Islander - Woodlander War

Started by Deathclaw, July 01, 2003, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikepaw

OOC: Forget what I said!  I think I quit this rp (not final) because Deathclaw, and you RazorClaw always come out victorius over me, whatever I do you foil it.  God Moders, I am trying to defend myself.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

RazorClaw

OOC: Pikepaw, I already made it back! Read the things properly! Listen, "RazorClaw advanced, victorious, to Deatclaw's fortress." This suggests that I already made it there. If I had said, "RazorClaw was advancing, victorious, to Deathclaw's fortress", that would be a different matter entirely.

Deathclaw

Deathclaw positioned one hundred archers in the trees over the adder pit. They picked off the adders as a crew of otters manned trebuchets against the pit, burying the threat alive. 300 hares protected there perimeter, and they used this force to expand from the lake they had claimed. They pushed on to bigger borders, and installed trebuchets, siege onagers, and seige mangonels. They now had Over 500 inside the woodlands. They set trip wires at their borders and at strategic points, and installed archer towers. They put up tents, lining the walls with wood to protect from archer fire. They dug in the ground at an angle, sandbagging the front and sides.

Later that day...

Two hundred fifty weasels of the WDF came, unaware of the force presented against them. Archers shot at tents, which were protected with wood. Sandbag trenches supported archers and soldiers in wait. The weasels went down on the trip wires, and had arrows immediately piercing them. The battleground raged. A few of Deathclaw's soldiers went down to archer fire, but for every one of them there were ten enemies slain. When the weasels numbered less than two hundred, they retreated. They need more power. And they would bring more. Much more.

Pacing his tent in the woodlands, Deathclaw set up to send a signal flare when he was attacked. Hiding soldiers would rain down fire on the far side of the forest, and dig in camps around the woodlands, effectively surrounding the woodland area.

Soon, the flare came. Weasels stumbled blindly on trip wires. Seige weapons battered at large groups of enemy combatants. They rushed in, snipping trip wire when it was noticed.

Deathclaw rolled up in force. His fighters charged the armed woodlanders, bringing them down. It was a good battle, but Deathclaw killed all of the enemy. They were still one hundred less than them, so Deathclaw felt confident, though he counted deaths - 89 - and called in enough soldiers to number one thousand. The sound of battle quelled, replaced by serenity.

Deathclaw called to the best shot in the Archery Division - Shaft Deathbow. He provisioned him with water, a small amount of food, several signal flares, and a surplus of arrows. Deathclaw debriefed him: "Your mission: play assassin. Go to their largest city area. Assassin military and civilians, but only if you run short of targets. Sabotage weapons and defense. A sniper in the city."

He patted him on the back, and in the darkness of night, Shaft Deathbow left.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Pikepaw

Bluddwar could not let anything more bad happen to the innocents of the woodlands, he hurried them far to the south and saftey.  But the redkite left a goodbye present for the forces he had lost to the otter.  Setting the entire camp on fire his archers and slingthrowers brought down any who tried to sound the alarm; surviving serpents came out of the ground and wreaked havoc on the enemy (many had been in other places when Deathclaw did his snake slaughter).  Many snakes went down but they fought on, a single bite ensuring death.  When Deathclaw started fighting back they retreated, going north and leaving no trail, out of the woodlands, to the northlands.  The Adders of Bluddwar had more courage and honor than given credit for; they stayed behind, most of them in mad fighting rages, to keep the enemy at bay until they made a clean get away.  Only four snakes came with them, one young, musclur male with his huge, older mate and two felmale juveniles that were only half-grown; the rest, with bravery never known for the spiecies stayed until death.  The Adderhunter had made friends with the serpents he hunted and had some weasels and ferrets dig a grave for a dead hedgehog that they had absently carried back; a simbol for all those who died at Deathclaws paws or at the paws of his army.  Bluddwar swore that he would come back to save the woodlands and slay Deathclaw; the only thing that mattered to him except the lives of the helpless and innocent was that Deathclaws' death.

OOC: No one is at my camp, I went to the northlands with my fighters and the innocent went to Southsward, Redwall has been destroyed.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

RazorClaw

RazorClaw grinned. A great happening, it was. A bunch of Adders and woddlanders, jogging back to Bluddwar's base. Not that RazorClaw needed to know where the base was. But he now had prisoners.

Later, at Deathclaw's camp.......

RazorClaw assembled every last one of his army, calling the rest of his army from his paradise isle. Ony a bare skeleton of creatures were left back at base. RazorClaw set them all up in formatiom. He then put the prisoners in a tent, and set it on fire. "If you don't come out and give the white flag, then these woodlanders will burn alive! They're fit for fighting, almost killed me, so they aren't "helpless woodland folk". Will you still save them!?"

Pikepaw

Bluddwar Adderhunter had not left the woodlands, but his fighters had.  The kite had came back to make sure everyone was okay and out, when he heard RazorClaws' challenge.  Suddenly, to the creatures around the tent it seemed that a red, screeching blur came out of the darkness and dropped something while ripping off the burning tent canvus,
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHH! KKKKKKKAAAAAAAARRRRRKKKKKK!  No surrender RazorClaw!  But will this do!" The dropped object was a piece of white cloth.  The bird of prey had a huge bucket with him and filled it with water from the lake next to the camp, pouring it on everything burning around the hostages and putting it out.
"Quick friends, on me back!" cried the bird to the prisoners.  After they got on Bluddwar grabbed RazorClaw in his talons and threw him into his own army.  Then he flew off into the night and disappeared, heading for the northlands.

RazorClaw

RazorClaw grinned. All according to plan. He slashed his way through a score of beasts, then made a sound like a trumpet. Millions of beasts came down, wreaking destruction. First a score, then two, then three, then four, then one hundred, two hundred, three hundred, four hundred! Archers' arrows, fire-tipped, zoomed into the battle, bulls-eying plenty of beasts. eight-hundred beasts dead for his side, about ten-thousand for theirs. All Bluddwar could do is call his troops back, before more beasts died. But they fought on, until fvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvoot! An arrow hit RazorClaw in the chest. His eyes glazed over, and the captain of Bluddwar's army grabbed him, to claim him. A flashing scimitar was the last the captain ever saw!

At the sick bay.....

RazorClaw woke up. Was he dead? No, he couldn't be, his whole body was wracked in mild pain. Deathclaw's doctors were the best. RazorClaw got up, and flexed. He was very much alive.

Deathclaw

Deathclaw walked in.

"That arrow took you through several veins, severe bloodloss. Good thing it wasn't an inch lower, or it would've been to the femoral artery, and you'd've died. Let your forces rest. Mine are all sandbagged up, eager for battle. Most haven't seen any, so I will take over until you're able to command."

RazorClaw

"Oh, I can still fight!" RazorClaw got up, and drew his Scimitar into battle position and started running to the War Room. Suddenly, he was wracked in pain and everything went black. The last thing he saw was a doctor kneeling over him, with a concerned look on his face.

Deathclaw

Deathclaw locked the door to Razorclaw's infirmary room. He wouldn't let him go and kill himself.

Shaft was in the city. He had already brought down two top aides and an advisor, as well as a civilian. He was just getting warmed up.

Pikepaw

All of the innocent woodlanders and weakest of Bluddwars' army were to the far south region of Southsward, out of Deathclaws' and RazorClaws' reach.  The hunter bird and his loyalist, strongest creatures were up to the far north of the Northlands, with the freed hostages.  He had decided that as long as the otter was slain, he didn't care who killed Deathclaw, but Bluddwar now had a deep disire to kill the peguin himself, the kite didn't care about what would happen to him, as long as he slew the enemy bird.  The redkite would bid his time, then strike when the enemy least expected it and when the foes forces were at their weakest and the Adderlords' (new title) at their strongest.  RazorClaw and Deathclaw better enjoy controlling the woodlands and living while they can, because the WDF would chose the day for the final war, when the woodlands would be taken back from his hated enemies.  Bluddwar and his fighters were willing to die for the freedom of the woodlands and the death of their foes.

RazorClaw

OOC: Pikepaw, we aren't evil. We are merely another faction. There is no good guy-bad guy thing here.

RazorClaw woke to find that he was locked in the infirmary. Deathclaw had forseen his attempt to get out. He reached down. No weapons. He was trapped. He was now useless. Unless, that is, he strategized.....

Pikepaw

OOC: To my character, your characters are evil, even if they are not.  If somebody drove you away from your home, where you used to live in peace, not matter who they were you wouldn't think they were just another factions, who would think they were evil, or at least hate them.  I'll edit anyways.

Deathclaw

Quote from: PikepawOOC: To my character, your characters are evil, even if they are not.  If somebody drove you away from your home, where you used to live in peace, not matter who they were you wouldn't think they were just another factions, who would think they were evil, or at least hate them.  I'll edit anyways.
OOC: At the beginning, I mentioned that both sides were preparing for war, I struck first. Therefore, there are no evil sides. Your weak are surrounded also, I surrounded your whole wooded area, and still own the lake inside.

Deathclaw moved more and more troops to the woodlands, to the bordered areas. He put Razorclaw's troops in areas also, so that now they outnumbered the woodlanders (It would seem so, as two armies are fighting you, Pikepaw, in case you want to argue this). He ordered them to expand their borders to the fringes of trees, and set up outposts farther in, basically stone towers with three archers each. Anyone seen was evaluated, determined as enemy  or ally, and either attacked or left alone, decision made accordingly. The woodlands were falling slowly but surely.

Pikepaw

Only the birds, adders and a few earthclawers had actually escaped the woodlands with Bluddwar, the rest were prisoners and slain.  The big kite looked to the heavens, tears watering his eyes.  He cried out loud from the cliff he was perched on.
"Oh why!  Why have the fates sent me two enemies with powerful armies and I have no allies to help me and my forces have been overpowered and are now weak.  I need help, yet none comes, why!  AAAAAKKKKK!"  The bird continued staring at the sky.

OOC: This is really unfair.  RazorClaw and Deathclaw together are attacking the woodlands and me, but I have no one on my side to help me, while I get beaten easy.  This sucks.