ROME

Started by The Weasel Liberation Mov, October 29, 2003, 09:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swift

Question: Why is Rome acting like they are trying to be peaceful when Marcus has made 29 attacks with only 2 defenses? That seems very aggresive to me and unjustified.  Do you so-called "Romans" have a response for this aggresion?

Bloodrath

Heh, compaird to what I have done in the game at times, I would call that peaceful. ;) If this all happened in one day that isn't bad. People really do get to hyped about what is right and wrong. Unless you are a clan like Winter was who spoke the word of peace, then it is free game for you to attack as much as you want, hopefully knowing that people will try and counter you in the end, but hitting the heck out of a few people can be a good strat to use. Just putting my two sense in.

Swift

Just pointing out how earlier in this topic people had deemed them to be friendly and I was just pointing out how aggresive they seem to me.

EmpNero

nero finds that this would be a good time to grab a phrase he stated earlier in this topic.  nero feels that it might clear up the attacking question
Quotethis is where you must look at the individaul members/emporers of rome..
each has their own style..
to each their own.  we may be unified under a clan name and horde titles, yet we each have individuality, as each of the roman emperors did..  nero was completly insane in his later life, and he forced the citicens of rome to come and listen to him sing.  many men were reported to have faked death to get out and atleast one woman gave birth during a concert...  noone was allowed to leave.
which would you rather be, attacked or senernaded?
A Deranged Emperor of Rome?
Formerly of the clan Rome

The Lady Shael

Just because Marcus made several attacks doesn't mean the entire clan is aggressive. Hmf, I'VE made more attacks than that. Last era that is, I'm still in protection.

And Nero has a point. They all have their own personality. Maybe it isn't very evident on the game, but they've all posted on the forums, and you can see what they're like. And he has another point- you probably don't want to hear him sing.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Commodus

Twenty-nine attacks my dear friend, are nothing in the relative scheme of things. Not only were these attacks spread around a variety of members, they were neither malicious in intent or action.

"Unjustified?"
He attacked the best land sources, he's a talented player with a unique style of play. Obviously as you leave protection your attack rate will be higher than your defensive rate.

Thanks Shael!

Checkerpaw

Quote from: QuamicauzilotNero should at least remember to capitalize his own name if Nero is going to refer to himself in the third person.
I believe an appropiate expression to use here would be touche!

:lol:  
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Trajan

Quote from: DomitianDead Eye, how about you shut your mouth! And I think us Romans are better then your "oldbies" We after all, show our names. Most of you hid and never say your names in game. ~cough Dead Eye cough~ The orginal Romans were hostile, I mean, their orgin was from two twin brothers who were raised by the wolves. After founding Rome the two brothers fought, and one ended up killing the other by hiting him over the head with a rock. That is how the first king of Rome was crowned. By killing his twin brother with a rock. We are violent, but each to his own.
Actually, Romulus killed Remulus with an axe, not a stone. And that doesn't have historical backing.  

Ashyra Nightwing

This Rome thing is... odd. I reckon they're all experienced players under different names.. I'm pretty sure Peace is one of them... (look at the url for his avatar) maybe windy too, but I'm not sure about that... avatars can give away lots, you know.
Yes, Nero likes Pok?mon. So do I. Therefore, I like Nero.

Gen. Volkov

Uh Trajan.. that point has already been made... several times....
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Beatles

Actually, you're both wrong. He was called 'Remus', not 'Remulus'. So there! :P

Gen. Volkov

I never said anything about the names.. so how can I be wrong.. I just noticed the Remulus Beatles... I shoulda caught it myself.. *Smacks himself* And you call yourself a history buff..
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Dang! I wanted to report the Remulus thing. By the way have anyone of you Emperors ever taken Latin? It would be a nice touch if you guys did.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Constantine

I am relatively sure that Marcus Aurelius knows some latin, but I'm not positive.
The leader of the Holy Roman Empire.

user posted image

The Lady Shael

*nod* I thought it was rather neat that you all are going by the Roman history and myths...I know a little Latin, if that helps...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.