Message from Fenix

Started by Abby The Rat, February 06, 2003, 06:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby The Rat

Fenix have been telling me that someone have been give out aids with his account.

And he like everyone to change their password for your sake.

I do not know if this was Pete (Read The hacking in Update/News) but since he did have access to the database at one time, it might be best to change the password.

Although the game might be reset it is still a good idea. You may never know who "pete or sam" (the other hacker if it was not pete) have told.

I do wish and hope that things will return to normal.

The first step is to change password.

I do not wish to alarm anyone or put anyone off there game. I'm sorry but I felt I had to pass on fenix message.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Slynder Talderhash

The reason your passwords should be changed is that Pete the hacker, or whomever is doing this, is probably capable of getting everyone else's password, or has them already. Fenix cronies should be warned especially. I expect that things will be corrected once again by the mods, but if you've received any major packages of unexpected aid from Fenix around 8 eastern time on February 6th, I would ask that on his behalf you do nothing with it, but instead inform the mods of the exact amounts so that things can be regulated. I myself was quite shocked to receive some 5M in troops, as well as much loyalty, money, and food. (Please note that I did have position 10 before this happened ;) ) I think that should suffice for a notice. Once Fenix finishes himself off by hyperventilating, his corpse should respond quite angrilly.
~By the Warlord Stoat, Slynder Talderhash~
~Commanding Officer, Imperial Regiment 54~
-First among those loyal to the Falcon
-Commanding General, Royal Army of Faltriadary

-Warrior of Old ~WOD~

Ah, but who am I now?

Trident

Obviously, it had something to with the beatles.  I noticed how, all of the sudden, Holt Lutra shot up in rank, THOUGH NOT GAINING ANY LAND, and Fenix's networth went down, WITHOUT LOSING LAND.  Obviously, Holt Lutra and his friends are ebhind this.  Goodness forbid them getting off easily.

Mtsenskovite

In defense of Holt Lutra, I happen to know that he's extremely extremely food-fat. His whole NW is food. He's not leeching, as far as I know.
--Mitya Shostak
Mtsenskovite Army, #227

Look. My signature is attempting to be original!

The Beatles

I know I'm banned, but I had to defend myself.

1. I am not Pete the Hacker, a genius, or anything. I'm your average kid studying premed and classics, and knows some Java.
2. Holt Lutra is my bro. We plan strategy together.
3. Check the other thread for why Holt Lutra shot up. There's a perfectly reasonable explanation.
4. Don't mudsling me.
5. We were just forging a friendship with josh again on msn.
6. Check who's IP registered the account which cause Fenix to be disabled.

Slynder Talderhash

I can testify that Beatles is in fact not Pete the Hacker, just in case you folks think it's him. I must admit that Beatles is the kind that seems rather suspicious of a crime like this, but evidence shows otherwise. Fact of the matter is that Pete would require knowledge of PHP and MySQL databases in addition to his other hacking skills were he to alter the database values. I spent qiute a while finding the best tax rate and some other such information from the PHP source. Not wanting to give away such hard work freely (Well, not really hard work. Didn't take me that awful long at all, but I like being annoying.), I only told him some hints as to where to find the information. Not knowing PHP, he was unable to come up with the right numbers. Voila, mes amis. The only other possibility is that he just did really bad math, which is unlikely considering that he boasts of his calculus skills.
~By the Warlord Stoat, Slynder Talderhash~
~Commanding Officer, Imperial Regiment 54~
-First among those loyal to the Falcon
-Commanding General, Royal Army of Faltriadary

-Warrior of Old ~WOD~

Ah, but who am I now?

Abby The Rat

I have to agree with Slynder. This Pete will have to know all of PHP and mySQL. Even then he will need to know how to look at the PHP sourse codes the games is really using.

He could of used the codes that Boze allowed with permission and used that as a base.

The Beatles

Okay, chant it loud: We like Slynder!

Um, though the above post was derogatory of my php skills, at least it admits my good math. :lol:
He wasn't telling the exact truth, now/ He said he is annoying. See? Not true.

I do know Java. So there! :P

Abby The Rat

Even so. Java is not PHP. I am learning PHP and could see the different (both speed and code wise).

The Beatles

Java, actually.
PHP is gibberish to me, tho' I know Java quite well.
I like French and Spanish too. Vosotros tambien aman el Espanol?
When I set up the Cafi forum, this tech guy had to help me for 3 hours, I was so thick. Putting up a mysql server and all. I still don't know how it works. :P
I'm good at Java, and I like the object-oriented approach.

Stormclaw

A Departed Hero...

The First Emperor, Stormclaw, called by history The Noble, Longest-Ruling of the Eight.

Abby The Rat

PHP can be a object-oriented programming and I think the game is too.

Menatus

Now, why would Beatles do a thing like that? Don't asume, it makes an butt out of you and me. (An "as" out of "u" and "me"?)

Anyhoo, this leaves a reset quite open, eh?

Germania

PHP is far more efficent than java is or ever will be, I believe it closely resembles C. MySQL is a database system like borland, and is far more efficent then CGI or perl. Hence the lesser loads on server cpus as compared to ones that use PHP. Take Ikonboard and Vbulliten for example. (feel free to correct me, pete or whoever else.)

calria

assume has two s's. hence the effectiveness of that corny cliche'.

*shudder* coding languages.... *shudders again*
thats why I have Dreamweaver... all of the benefits, none of the actual knowledge required.