RWL: 3.0 "Worker's Paradise" Development Thread

Started by Kilkenne, January 01, 2012, 08:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Now THAT is a welcome change of tune. I'm sure there is lots you can do, stay tuned.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

Just so you know because we've paged over, there are ~game photos~ on the previous page (page 3, the third page). I am posting this post so you don't miss my post.

Wolf Snare

you sounds like a muppet when you talk like that ha

MS paint ftw.

okay sounds good.

i want a cool siggy :wink:
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Rakefur

(Nice siggie Shads)

Now back on topic: "O.O" is all I can say. WOW. Now I really want to try it out.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

The Masked Wolf

Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Blood Wake

Although I would be sad to see the old code gone, I do approve and look forward to the new version of the game. Well done boys.

*Claps*
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shadow

"Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"
Isaiah 43:18-19

Best quote ever

Rakefur

That belongs up there with the logo.

All right, that's going a bit too far.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

Towers
Towers get a nice boost in this game. Previously, towers provided 500 DP each, and needed 100 rats per towers to get the full effect. We have instead reduced the passive tower defense to 200 DP each, with the same rat requirement, but with a twist. If you are attacked with a single troop type, the towers allow some of the troops from your other stacks to help defend. Which means that when someone attacks  you with rats, your rats get a little bit of help from your weasels, stoats, and skiffs, and when your stoats are attacked, they get some help from your rats, weasels, and skiffs. The size of the effect is modified by the defensive value of the troop being attacked, which means that guerilla strike benefits much more from tower sharing than does bombardment.

This troop sharing applies only to single troop type attacks - for standard attacks, towers just provide a passive 200 DP, which means that you may find yourself in a situation where you can break with standard, but not being able to break in any of the individual troop attacks.

The exact formula governing the amount of troop sharing is not particularly important - the new fields in army status accurately convey the information so you can check your defenses before and after making towers. The only things to note are:

tower sharing increases the more of your land that is on towers
tower sharing is affected by health, but the passive 200 DP added is not

The net effect of all this is that towers are "levelers" of the defense values of your single troop stacks - rats and stoats get a big boost, weasels and skiffs get a small boost, with the net result that your defense can be much more balanced despite the highly offensive nature of troops in RWL.

Alazar is Back

I am mildly excited for these new changes, i have played at a lot of promisance sites and never seen anything close to this. I would definitely suggest making this a seperate server, even if people like it in the beta. Maybe for a few months or so to see how it carries over...

Also, if you need another tester to give some feedback, I would be more then happy to help with whatever.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

The Masked Wolf

Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

Currently just tweaking things, going smoothly so far. I will have an update for you guys detailing how leaders work in 3.0 in the next few days :)

Durza

YAY, more information to rack or brains over.  (No sarcasm)
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts