Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

its also stupid, 'cause the lincon statue WOULD be taller, but he's sitting down... so is that supposed to mean that lincon is more important then freedon? just only when he stands up?

and what the heck do they need guards with shotguns at the statue of liberty? who the heck would attack there? not to mention the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier... what is he gonna run away??!

Aqualis

"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

Canada's wierder.  

Peace Alliance

no we aren't. We don't have any stupid people, we killed em all last night.

RazorClaw

But you're not allowed to. THE DEATH PENALTY FOR YO-, wait. You guys don't have it. nm

Deathclaw

Peace...

A - Guards at statue of liberty.. its a terrorist target, lots of people and a national landmark.
B - Guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier... I'm guessing for prevention of vandalism, defacing of tombstone, etc.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Peace Alliance

LOL deathclaw your hilarious!!! the guards at the unknown tomb are SYmBOLIC!!  they have that whole changing of the guards thing... you know... we have that in canada too in the summer, but its more extravigent, ionno why.

and my point about the guy at the statue of liberty, is that there is no strategic value to it, not in the location he's in. Besides, who wants to hurt the statue of liberty? then you get the french whining atcha... and NOBODY wants that!

RazorClaw

Because it's a symbol of the United States, Peace. For instance, when the terrorists were trying to attack the white house, the president wasn't there. It was being done as a symbol.  

Peace Alliance

i'm sure there were a lot of importent people in the white house.... but doesn't matter

RazorClaw

But not enough to really cripple the US. That's not what the terrorists wanted to do. If they had wanted to do that, there were many other places they could have bombed that would have had a lot more impact. No pun intended. Their basic goal was to scare the US and kill Americans.  

Aqualis

They did attack the pentagon.

~the mighta awualis

RazorClaw

They hurt our economy some. But other than that, they were trying to inflict terror. It's what they do. If they could've attacked a place where they'd kill 20,000 americans and get just as noticed, they probably would've tried there, too.  

Peace Alliance

hurt it SOME? I know it probably wasn't precicely their intentions, but they sparked a war that caused the US to funnel hundreds of billions of dollars into war efforts... they did more then a little damage

Aqualis

I was under the impression that the economy was at an all time high.

~the mighta awualis

Scarwake

Canada has good water....
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album