Everyone got trolled

Started by Drakus, May 12, 2013, 10:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

That's a lazy argument handwave the points taek is making, kilk. The market is actually much more alive atm than before Drakus dropped, which wasn't until midround. Land was also locked solidly long before that. Drakus admittedly did what he did exactly at the wrong time and gave sevz a huge advantage, otherwise he would have been broken by now.

Still, your post really isn't that relevant. The ridiculous power of towers is nothing to do with Drakus. The lack of a suicide substitute is not the fault of Drakus. That you get desertions of 10% on larger warlords is not Drakus' fault. As taek said, the market being abuseable has absolutely nothing to do with Drakus. What, is this the new blame Obama? :P

edit: Oh, and taek, Snare is Sevz attack dog. He burnt all his bridges with the rest of the community over the last couple of years, as he only cares about his "legacy," basically winning rounds with Sevz to add to his "collection" (he even called himself one more added to the collection once...and failed to make the top 15). I'd drop dead in shock if he ever left team Sevz.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

It's not handwaving. I don't have a horse in this race. I just have read too many of the same post with the same content that gets the same response to not think that someone who everyone assumes is very intelligent doesn't know how to breathe through their nose.

Additionally, there are two threads right now, one of which says TOWERS GROSSLY OVERPOWERED, the other TOWERS USELESS. This creates the symphony of ~helpful hints~ that sound like ~whining~.

Firetooth

Reiterating the "Drakus borked the round" point without acknowledging any of the valid arguments presented is handwaving. I don't know if you meant it this way, but it comes off a bit rude, when we should be encouraging feedback. The dev board has had a surge in activity of the past few days because taek has been posting, where as it has been inactive for ages. And you helped code this thing, ofc you have your own view, or your own horse as you put it.

Also, that third sentence is difficult to decipher, but I think I get the gist?  :P I'm pretty sure most of the things taek mentions there, such as land locking and market aiding, have not previously been mentioned by him, if you're saying he is just repeating himself.

As for towers, blegh. They serve no purpose but making locking easier, imo. I honestly think they should be removed, as cities were, unless they are given an application that gives them some purpose in running turns with towers built. I also haven't seen anybody say they are useless, though I am just going to hazard a guess that this is team sevz? Shadow has said they are overpowered, and they are probably getting balanced, so I don't know what you are trying to say here.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

I'm not in a position to engage in this "handwaving". There is no "we", there is me basically saying that someone has burst onto the scene 6 days ago, run about 3500 turns, and has declared everything wrong and broken. While Shadow's not here to address it, I don't want to have to read through a month of it. So I'll go back to logging in and marking every post as read because I can't be bothered to read the pseudo helpful journey of discovery that you two are just now embarking upon.

Have fun, and remember that I didn't write anything, I made the framework for this thing and it's not been my responsibility since.

E: Let me say that the reason I generally touch these threads is because Window is too passive and willing to make everyone happy, and Shadow never has any time.

Firetooth

You're absolutely right, let's not make suggestions for the game when there is a board named development. Nice hyperbole btw. ::)

Honestly, I think you're just being antagonistic for the sake of it, but whatever. Shadow seems to agree with most the suggestions everybody's been making, but as you said he doesn't have the time to address it atm. Everything was civil and fine until you, strangely enough considering you supposedly have no interest, start trying to provoke people who have done nothing to draw your ire. I'm only really annoyed because you're being a [crab] to taek, who is trying to be helpful.

But it's funny how taek isn't qualified to speak just because he's only been here 6 days, but you are the voice of authority and reason, despite having not actually played a 3.0 round since...well, I can't actually remember you playing since the beta?

Bye, I guess.

Uiblis

Firetooth, cool your jets, I feel like you're being needlessly hostile here.

I mostly agree with you; I haven't played 3.0 for a while either, but the issue of market abuse and towers is more or less separate from the issue of Drakus. The land pumped in excess was just a catalyst. If Drakus hadn't abused the bug, the issue would still exist but likely on a smaller scale or at least later on in the round. Kilk is right to an extent.

Only really meaningful post I see here is the one by Taek, everything else has this underlying hostility that doesn't seem too constructive.

Kilk got a bit snarky there, but hey, I mean, it's Kilk.

There are clearly issues, so why not go make a new topic and address them there instead of piggybacking on a troll thread and flaming each other for attitude?

I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Drakus

Nice argument, folks. I hope my serenely bombastic attitude does not bring you ire, but I feel that my actions in presenting an extra game challenge in the form of Unbreakable Sevz were justified.
meow

Gen. Volkov

Drakus, shut up before you get banned. You broke the game, used an exploit, and should be ashamed.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Uiblis on May 20, 2013, 05:37:56 PM
Firetooth, cool your jets, I feel like you're being needlessly hostile here.

I mostly agree with you; I haven't played 3.0 for a while either, but the issue of market abuse and towers is more or less separate from the issue of Drakus. The land pumped in excess was just a catalyst. If Drakus hadn't abused the bug, the issue would still exist but likely on a smaller scale or at least later on in the round. Kilk is right to an extent.

Only really meaningful post I see here is the one by Taek, everything else has this underlying hostility that doesn't seem too constructive.

Kilk got a bit snarky there, but hey, I mean, it's Kilk.

There are clearly issues, so why not go make a new topic and address them there instead of piggybacking on a troll thread and flaming each other for attitude?
Kilk's middle name is probably snark. Doesn't excuse him being rude to people for no apparent reason. I mean "pseudo  helpful guide?" That's really rather disparaging to that one post taek made, and come on, there is no game guide. All his posts are peppered with needless, subtle little insults in Kilk style. He has been dismissive and made no effort to actually read any of the suggestions taek made (as he admitted), but still proceeded to slag them off. That to me is disrespectful.

Moving to the existing dev thread sounds like the done thing to do.

Drakus

On a side note, Reg needs a reset.
meow