around them. However acorns were running low in supply and stopped using their slings all together.  Yesero soon found that they were using up the wood far quicker than he would have thought.  
The lizards soon found that their resistance was far too strong. The commander ordered a withdrawal and began formulating a plan in his head.

Maddened lizards  pounced upon the two hares guarding the gaol. One of the lizards spear point broke open the lock incaging the fox - and the door swung open.
Although heavily droused, windhound spied his chance for freedom!

A babe Gawtrybe squirrel approached Ash Barkwood and broke the silence.
"Whaddya want! You aint Gawtrybe!"

OOC: If anyone wants to control the lizards attacking me or Alcaline, that's fine! It's not too exciting fighting by myself ;)