A Warning

Started by Shadow, August 20, 2008, 11:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I am absolutely embarrassed to mention the old Shade feud on forums, and I promise everyone this will be my only post in this thread about it. Shade (The Masked Lord (#8)) has threatened to kill or ruin newbies in my name, and I feel I should give everyone a headsup. I suggest anyone who is clanned build a city - there is no way to take them this round so you'd be safe from kills at least. Here is the relevent bit of the conversation, in reverse order:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:32:46 -0600
Feel free. Nobody is going to blame me for something you do out of spite. Absolutely pathetic.

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:31:25 -0600
The revealing of my name will interfere with a carefully laid plan this round, now, thanks to your message, that plan is ruined anyways, and so my demands change, for every day you do not join a clan, I will either kill or ruin a new player, I am also going to make it well known that it is your fault

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:27:46 -0600
Lol, Armada has a few decent players from FAF in it, I doubt you'd win a war with them. They have been alerted as to your plan.

This feud will end when you stop annoying me. I will take no action against you, only reveal your name. If that annoys you, you shouldn't have tried involving me in your plans again.

I have made this clear and I will do so again. I want no contact with you. I am not interested in working with you in any way. I accept your truce insofar as I have nothing to do with you - if you leave me alone, in every respect, you have your truce.

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:24:29 -0600
It won't. However, I know that you don't want to see those newbies go at least as Much as myself, and I will also be making my actions well known, as well as the fact that all you would have to do is a few simple clicks to stop me, making part of responsibility for their deaths yours.

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:21:55 -0600
How will that solve your problem?

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:20:18 -0600
Mmm, games, I like games too, here's a good one, how about: for every day it remains in your sig, my partners and I kill a newbie in the armada training clan. Yes, knowing that we will likely drive them away from the game entirely, sound like fun?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I appologize that this feud is even being mentioned again. I just think that anyone who might be in danger because of this petty grudge should be warned.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shade

This topic is for the discussion of Shadow's other topic at http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=9706.msg150620#new  Unfortunately he deemed it necessary to lock that topic, effectively denying me any chance of defending myself unless I made a new topic, if we can get the original unlocked, I will ask an admin to merge.

As with most things that Shadow posts that begin with the line 'Here's the relevant part' he has conveniently left out the parts that build up to and in some cases justify my various threats, as well as the lengthy conversation in which I try to convince him through other means, after all, that wouldn't do quite as well of a job painting me in a negative light, would it?

Not that he really needs alot of help there, I'm going to start off by making it clear that I do not believe what I threatened to do (Killing or otherwise injuring new players) is a fair punishment for what he did (Breaking a much needed truce, but I'll get into that in a moment) in fact, it doesn't even directly effect him. However, I have reason to believe that it will bring about the effect I want when nothing else will, and don't think I didn't try to solve this through less extreme methods first.

Essentially, after much bickering and many rounds of dirty fighting, we agreed to a truce, neither of us would bother the other. Earlier today I began sending some random messages to promising players looking for fresh alliances, unknowingly in this process I bumbed into Shadow's account, which was under an alias. Based on the wording of my messages as we entered into a conversation, he guessed at my indentity, and decided that this accident was a breaking of our truce, and further believed that I was attempting to draw him into one of my plans, for this reason he placed my true identity in his signature for anyone to see.

Now learning who he was in turn, I told him it was a simple mistake that caused me to contact him, but he called this 'whining' and refused to remove the signature, despite anything I would say, and further threatened to send it in a pm to every player. This and his signature would foil a little something I had been planning, and so I resorted to the threat that he posted in his topic, which in turn caused him to send a message to the threatened clans, effectively ruining any hope for my plan.

This, as I view it, was a legitimate breaking of our truce, based on an accidental message he knowingly interfered with my gameplay. I demanded that he join a clan so I could fight him head to head, as this is a no leader round and he is not clanned, it would be almost impossible for me to damage him effectively were he not clanned. He refused, I told him I would kill new players until such a time as he clanned so we could settle this, he still refuses to take any responsibility for his action or for the fact that his opponent is going to be attacking innocent bystanders all because he was too stubborn to to remove a message or clan. (which to my thinking is somewhat cowardly, although I really can't say much on it, as attacking new players is not exactly going to be a display of honor)

Again I point out that these things do not justify what I plan to do, I know I'm going below the belt, but I fight dirty, I always have, you all know this about me. I simply wanted to make sure that it is well known that I am not the person who restarted the feud, and that I did not threaten new players for no reason, nor did I immediately stoop to such lows without first exhausting any other options.

I also apologize for the length of this post, once I get going I'm hard to stop, and as I post so rarely I like to make sure that they include everything I want to cover.

~Shade

Scarwake

Topic Unlocked.  No reason for it to be locked as of now and is open for discussion.

-Response post by Shade has been merged with this topic.

~Scarwake
~Mod Duties
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Shadow

Let me make it clear that I neither intend to join a clan nor to fight you, regardless of what you do. I finished that ages ago. Any kills you do are done with the full knowledge that they will achieve nothing.

Anyone who wants to talk about this can contct me on msn at munchkin4@hotmail.com. The forums have had enough clutter from this feud. I will relock tihs topic in 12 hours after giving anyone who cares (and i doubt there are any) a chance to post...
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shade

Martin The Warrior (#17) of the DAB clan has paid the price for Shadow today.

Kill number one.

Firetooth

Tri-Wizard Champion (#5)
Networth $51,379,051
Land 21,657 Acres
Race Rat
Location Southsward
Clan POWER
Rank 13
Attack? Maxed
Defenses 319 (3%)
Attacks 357 (88%)
Kills 1
Warlords Killed Martin The Warrior (#17)

Land Gained in Attacks 249,667
Land Lost in Attacks 237,160
Created On August 15, 2008

DISGUSTING!

There are HORDES OF LOYAL FIRETOOTHS.

This is my ally.
You are slime shade.
You are so poor at playing you bully noobs-the only people less talented then you-which is bad considering you've been playing, what, 3 years? pleh, you can't play, what's your net? 10mil? Great work, Martin was only playing to muck around. You should be banned if you want to drive noobs away, but I doubt anything will happen.
If you want to kill noobs go play valhall or get out of my FACE!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shade

I'm not particularly pleased with the result either, but the ball is in Shadow's court now. For all of his talk of wanting me to clan so he could finally teach me a lesson, here I am, clanned, alone, with no one to kick me, robbed of my leadering, more vulnerable than he could possibly hope to find me in a normal round. And yet he is willing to let me kill innocent bystanders rather than simply finish what he started.

--By the way, thanks for for lowering my net with all those attacks, sending Martin troops until he was high enough for me attack, even under war, was a pain.

Firetooth

No, Shadow merely has the pride to not back down to slime like you. ^-^
Kill noobs all you want you wont get better at this game
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shade

Ah, but pride is a sin, dear boy. I must educate him, then.

And I have no real desire to become better, my skills are sufficient enough to do pretty much anything I want, your claims that I am little above the level of a new player will not provoke me, try again.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 21, 2008, 12:11:56 PM
Tri-Wizard Champion (#5)
Networth $51,379,051
Land 21,657 Acres
Race Rat
Location Southsward
Clan POWER
Rank 13
Attack? Maxed
Defenses 319 (3%)
Attacks 357 (88%)
Kills 1

DISGUSTING!

And all of them are cruddy players.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shade

Well, that goes without saying, look at their namesake. However, they are not quite new enough for my tastes, thus they are safe, for now.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 21, 2008, 01:10:04 PM
Tri-Wizard Champion (#5)
Networth $51,379,051
Land 21,657 Acres
Race Rat
Location Southsward
Clan POWER
Rank 13
Attack? Maxed
Defenses 319 (3%)
Attacks 357 (88%)
Kills 1

DISGUSTING!

Having a lot of Firetooth's is scary and annoying but you cna hardly call them cruddy if one is in first place by over 100 mil net and another is in fourth place.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Sharptooh on August 21, 2008, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 21, 2008, 01:10:04 PM
Tri-Wizard Champion (#5)
Networth $51,379,051
Land 21,657 Acres
Race Rat
Location Southsward
Clan POWER
Rank 13
Attack? Maxed
Defenses 319 (3%)
Attacks 357 (88%)
Kills 1

DISGUSTING!

Having a lot of Firetooth's is scary and annoying but you cna hardly call them cruddy if one is in first place by over 100 mil net and another is in fourth place.

Having a lot of Firetooths is more sad and contemptable than scary and annoying.

It's pretty sad that with all those Firetooths (presumably helping each other out) you can only manage two in the top ten.  And the one in first won't be there for very long.

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Firetooth

Pleh us Firetooths are owning you
You even asked to join my turbo clan checker  :P
Face it we've got this in the bag Im gonna make sure we get first and second, we can still win this even if the guy in first dies of inactivity  :)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on August 21, 2008, 02:46:34 PM
Pleh us Firetooths are owning you
You even asked to join my turbo clan checker  :P
Face it we've got this in the bag Im gonna make sure we get first and second, we can still win this even if the guy in first dies of inactivity  :)

It wasn't a serious request.  And you're hardly owning anybody.