A n00b that needs to be un-n00bed :P

Started by Kyrodo, August 18, 2005, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyrodo

I'm new here, and I'm used to playing FAF. I'm very used to selling food for cash, and it doesn't help much here apparently. I'm not exactly financially stable, so that's why I'm posting here. If anyone can give me a single strat that will keep me financially stable, it'd be appreciated (preferably one that doesn't depend on markets). I don't know how to use leaders very well, except for raising defences and helping attack people in other areas (so if you just want to introduce me to the leaders strat, that'd work). Any strat that gains cash easily is fine. Since I only use land for gain in my runs, I don't care about defense at all, just offense (I rely on massing). I use barracks to gain some of my troops. Oh yeah, and don't neglect how to gain food either :P

Hallo!

wolf bite

Welcome! We all hope you have a good time here.

Lots of people like to show what they have gotten from the game, so a teacher is not hard to find. It is just a matter of when they check this topic. If in a few days you have not found what you are looking for, PM me and I will find you someone.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Barkclaw2

Sorry to all that I cause distress to. I can sometimes be a jerk (Well, ok, all the time). I don't mean to be.

windhound

well, one strat is to simply rely on your military.. 
build only barracks and a few foragers, then attack for land, build more barracks and sell off troops.  once done attacking, sell off the majority of your troops, then 'forage' for the remainder of your turns, which also rebuilds the army you sold off

works alright, not recommended for large armies

leader massing works better for me, because I have instant cash/food any time I want it

edit:  oh, and ofcourse Welcome to RWL!
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kyrodo

Oh yeah, thx lol . I don't know how to use leader/hawk strat very well because I never tried it XD I should probably try it real soon when I get the chance... lemme guess, build lots of huts, and loot or feast whenever I need to... and leader battle for land, or use troops for it. If that's what it is, then I should really try it out...

Hallo!

Nohcnonk

Never leader battle for land, my friend. ^_^ Especially on RWL.  You need the defense.

Kyrodo

Hallo!

The Lady Shael

Yay, another new person!! *excited*

When I last played (more than a year ago), I always used markets for cash...but that was just one of my many pathetic strategies. But I didn't post to give you strategy tips, I'm the last person you should ask. I just wanted to say hi. ^_^

And I'll emphasize what Wolf said, if you have any other questions or anything, just poke someone or post something here, and they'd be glad to help.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kyrodo

Oh hi! I'm trying hawking (err, leadering?) now, I'm a little shakey at it, but hey! I'm doing much better than I was doing not so long ago! *grins*

Hallo!

Juska

Use Juska's rat massing strategy, he's a genius!
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Kyrodo

what? cause he's you? lol if the food only selled higher, then I'd have alot of barracks to mass with :P

Hallo!

Holby

Yeah, that was something that I wasn't all that fond of... At one stage (Maybe it hasn't been lowered yet, who knows?) food sold for 6 times more on FaF than in RWL. Unbeatable strat.

There's nothing wrong playing purely with Markets, Barracks, and Foragers, in fact, you can run do fairly well with it now we have more land in reg. Leaders are, of course, the most successful way to play, but can be the trickiest to learn to play well. Feel free to contact me on MSN if you want assistance: holby_72@hotmail.com

If you have AIM, ICQ, or YIM instead, let me know, and I'll get them running again ;)
I will not deleted this

Kyrodo

My YIM is briwarner1990 (I had to use my old e-mail address) as for help, I'm doing okay as of yet, though I'll tell ya if I need help on something!

Hallo!

Juska

Yeah leaders are so tricky, lets see attack build huts repeat wait till your hit hope you don't lose leaders loot until your outta turns or money or food then of course forage then you either build some camps and buy out the bm or buy out the pm or save your cash so you can be like everyone else.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Kyrodo

I use pure huts, and I buy off the BM (meh, camps may lower prices, but I don't need them) I'm doing really well with this strat now ^^ it's not as tricky as I thought it'd be either (but still tricky at first) I'll be good til the end of the set.

Hallo!