That RWL superglue keeps me coming back

Started by The Lady Shael, April 26, 2013, 05:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hey everyone. I was thinking about RWL the other day and thought "I should pop in just to see how they're doing." I spoke to a class of 9th graders about programming and showed them RWL, saying it was one of the most educational programming experiences for me. And it made me miss it.

How's everything going? Anything crazy happen in the year or so I've been totally MIA?

I've learned so much about coding and software at work, I would love to put it back in RWL. Finding time would be the hard part. Although my class ends next week, so I'll have a little bit more free time over the summer.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Shael! I thought you'd forgotten us :'(. How's life as a fully functional adult?

RWL 3.0 has been steadily progressing, though development slowed down while I finished up undergrad. I guess the biggest thing you missed was probably windy getting the idea to code RWL NPCs - we now have functional, if fairly stupid, RWL robots that run on the 3.0 code. If you felt like doing some RWL code I have tons and tons of ideas that I just haven't ha time to do ^_^.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

Hi Shael! We all missed you.

I was more or less gone for about half a year too. Came back (superglue too strong) to see reg basically in suspended animation. But we finally got the ball rolling recently. Way too much land in the game though.

Community has died down a bit since last year but most of us are still here. :D

Also I just realized that I hit 500 posts. w00t!
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

The Lady Shael

I know, I can't believe I've been gone this long without even stopping by the forums. :/ I'm so glad to see everything's still going though. :)

I would LOVE to help out. Give me the details and I'll see what I can do.

Life is pretty awesome actually. Work is great, learning a lot and making money. Started a Master's degree in Software Engineering, but only taking one class a semester, so not too bad. Learning to make iPhone apps in my spare time...so coding is pretty much consuming my life right now. But I love it. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

I'm actually taking a trip to celebrate graduating in about 2 weeks - Morocco, Greece, and Turkey over the course of 6 weeks. I'll try to put together the development list that is in my head before I leave, and when I get back I'll be able to code, but there should be plenty there in the meantime.

I imagine you could probably do a far better job with the bots than windy or I did, which is one area of development that I would really like to pursue - specifically, I want to make the bots into slave accounts that you can order to do work for you (make resources and stuff), and I want to make them work in teams together to have emp rounds with actual dynamic emps. Which would be awesome.

The Lady Shael

That sounds awesome. So jealous, you definitely need to post pictures when you get back.

Looked at the top of my screen and saw this:

Total time logged in: 72 days, 4 hours and 0 minutes.

...I've spent 72 days of my life on these forums. So crazy.

Oh also, has anyone talked about the Redwall game that's coming out soon? (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/somagames/redwall-the-warrior-reborn) It looks pretty neat actually. Hopefully it won't take too many of our members away. :p

Shadow

lol, don't even look at mine it's embarrassing

The Lady Shael

Ahahahaha. Of course I had to look, and I actually burst out laughing when I saw it.

Shadow

Crazy how much time we've spent on this game. And that doesn't even count the coding time.

The Lady Shael

Or the time thinking about RWL. Although the days when RWL consumed my life were definitely some of the most fun days for me.

windhound

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Welcome back Shael, nice to see the superglue still works. :)

And wow, I never realised that redwall game was getting kickstarted. If I had money I'd back it...maybe I'll get Sharp to instead.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Total time logged in: 42 days, 18 hours and 18 minutes.

Welcome back Shael!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sharptooh