Turbo Bugs

Started by The Obliterator, January 08, 2009, 11:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Obliterator

In my first run some bugs have been brought to my attention.
1.You can put 80% of your stuff on the market no matter what.
2.In one turn i make 2223 skiffs so 666 of them should be taxed according to the 30% tax thing.
However 945 are being taken off me which is aproximatly 43%.
And it kinda hurts.
It is only the troops that the problem occurs with.
3.Also i can gin leaders by loosing them.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Peace Alliance

I got approx 38% of my troops taken. Perhaps this has something to do with troop multipliers?

Have you checked to see if this is a readout error, or an actual error?

The Obliterator

not sure i tried it twice to make sure but i can check that too.

Marell

I too have encountered the same bug with the market. You can sell max troops however many times you want in a row, with no ten minute waiting period.

As for the supposed troop bug however, I believe the taxing is working perfectly...the readout for troops gained has simply already had the tax deducted from it. ie: Add troop production and taxed amount together, and thats what you normally would have produced.

EDIT: Silly me.

The Obliterator

Ya i found that too cept i was going to ratios like 300.
so i was gaining leaders
I also now have 39 mil loyalty. ???
Im indying so anyone want it. :P

Marell

I'd love to have that loyalty Oblit  :)

And yeah, I think that must be another bug. I had 0 loyalty and an hour later I've got 15mil...and 1 person has done a run in that time I think.

EDIT: So when taxes are taken, are they meant to be handed out gradually? Because that is what seems to be happening. Even now with only myself online for the last half hour or so, and not using turns in that time myself, I recieve a small amount of every resource each 10 minutes:

Before turns recieved:
Loyalty: 16,772,077
Leaders (?) 596,763

After turns recieved:
Loyalty: 17,526,377
Leaders (?) 610,037

Shadow

Are clans supposed to not appear on scores below 5 members? Makes it a bit hard to recruit.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Yeah, it's supposed to be that way, cause you can't be "official" until you get the 5 members. People can see the list of available clans in the dropdown menu on the clans page, other than that, publicity is word of mouth.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I am getting tons of loyalty but nothing else. My cash, food, troops and leaders are not moving, even while other people are running. Well, they are, but by abolsutely miniscule amount as compared to loyalty.

I got 16 million loylaty in 3 hours. With 10 active players, there should have been 160 million loyalty distributed in that time. If that is 30% total, that means that close to half a billion loyalty has been produced so far. Which is not possible.

I got another 15 million loyalty that turn reset. Assuming 17 active players, that means that  255,000,000 loyalty taxed, which means that hat guy with 13k land who is running at the time produced 850,000,000 loyalty in 10 minutes.

So either there is something wrong, or I am misunderstanding the tax system.

windhound

http://migfly.no-ip.org/dump/rwl_com_issues.png

A small amount of oddities so I just took a screenshot.
Note:  Running 100% huts.
-The amount of loyalty it said I produced is 2,169,719.  But at the end it claims I produced 3,874,630, and a total of 2,944,660 was added to my total amount.  Total taxed was 929,970.  So the readout in the first block is wrong.  The amount added to my account + tax = total produced.
-I overspent, both cash and food, but it did not stop turns and I did not lose 3%.  Its likely checking only pre-tax numbers.
-It appears to be taxing my leader production at 42.8%, assuming the first block does not factor in the tax.  Or does it?
-My tax is negative as my economy is continually in the toilet.  I'm not sure what a negative number is doing to the total amount of taxes collected, I suspect its decreasing it.

I ran the numbers again and the first block is indeed post-tax...  I'm not sure about leader gain totals but loyalty is off by a bit.
I think it would be better if it just displayed pre-tax myself, it makes it easier to see the impact.  Possibly have the pre-tax ontop and post-tax underneath

-Also, there's no claim of taxes being collected on Leader Loot and Forage.  If there is one could I please have a readout.  If there isnt one there probably should be one, as everything else is taxed.
-Last note, while I appreciate the extra loyalty, I suspect the total loyalty collected is not being reset after its distributed so it keeps gaining.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Obliterator

Lol yup i think so cause now i have 89mil loyalty :D
Haha i now have 1mil leaders too at a 3,148 leader hut ratio and a 104 leader land ratio. :o

Shadow

There are no desertions for now cash and food - \i just did a full run without any resources whatsoever and finished with a ton of armies

Maybe we should call this a beta round and revisit it in the near future ^_^

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on January 09, 2009, 05:51:04 PM
There are no desertions for now cash and food - \i just did a full run without any resources whatsoever and finished with a ton of armies

Maybe we should call this a beta round and revisit it in the near future ^_^
Same but I had no land lol
Quote from: The Obliterator on January 09, 2009, 05:29:44 PM
Lol yup i think so cause now i have 89mil loyalty :D
Haha i now have 1mil leaders too at a 3,148 leader hut ratio and a 104 leader land ratio. :o
i think Ill revolt to leader :D I have 56mil loyalty to

Also it wont let you join Unions Ive joined armarda twice but no clan forums/management or anything  :o
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Quote from: Firetooth on January 10, 2009, 04:45:31 AM
Also it wont let you join Unions Ive joined armarda twice but no clan forums/management or anything  :o

I don't think this is a bug Firetooth...

"Clans are called Unions. The only difference is that unions are required to have 5 members before they can become official.
Also, in official unions, 20% of your gains are taken and spread around to your unionmates."

You need some more members  ;)

Firetooth

you should still be allowed to disband the clan or whatever even if it isn't official and have forums

Member quota reached! Union officialized!

Something Has Occured
You are now a member of Armarda! The Union Rules:

still not on scores ???
And there's two one with only pip but the other one Im suposedly isn't in union list? If click on emps there's shadows clan and one armarda on list ???
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.