Squire & Knight negotiations

Started by wolf bite, April 24, 2011, 12:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Squire & Knight negotiations

*Sets at the end of the grand table. Clears voice.*

We may disagree as to the cause of this war. But let us put that aside for the moment. The arena of Turbo and Reg are not the same. Beasts often confuse the 2. Reg is a place that not only requires skill, but also diplomacy, strategy and tactics.

We feel that when there are actions of war against us we can draw a line as to what will cause us to go to war. That we should, and did, give plenty of warning, and that was ignored. We cannot sit by being mistreated and not defend ourselves.

It may be commonplace to after a big land grab to do a sack or two in order to make up for operating expenses if the attacker is broke. However, attacking and taking us to low land for reasons of purely stealing our resources to use those resources against us is not something we will stand for. I would rather use all our resources up to destroy yours, then to have you or someone else walk away with them.

We would rather see your members join back into your clan and things go back to how they were before. From what I understand, this war has cost you dearly and to make up for your losses you are now letting your members sack the neutral Woof clan. They may not hold their members back from doing some types of damage as we have held back ours.

Peace is only a few words away. We don't ask for an apology or admission of guilt. We ask merely that you cease acts of war such as leader missions and sacks against our clan. That you take action against any member of your clan that does not follow these simple rules. That you don't aid or assist others who do these actions to us. That if any of our clan does such actions against your clan that you notified our management so we can deal with it internally.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Briar

Speaking for Knight:

Seeming that it would appear I am the only active member on both forums and in reg, I'll take up these negotiations.  I would ask for your patience until the game is back up.  I have been absent for the last few days, and much has seemingly occurred in that time period.

Once the damages have been assessed and it will be clearer what course of action Knight would like to take.

---
Briar
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

I do not pretend to represent woof or volk, but Sevz is at oods with us. If he rejoins Knight, I'm guessing Knight will suffer. Just putting it out there.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

If Sevz decides to rejoin Knight, he will be welcome. Just putting it out there.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

wolf bite

Maybe you should wait to make any decisions until the game come back up. You have 3 members left, none with over 100 mil net and none in the top ten.

Just putting it out there.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Briar

Sorry. My post toward Firetooth was that the clan isn't going to take the advise of non-clan forum members towards membership.  We reserve the right to allow anyone we please to be in our clan (which is pretty much anyone who wants to join).

Yes, ya'll don't like the way Sevz plays. I'm pretty neutral on the subject.  But he has skills that the clan can use, thus we utilize him.

I'll try and wait to speak anymore on the subject until I've seen Reg.

wolf bite

The point about Sevz was that he made a kill run from your clan against us. Then he jumped out of your clan to hide from retaliatory strikes. If his intent is to rejoin your clan to continue action against us, that would not be obviously acceptable. Squire has no problem if he rejoins and and is not still waring. Woof may or may not feel different, but that is not for me to deal with.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Briar

And your definition of "waring" would be no more leader suicides and kill attempts? As well as over sacking?

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on April 24, 2011, 03:00:59 PM
Sorry. My post toward Firetooth was that the clan isn't going to take the advise of non-clan forum members towards membership.  We reserve the right to allow anyone we please to be in our clan (which is pretty much anyone who wants to join).

Yes, ya'll don't like the way Sevz plays. I'm pretty neutral on the subject.  But he has skills that the clan can use, thus we utilize him.

I'll try and wait to speak anymore on the subject until I've seen Reg.
I don't represent Woof or Squire, but if Sevz rejoins Knight, chances are he'll effectively usurp control again and put you guys into a war which you have no chance of winning. Don't deny Sevz stole control, TS and Balto tried doing a Kill run on his behest, and Night Wolf admitted he had no control over his clan. You were also absent during this period.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

"Stole control"? hm. I wouldn't say he "stole" it.

NW created the clan, but reported on clan forums that, due to limited internet access and his new job, he would be absent for most of the game. So we considered him more of a figure head. It was also less complicated to keep him on paper as leader than disband and create an entirely new group with an entirely new leader.

TS is hot headed in general, and prefers a warring server than a peaceful one.  A mere suggestion of killing someone and he'll be right on board.

Yes, I was absent during all of this so I'm basing much on forum discussion and PM.

Sevz is/was the most experienced player in the clan.  With code questions, we go to him.  He makes suggestions in forums and if no one has a better idea, we go for it, because clan play, impo, is better when ther is at least SOME plan in place, however violent.  I've always found the game far more interesting when he's stirring up trouble.

If you look at the reg clan history of Knight, (minus Sevz and Vargrath), most of us have participated in mercenary clans. So killing and sacking is what we know and love (however n00bish the action). ^_^

Shadow

Wars are a lot of fun, but killing is not, IMHO. War is healthy for the game, keeps it interesting. Kills just waste resources on both sides and generally end up with both sides so decimated that the rest of the game is winning just by existing in neutrality.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on April 24, 2011, 04:04:40 PM
"Stole control"? hm. I wouldn't say he "stole" it.

NW created the clan, but reported on clan forums that, due to limited internet access and his new job, he would be absent for most of the game. So we considered him more of a figure head. It was also less complicated to keep him on paper as leader than disband and create an entirely new group with an entirely new leader.

TS is hot headed in general, and prefers a warring server than a peaceful one.  A mere suggestion of killing someone and he'll be right on board.

Yes, I was absent during all of this so I'm basing much on forum discussion and PM.

Sevz is/was the most experienced player in the clan.  With code questions, we go to him.  He makes suggestions in forums and if no one has a better idea, we go for it, because clan play, impo, is better when ther is at least SOME plan in place, however violent.  I've always found the game far more interesting when he's stirring up trouble.

If you look at the reg clan history of Knight, (minus Sevz and Vargrath), most of us have participated in mercenary clans. So killing and sacking is what we know and love (however n00bish the action). ^_^
You didn't disprove that Sevz stole control. I didn't say he always had control, just that he used the war as an excuse to gain it. Seeing as he led the failed Knight offensive, I'd say he counts as leader.

I agree though, without some action, reg is dull.

Briar

Quote from: Shadow on April 24, 2011, 04:07:28 PM
Wars are a lot of fun, but killing is not, IMHO. War is healthy for the game, keeps it interesting. Kills just waste resources on both sides and generally end up with both sides so decimated that the rest of the game is winning just by existing in neutrality.

I agree. Kills are a waste. Now hitting to low land is not.

So where is the line between a perceived "failed kill" and just an action to try to cripple your opponent?
Quote from: Firetooth on April 24, 2011, 04:11:12 PM
I didn't say he always had control, just that he used the war as an excuse to gain it. 

Alright. I'll agree with you  for that course of action, Sevz was the lead.

Holby

There were 2 kill run attempts on me. Both times, I logged on at less than a hundred acres.

That's not hitting to low land.

The problem with this discussion is that we've been entirely too reasonable in offering peace.

We only ask courtesy, in not being killed, sacked, or murdered.

You're quite happy to debate those points.

Were we behaving in a way similar to yours, we would demand remuneration in the form of a lump payment of food and cash, a public apology, and a guarantee that members who attempted kill runs aren't permitted back in the clan.

I'd say it's wise to accept the very reasonable terms wolf bite has offered, without making a show of flexing your leadership muscles.

Otherwise, we're back to square one, and that doesn't look very promising for Knight.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

It is generally fairly obvious what a failed kill looks like, I think.

I am all for takedowns, murders, sacks, etc. These things are all great fun to try to pull off. Just not kills. But I will defer negotiations to others.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..