Leaving for good this time

Started by Kilkenne, May 24, 2003, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

Sorry for my numerous typing errors here, but I can barely see the screen. You know why? I'm incredibly upset for some odd reason. Why? Because I've probably put 500-1000 hours into RWL since I joined in October of last year. (could have been late september) It was fun, I played, I was in a lot of good clans and all, I was number one a few times, not for long each time, but every time I've played, I've been in the top 10 for 95% of my existence. Now, I've decided to leave on the account that there's another 95% figure. 95% of the people here are idiots or are just plain ignorant. Go ahead, say "Why Kilk, that's a terrible thing to say! I'm going to stop reading this at once, because you're an idiot yourself" Well fine, do what you want, but to the few of you who will keep reading...

(a small background)

In the beginning, I started playing RWL, I had no IDEA what I was doing. I was number 60 on the original server. I was a Stoat, because at the time it wasn't DEX. Ereptor was 61, and we founded the original TBV. I quickly left that clan when I realized that I was accepted into DI, where I prospered and hit the top ten quite quickly, where I remained through the entire war with Spigot...No time to explain that. After that, I had a succession of small wars in the first KM, we were a dominant force of the game for over a month, but even that came to an end, as Fenix, otherwise known as Josh broke it up. The world came crashing down as there was a re-start and we had to build up all over again. Once more, KM arose, and we dominated the game for about a week or so, but it was more towards the middle of a round. Then, I led Empire to whole new heights before Ereptor broke that and we all know what happened when he was in first...Anyhow, back to the reason why I decided to leave..

Well, as you know, I led the KM from this era as well. I got the majority of the best players, and set up shop at the top of the game...So it happened...First, we had a treaty with <==}=, the Clan of Evil Blades. Well, when we were strapped for land sources when we had 8 out of the 10 top spots, the rest were held by winter, we decided to break the treaty and use them to get some land. I asked my clan members about this...And the general consensus was that that would be fine, as winter was too strong, and we didn't want a major war yet...So then people got on Wolf Bite pretty hard, saying he had committed war crimes of some sort, and he did not, it was me and the rest of the clan. The other thing that I did, was kick out a member to let ECT in, if you don't know who that is, figure it out. A former Pal member, alcazar was chosen. I told him why, and the reason was this...ECT had 3.8 million stoats, and 1.8 BILLION dollars, even in his small stature, Orcrist found the information. He said he would be picking one KM member a day to crush dead until I either let him in or killed him. And not being one able to defeat numbers like that, I had to let it in, and explained to alcazar why I had to do so. Even then, people in the clan began to fear me, and they went to Wolf Bite with their problems. He promised not to tell me about their problems, at their wishes, and he did not say anything. Now honestly, if you tell someone problems, you would expect them fixed...and they did, except the problem was, Wolf Bite kept his word and did not tell me, so everyone left without a word, so naturally, they attack me. This is a rude reminder to me that most everyone here is a fickle idiot. I mean, of course you can leave the clan, but an organized leaving of everyone? Wheeee! Sounds like a lot of fun for Kilk, who gets on, sees everyone has left, and doesn't know why...Stuff like this happens here all the time, just on a smaller scale, and I'm not going to put another 500 hours into this game just to have it happen again, thus is why I am quitting. Screw RWL, I'm sick and tired of people doing dumb things that make me lose hours and hours of work...That's why I'm inconsolable right now.

I was known as the Evil Baron of RWL...The Hero...now I've just been taken for a huge fool. I've been denied what kept me going for a long while. I don't have much to call on anymore. Goodbye.

EDIT from years later: Wow I was upset about this, hahaha

wolf bite

I really would like to send you some ice cream, it does wonders.

So very sorry Kilk.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Ereptor

We go back don 't we Chris.  There is a lot of Chris's around here aren't there.  Bah.  Heh heh.  Anyway Kilk i don't blame you.  It is hard to lose clan members like that.  Ad although he is not perfect does have a lot of power in this game.  It is sad to see two members of rwl leave.  And until two days ago the two leaders of two great clans.  Both clans are now gone.  I send my wishes and tidings of good luck to both of you.  Cheer up there are plenty of other games out there.  But i know your pain after losing hours and hours spent on this game by a tornado.  Life does not always go the way we planned.  So go get your anger and frustration out and i hope to see you both back in the future.  Good day.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

The Lady Shael

Kilk, I never would've thought this was possible, but it's happening right now, so I don't know what to believe. I can't change your mind, as I've already tried, but it's going to be hard for me and the rest of RWL to accept this.

You've been a wonderful clanmate, and a great player. We even joined RWL about the same time. We've had great times together, that will most likely never be forgotten. I'm really going to miss you so much, because RWL won't be quite the same. Good luck with the rest of your life, and don't forget, I'll always be there. Goodbye, Kilkenne of the Northlands. *hugs tightly*

*leaves*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Beem

*Sighs heavily and makes a mark upon the wall.* It is sad to see you go; though I do not blame you.  I only wish you could stay, you are one of the few left who post decent posts mostly free from spelling and grammatical error.  Well, I wish you the best and I prey that my name isn?t on that list of idiots you mentioned.  Good bye and I hope you find happiness elsewhere.  

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Abby The Rat

If I didn't have to look after the forum, I would join you Kilk, in any game.

Ereptor, to become powerful as I, takes alot of work and that work is getting so much to me. I agree with everything you say.

Everyone, when I left, I never wanted this to happened, because of me, everyone is leaving. WHY?

Sorry, I'm going to into deep depression.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ruatine

*raises her eyebrows and furrows her forehead* It's a game! How can people get so emotional over a game? *shakes her head* I don't understand.

Anyway, though I've never talked to you Kilk, I bid you a fond farewell.  
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Blackeyes

I only wish you both the best of luck and if you never come back on here then I will talk to you both on  AIM  . Have a good life without RWL , you have both been amazing people to us all ... *Goes and hugs them both not as lovers (ewwww!!!!)but as great friends and players*
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Menatus

Aww, Kilk. We were never the best of friends, but I always considered you one of mine. Although I don't leave RWL officially, or on bad or good terms, I'm not playing and haven't been for quite some time. With so many of my friends leaving, there's not point to play anymore.

I've never cried about a game and won't start now, but I'm truly sorry. I can only hope that I'm one of the lucky 5% who isn't an imbecile.

calria

Kilk, for any part that I played in your descision (which, given recent events, is probably at least some...) I'm sorry. It's easy to pick someone who is excellent at the game, and villainize them, just to have someone to hate. I have a certain propencity for doing this, and especially to you. For this, I apologize. I am truly sorry to see you go.

Brock

I can see why you want to leave and I know that I or anyone else can stop you.  I don't know what to say.  Goodbye.  Why is everyone leaving lately?  The population of RWL and its forums are rapidly depleting.  Once again I say goodbye.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

Peace Alliance

I joined in the last weeks of the first era, and i never got to know you then. But i got to know you a little more in the second. We faught each other for a while, pretty much sharing each others land. I know what its like to loose everything you're got after a lot of hard work. I know i dwell on this too much, but i put weeks of effort into my strike on Ereptor and it was all taken away in one day... Actually... It was taken by the same guy to.

I guess this is what happens when I leave for 3 day isn't it? It'll never happen again, i've chained myself to the computer and now I officially have no life!!!

See ya man, I wish we could have faught together, we could have had ereptor.

Mark

I feel very sad for you.  I just makes me very sad to see one
of the oldest people leace the game.

Hope to see you in any future games :D
      *Takes MSN and AIM adress*
Originally The Black Rider, Fonder of Nazgul?.

Down right proud Mac user!
Also down right proud iPod owner
user posted image
If someone died for you? Would you care?

Ashyra Nightwing

Kilk...

I don't know what to say...

I'm really, really going to miss you.  

RazorClaw

Kilkenne.........
Surprising verdict. Hope you have a great time with a normal life. you were one of the best, and though there were times when you called me things that I won't mention here, and vice versa, the forums won't be the same without Kilkenne, former Evil Baron and Hero of Redwall........
Fare well on your journey through life............

P.S. I hope you enjoy the fact that my noblest post ever was made to your good-bye.

::cries::  ::cries::  :( ...... :)  *smiles weakly*