Islander - Woodlander War

Started by Deathclaw, July 01, 2003, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

OOC: No, its not autoing. My archers are defending, and I already established the defense mentioned.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Pikepaw

Bluddwar the Slayer stared into the black eyes of Pen Cil, awaiting his answer to the kites' proposel.  Around them, creatures sharpened swords and axes, made bows, arrows and javelins and collected slingstones.  The day was coming soon for the final battle and the deaths of their foes, the captains and even hordesoilders had made personal enemies in the war and vows of all kinds were made.  The two leaders, Pen Cil and Bluddwar were silent, staring at each other across the fire.

OOC:  answer me Almkman.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Almkman

Huh.Oh yeah.Sure.
Mar Ker get the flame flingers ready.Burn down their shields and have the beasts fire their arrows or slings.Every one of my creatures has a sword or scimitar and a bow or sling.Pikepaw do any of your beasts have bows or slings?If they do put them up with my beasts.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Pikepaw

OOC: its Bluddwarr, remember
"I will put my archers and slingthrowers with you, I have already divised a plan to take on our enemies.  I am afraid though, that it is late.  You and your band can sleep here until dawn, then we will rest and prepare during the day to attack the next night, right when they change the guards at 11:00, we will strike, with our plan and kill them all.  While we rest during the day our forces shall prepare their weapons and we will make our plans.  My forces have all kinds of weaponary and are capable of making siege towers and batter-rams in a short amount of time.  It is time for sleep now."  Explained Bluddwarr.  Then he went to his perch to sleep the rest of the night.
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Deathclaw

Deathclaw laid out snares, nooses, fishing nets from above, and trip wires through the forest. He also dug pits with sharpened spearheads at the bottom, all coated in poison. Archers sat in outpost towers of stone, alert, surrounded by multiple quivers of arrows. Cutting off advances would be very well done by these archers, and skirmishers were stationed to fight enemy patrols, but stay under cover if they were outskilled.  

RazorClaw

RazorClaw was fine by now. He decided to take a refreshign Woodland walk. Casually stepping over all the holes and nets, he made is way to Bluddwar's camp for single combat.

Deathclaw

Deathclaw positioned an honor guard around his war tent, and kept everyone but sentries under cover, so that they could hone weapons, sleep, or amuse themselves or their tentmates.

Later, Deathclaw felt a need to position troops behind sandbagged areas, and he did so. Archers were outfitted with several quivers of arrows, and were built special firing trenches to defend from. The camp, except for a few exits, was surrounded by a covered pit of sharpened spearheads, poison coated. Acid also played a part in these potential deathmakers. Flares were set to alert skirmishers of battle, and to haul back to fight from the back of the enemy.

Pikepaw

It was past dawn when Bluddwar saw RazorClaw, (actually his scouts saw him).  The red kite knew why the peguin was here and grabbed his spear and went to meet RazorClaw.  It was time for the final conflict!  Leaving all of his troops behind, Bluddwar the Slayer met RazorClaw the Cunning on a long grassed plain with a forest several meters to the east.  With only a few meters seperating them, the Adderhunter called out to his foe.
"AAKKK!  I know why you have come seabird!  Now we will fight, with no help from either of our hordes, and it will only end when one slays the other.  Are you ready peguin, because this will be your last day in the woodlands. KKAARRRR! MMMOOOSSSFFFLLLLOOOOWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRR!"  Bluddwar Adderlord charged his opponent; the giant spear ready to kill!

Deathclaw

Little did Bluddwar know, thirty of Deathclaw's archers and seventy ground troops came, as well as twenty hawks. If Bluddwar won, these forces would set about, sniping, attacking, and flying to prevent escape.  They wouldn't interfere, but if Razorclaw lossed, there would be revenge seeked out.

Pikepaw

Three of the WDF captains watched the conflict.  Rightrind, Gurnta and Dolod; a felmale adder named Grassloss was with them.  These were the ones who would take over and defend the horde if Deathclaws' troops attacked, If their kite general lost.  If Deathclaw still attacked if Bluddwar claimed victory, then they would command if defence, if for any reason Bluddwar was too injured to do so.