Suggestion

Started by Juska, November 01, 2003, 10:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

It seems that alot of people are just massing huge amounts of food. I propose to drop the worth of food from $3/50 to $2/50 or even $1.5/50 so that more people will fight for networth instead of feasting for 300 turns. QM Promisance did this to stop the exact same problem.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Wolf Snare

that is exactly what this game needs.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Ashyra Nightwing

NOO! That's already happened before... Food's value has been cut to a third of the original value, methinks..
If food is worth any less, I can't do my HPR strat! Well, I suppose I could..

Nohcnonk

No, they should cut the value again, it's kinda pointless to see who is the best player by how much food the can mass...

Dilf

i think you should decrease the value it gives to networth
but increase the BM/PM prices a bit more
e.e
buy from BM at 30
but sell on teh BM for 18
this would introduce a new strategy - the Farmer...
which (in normal gaming turns) is called "Gremlin"

just a thought

Holby

*Nods* I did that, then didn't know what to do with the money I bought, lol.
can't find anything effective to increase net drastically, either.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Uh... attacking always works well for me.... find guy with the most land, and break him.. then build bunches of guard towers...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

fingo

I think food ok as it is. If someone masses food you just poison it.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Peace Alliance

Can't poison it if its on the market untill seonds before the reset

Gen. Volkov

Doesn't food generally get sold on the market? Whenever I put food there.. it gets sold.. and I get mulah... which is nice.. but then I don't need somewhere to keep my food..
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

fingo

You can put food on the market at a high price so no one buys it. If someone did buy it you would get more then it's worth.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Riverpaw

Quote from: fingoYou can put food on the market at a high price so no one buys it. If someone did buy it you would get more then it's worth.
Except they buy it anyways...  :rolleyes:  What's the max price anyways?
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah.. I always put it there and people by even at my high prices...

Holby

Quote from: Gen. VolkovUh... attacking always works well for me.... find guy with the most land, and break him.. then build bunches of guard towers...
I'm talking about WC Promisance, not RWL.

Food does not get bought on the market if you make the price high. Max is $25 or at least, was. If your food gets bought, you can buy it back in double.
But it rarely does at high prices.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Oh.. nevermind then.... the max in RWL is still 25.. these games aren't that different...