Origin Stories

Started by Shadow, May 04, 2013, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Wolf

Shadow

Hahahah it counted your spa posts to your count, you are now the highest post-count member in forums.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

aah.
I did that manually as it wasn't updating post count with the maintenance script
That's funny.  I donno, lets say a tenth of those were real

UPDATE smf_polls SET ID_MEMBER=4825 WHERE poster_name='Night Wolf';# 6 rows affected.
UPDATE smf_messages SET ID_MEMBER=4825 WHERE poster_name='Night Wolf';# 17307 rows affected.
UPDATE smf_personal_messages SET ID_MEMBER_FROM=4825 WHERE from_Name='Night Wolf' #234 rows affected.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

It's now part of the quirky website that is RWL.

Now NW can go lord the fact that all his spa posts actually count over all the other spa denizens.

EDIT: nvm :(

Night Wolf

haha i only had like 500 real posts before i deleted.
You should have left it the way it was!

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Shadow on May 06, 2013, 08:15:46 PM
You would have to message windy about that. I know he fixed Wolf Snare once, but I haven't any idea how. Send him a pm :)

nah, all my old posts are gone I believe, probably for the best.

I had several names before wolf snare, but my strategy usually consisted of attacking for networth, and I'd always get pummeled. After a while I picked things up, and thought it was terribly clever to name myself Wolf Snare b/c I wanted to take down / surpass wolf bite ^_^

yep definitely, my post count is 406, used to be in the thousands.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

Neg, I surgically reattached them to your account Snare.
Observe: http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=3140.msg42518#msg42518

When the forum deletes your account it just removes your row from the members table.  So all statistics etc are gone, but the posts remain as orphans unless I run a sql query to match a new account number to the old name.

I gave Night Wolf his post count back 'cause he had a better sob story -- and he didn't delete his account twice in a row.
The forum can't by default recalc post counts, though there are mods.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Wolf Snare

Redwall: Warlords
An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

It's the achived Loren clan forum, your posts there are still linked to your account, it just doesn't count them properly.

windhound

Ah, I didn't notice...  but yeah, all your posts are still there
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=3714
299 pages worth, 15 per page.

Captain Mortspear

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 06, 2013, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Captain Mortspear on May 05, 2013, 05:32:31 PM
fursona

please no

yes, as in, what I would be if inhabited the world of redwall, NOT one of those weird people who have sex in fursuits.  "Fursona" is merely the best term I could find for it, as alter-ego doesn't work as well for some reason.
SEMPER FIDELIS, EULALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krowdon

Quote from: Captain Mortspear on May 29, 2013, 11:27:42 PM
Quote from: Kilkenne on May 06, 2013, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Captain Mortspear on May 05, 2013, 05:32:31 PM
fursona

please no

yes, as in, what I would be if inhabited the world of redwall, NOT one of those weird people who have sex in fursuits.  "Fursona" is merely the best term I could find for it, as alter-ego doesn't work as well for some reason.

Quotefor some reason

It's because you are a furry. ;)
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kilkenne

Raggon

Going back to the original topic, almost exactly like Krowdon, I wanted to start with "R" because that is what my real name starts with (Have fun guessing what that is!) and the rest just came together. I'm still looking to see if it has any meaning.
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Captain Mortspear

as I said the word is used for no reason other than to describe that the alter-ego I use in Redwall role-play online is anthropormorphic in an animalistic manner.

don't judge, I wish there was a different word I could use, but I don't know of one.
SEMPER FIDELIS, EULALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!