Five Nights At Freddys

Started by Krowdon, November 10, 2014, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I want the demo for the second game BUT my PC is at home I only have a mac.

I did suffer throught the markiplier play through though and the game seems fun.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Durza

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

windhound

Just so you know, as long as it's an Intel mac (anything later than 2006) you can install Windows on it very easily and dual boot (just reboot the computer to switch between OS X and Windows).  Apple even included a program specifically to guide you through the installation. 

If you're a college student (iirc?) stop by the campus bookstore, seems like most of them have a hefty discount on Microsoft products.

/shrug
But yeah, not much in to horror games...  or movies for that matter. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Krowdon

My roommate lets me play on her computer.

I'm in it more for the plot than the horror aspect, I like the concept more than anything.

I do enjoy horror but FNAF is mostly jump scares. So it's not bad.

It's more stressful than anything trying to keep track of all the animatronics (theres twice the amount of animatronics in the second one. )

It's fun.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on November 11, 2014, 09:40:50 PM
Just so you know, as long as it's an Intel mac (anything later than 2006) you can install Windows on it very easily and dual boot (just reboot the computer to switch between OS X and Windows).  Apple even included a program specifically to guide you through the installation. 

If you're a college student (iirc?) stop by the campus bookstore, seems like most of them have a hefty discount on Microsoft products.

/shrug
But yeah, not much in to horror games...  or movies for that matter.

How would you partition the Hard Drive? I assume that Windows takes the whole thing (I think Microsoft's attitude is you won't want another OS on your machine).

Not sure how it could be achieved through a program running on OSX - don't you need to reboot and go into the installer to do something like this?

windhound

Apple's setup tool handles it all for you, it creates a partition and you just point Windows at it.  It's pretty brain dead simple, as most of Apple's software tools are.

I think Windows is slightly less hostile to co-habitation than it once was, I remember battling with Fedora Core 4 and Win XP...  Windows first, then Fedora so Windows couldn't overwrite Grub and screw with my partitions. 

Not entirely sure how they manage the bootloader, but it's Apple hardware so they're probably anticipating the changes Windows wants to make and just ignoring them.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't