Does anyone know how

Started by Menatus, October 29, 2003, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

Like Tania or Menatus?

It's men-AHT-us, and TAHN-yuh (NOT tuh-nee-uh or whatever) Tahn rhyming with...won-ton...or....quan...or...don...or uhh...non.

On a more important note - a squirrel that nobody likes!

Gen. Volkov

I like the squirrel! It looks evil! Evil squirrels rock!!! I knew how to pronounce your names...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Beatles

Considering it is originally a Russian name and I grew up in Eastern Europe... yes, I know how to pronounce and spell your name, the 'correct' way. :D
The way Russians say it is T?h-NYA.
T?h not rhyming with anything in the English language to the best of my knowledge..

Menatus

I am Russian, I know how they say it. :)

But I'm Amercian, therefore I Americanify(butcher) it.  

The Beatles

I must agree with your synonym for 'americanise'!
I'll get on AIM now... you seem to be on... but unfortunately I can't block on Express, so watch out, you. You know who you are.
[edit] Now those I wish to avoid are bombarding me. <.<

Gen. Volkov

I agree too... I'm Polish myself... it helped to figure out the correct way to say it... Polish people rock! Then they are flattened! j/k refering to most wars poles participate in...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Riverpaw

Tania is just plain Tania, and I really see no difference in how it's pronounced in various spots. As for Menatus, I got it right when I first saw your name, so go me!
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

The Lady Shael

Heh, I got them both right. At first I think I pronounced Menatus wrong, but after I started taking Latin I began pronouncing it differently.

But does anyone pronounce MY name right? It's not 'Shile', which would be a Latin pronounciation. And it's not 'Shale'. Or 'Sheal'. It's 'Shay-el'. Two syllables, but don't make it sound like two distinct syllables.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Dixie Ros?

Opps. I always said Shaal.
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Menatus

I always say Shay-el. Which is probably how most people say it.

But how you say TANIA is important because it's my real name. If one of my IRL friends called me "tah-nee-uh" or "TAWN-yuh" i'd get mad.

Ruatine

*raises her eyebrow*

Does anyone remember how to pronounce Teufel? I've said it before.... (Hint: It's German.)
Also, does anyone know how to pronounce my "goodbeast" name, Ruatine. (Hint: It's a combination of two Irish Gaelic words. You get a cookie if you can tell me what the two words mean.)

I've always pronounced Tania, Menatus, and Shael correctly. *shrugs* Doesn't seem to hard to me.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Guthorm Swordmaster

Ive pronounced everyones name right,so far

Jedi!?

Thats almost as bad as my last name. Nobody can get it right from the text. Duchesne.  Guess. (well I think make can get it but he's my brother... LOL)
~Joseph
Jedi!? Lord of the Jedi Horde

~WOD~
Proud member of TBOAV: Return the strength of old!

Riverpaw

Quote from: The Lady ShaelBut does anyone pronounce MY name right? It's not 'Shile', which would be a Latin pronounciation. And it's not 'Shale'. Or 'Sheal'. It's 'Shay-el'. Two syllables, but don't make it sound like two distinct syllables.
Yup, on the first try!  ^_^
I am back. First to notice gets a cookie...

*ten years later*

Oh.

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h