Multiple forum accounts

Started by wolf bite, December 05, 2008, 01:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Multiple forum accounts

We allow people to have more than one forum account, sometimes people want to hide who they are for a conversation or other reasons, and this is all fine. We only call it spam when all someone's accounts have a conversation with themselves and waste space. Hehe.

Lately we have been attacked by robot spammers making fake accounts. Last month we had over 10 "members" join each day, normally we have 10 REAL members join a month. Your staff has been fighting off these robots with sticks and stones. One of the things we are doing is banning the IPs of robots with more than one account that we do not recognize. We do not want to accidentally ban a real member. Be careful in any multiple accounts you may start as to the name you pick.

If the IP goes to an established member (ie: windy) then we will overlook it. If the multiple account has a Redwall type name or a normal screen name (ie: Fire-rat, mightyfighter, johnSmith, etc) we will not disable the Ip of those accounts. Please do not start any multiple accounts with names such as (salkfhashf, or xsdutlfh, or ftyhsaiofh). Doing so may accidentally get your account(s) banned without warning.

Thank you,

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Briar

If sticks and stones don't work, I hear shade has a new puppy who would make a great attack dog. :)

Seriously though, thanks for the warning.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

This reminds me of Freddy Mercury. Great guy. Wonder what happened to him? Guess he lost intrest. :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.