Turbo Beta

Started by The Lady Shael, June 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWow haha, I love Sharptooh's random rants.

Me too actually... you are definitely not the only one whom Sevz gets on the nerves of.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

I missed the rant but i'm deleting from redwall.
Your account has been marked for deletion. Thanks for playing!

As a personal message to you Shadow. You know this is Beta. The admin request our help. Yesterday we established a bug with Sack and today you have the respect to max me with sacks knowing it's 10x as powerful as it should be. Thanks for showing how much of a scumbag you are. After 2 weeks of perfect banking you took 45% of everything in 1 day of code abuse.

*punches shadow in the face 2times*. 1 from me 1 from sama. fuk u
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

I didn't sack you again until after it was reduced more than a day ago. If it is still too high, we can fix that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

so you say this is fair? you killed half my sh!t. who put you in charge of fixing things? your a fuken n00b
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

So I don't have to put up with this invective. you are gagged indefinitely. Another admin can ungag you when they feel they need to.

Shadow
Modding.

If sack is too big, you could just point it out and suggest a way to improve it.

Peace Alliance

Ya, thats kinda the point of beta, sevs. He wouldn't have known how much cash you had, for all he knew he was taking a small % of your total.

Besides, it would have been somewhere around 30% of your cash if we still only had 21 attacks. Changing the max attacks was your suggestion.

So yeah, 30% of your cash in 1 run is probably too powerful, a small reduction and we'd be at 15-20%. Something more reasonable... Except when you consider that the steal spell allows you to steal 90% of someone's cash in far fewer turns... Thats the power you have against an indy. Especially useful when you find him online. So maybe it isn't all that unbalanced... A few tweaks here and there and it will be fine. You are out of place to assume this was a malicious attack by shadow. You are paranoid to think that he cares that much about your ego... You're the only one who cares about your ego.

The more i think about it, the more it appears you've made a big issue out of something small. Consider if this beta test were separate from turbo (perhaps it was my mistake for replacing a turbo round with beta. I wanted to give it a real trial and thought people were going to be mature about this), would you be upset if somebody over-attacked you? Of course not, you're all TESTERS, trying to make the game better.

Lets all take a deep breath, and then shut the heck up.

Shadow

I did not take 45% of his resources. Not in 31 attacks. Sack is barely more powerful than it was before, and even now it is only more powerful is you have less than 1 leader per land. At more than 1 leader per land, sack is weaker than it was before.

If sack were still 10x overpowered when I sacked you, you would have lost 80% in one run. Since you didn't, my sacking happened after shael fixed it.

I have tested the new sack against several peeople who I know their cash totals, I was taking 0.45% of his cah per hit. In 31 attacks, I took at most 15% of his resources. It is possible that he logged in after more than one round of sacking and lost a lot of resources that way. But it did not happen all at once as he is implying.

The higher than normal sack amounts in a run are due to raising the attack limit to 31 (which I think it a mistake anyway). Go back to 21, and nobody will be able to take more than 10% of your resources in a run with sack. End of discussion.

Shadow

Thoughts on the 31 attack limit? I think it's too much, as it is much harder to run leader strategies like this, and we have already given the indies quite a bit.

Twilight Shadow

31 is too much.  How about a total of what it is and if maxed people can get two attacks on the person if they have not attacked them in the past 24 hours?( Yes it would be hard to code)

Gen. Volkov

I think it should be reduced to 26.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Twilight Shadow

Thats a reasonable amount but an error in the last turbo said they were maxed out on their profile page or warlord info page said they were maxed because of the increase in attacks and was left to say maxed for the  lower number yet they still could be attack but yeh 26 is acceptable