Expansion Suggestions

Started by Retto, September 01, 2003, 12:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almkman

You should be able to attack people who attacked you no matter what there rank.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

The Lady Shael

That's what clan wars are for. Personally, I don't mind not being able to attack everyone. It establishes a certain degree of fairness in the game and limits the number of pansies we have in the game. If there's someone you dislike, set them to war status. If your clan leader doesn't like that idea, or your enemy doesn't have a clan, live with it.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Almkman

With Ad as your clan leader you don't get to many clan wars.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

The Lady Shael

*nods* That what I meant in my post above, some clan leaders probably don't want to get involved in a clan war. That's one of the consequences you have to accept when joining a certain clan. If you don't like it, you're free to leave.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

calria

I rather agree with Shael.

If Winter went to war, then the respect and trust it's earned as a peaceful clan would be very hard to rebuild.

Angrod Palant?r

Clan wars are fun, I think I'll stir up some trouble just so we can have one. ;)

In regards to a message that pops up for turns, I think it would be more annoying than useful.
Shael, you said "That happened to me once". How many turns have you used in your RWL playing time? 20,000? One incident doesn't qualify for a complete change.
However, maybe if it could be made as an option to turn on, that might satisfy some people.

Ashyra Nightwing

That's happened to me before. Except I looted for 400 turns instead of 200.. That's a good idea.

The Lady Shael

I know as a fact that's not the only time that's happened to me. I can't recall the details of the other times (most were in the First Era), but I'm sure mine isn't the "only incident". While I'm sure a lot of people are frustrated by this, making it an on/off option would be the best idea. Or only being able to set a confirmation screen for a number of turns that you yourself will set. Like if you usually loot for 200 turns, but want to avoid using 300, you can type the limit to 200. *shrugs* Only if possible, that is.

Ashyra Nightwing

I think you should be able to buy armour and weapons for your troops. It would increase their offensive and defensive points..

calria

Ugh nooooooo!
Way too many bad memories of VI Dueling, there....
*dies*

Juska

Hello everyone,
  I like wolf bite's idea on being able to sell more on the market,and the armour and weapons thing but call it reshearch and not just armour and weapons but farming leader stats and so on.You can put a certain amout of you population into resheach and you can get points to resheach things(That idea is from a game Ive played).I think that classic should be reset every 30-60 days so that no one can totally control the game.Starting when wolf bite has a huge networth doesnt give you a very good chance of getting in first.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

bjornredtail

The regular is long on resets for a reason. Its so that your work will build upon itself. Also, every empire has its fall, there are enough opertunities to become emporer.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

bjornredtail

I have another idea, a show all button on the scores link, so that way you don't have to click the "Expand list" thing for some 13 times.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

friend or fo

i like ur guys ideas but like u should make it 0/unlimited in clans b/c outwar has it that way and thats a pritty good game i play it but the thing is like they where saying winter needs members so does others but like how bout u ppl just join one clan then as more ppl join the game they start there own clan and try to take ppl down that are in the clan that has mad ppl in it put it this way take the top 70 put them in the clan then like the rest will have to try to kill ppl in the clan to over come it then rule it i mean this is kinda wired what im saying but it kinda makes sense dont it b/c like if we have all these samll clans and the loren with the most (even kno theres really only 4 ppl in it wit other accounts in it) b/c like loren might have the most and they might be the best but if we took them and others made a caln wit like 70 ppl in it then more ppl join then they try to build a 70 ppl clan to try to take down the frist clan that had 70 see

OR u could have these lil sucky clan that can barly fight and they git kicked

OR make it ppl in the top 20 can make clans and if there not they cant then like will have these better clans but dont make it only 12 members make it more so ppl are like omg i wanna join that clan but cant then they have to wait like for ever to join it

PPL are losing intrest in this game already i have and i started playing like 4 days ago and i just dislike it its to boring make it better make it like every one starts off weak wit no money then u make ur money by taxes and lones b/c we start wit a lot of money and this protection stuff git rid of it i just started a new one b/c i bymistake made 2 and i can't think worth beans. (I have no brain. None.) i cant attack i cant go to market to so like make a hole new better game that does not rack my miniscule brain for every molecule of intelligence it has. I mean, seriously, guys. I don't believe in the english language - you want me to go around and play this game which is like thinking and stuff?

(EDIT: Good Day, Friend/Fo! This is a note from your friendly mods and admins here at RWL:

You keep this up, we'll ban you

It'll be only for a short time, maybe a week, but it is a serious inconvenience if you have the attention span of a small bug. So stop swearing. And maybe use english? we'll appreciate it a lot. And...if you don't...we'll mercilessly make fun of you. Enjoy!

I have deleted the swear words from your post and replaced them with things which give the same general idea.
)

Dead Eye

I love when admins and mods do things like that! Who did this one, Retto or Stormclaw? They are the only funny ones!
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov