Cities

Started by Badrang the Tyrant, November 01, 2003, 09:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badrang the Tyrant

I'm wondering if I should build one.  But, I don't know if you lose the troops, money, food, and other things that go into them...

Constantine

They are expensive, and useless. Only if you are very rich in land and troops should you indulge in one. You can steal them via leaders easily, too...
The leader of the Holy Roman Empire.

user posted image

Ashyra Nightwing

So... cities are just useless? I've always wondered what they did..

Juska

Cities are not useless, it depends on your strategy. An Indy shouldn't waste the rescources to build them, but cashers benefit hugely  because they give you tents which bring in peasents to tax to death along with camps to lower prices on the BM and cashers should only buy off the BM and never make troops themselves.Besides when you build them it is like getting 1000 free land that is very had to get taken away if you defend them right. I voted no though because I haven't built one yet and I am an Indy.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

fingo

Cities are 1,000 acres which act like 1,500 Tents and 500 Camps.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Orcrist

Yea, but I mean, unless you're using a strategy that is based on markets to gain money, I mean, the extra workers can be stolen through enslave, the cities can be stolen via leaders, and your money can be stolen.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Badrang the Tyrant

I was wondering if you lost the troops that you need to get them...

Aqualis

Haha, I found a computer. I think I like this hotel.  :D

I don't build them, partially due to the fact that I am on vacation, but even so, I don't think that I would build one anyways because I don't use any of those buildings anyways (unless I'm just messing around one month on turbo). I would advise against building them unless you rely on workers for money (and if you do, I suggest changing strats).
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Badrang the Tyrant

I really never used Workers, or even cared about them.  But, sometimes they are useful... :unsure:  

The Beatles

I never use tents and camps anyways, and try to scare workers away (they eat a lot), so, a city's quite useless for me. An extra 1k acres that just eats.

Ashyra Nightwing

Workers eat a lot? I never knew that...

Yiss... I've never bothered with workers... They don't go well with skiffs... *nods*

Gen. Volkov

By Deus.. you mean I'm the only person her that uses workers cause they give you money and add to your networth??? Well, I don't really care about the adding to networth... but they give you money!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Badrang the Tyrant

Ok.  I built a City, and it sucks.  Don't ever build one, EVER... <_<  

Gen. Volkov

Well, thanks for telling us... now I know I was right in not building one. *Plots to take Badrangs city* (Hehe.. I love doing stuff like that... weird posts i mean)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Badrang the Tyrant

You can't my lovely city!  I love My City #1!  (I forgot to name it..)