Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the president going to be?

Rick Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Mitt Rommney
Barrack Obama
Other

Gen. Volkov

I wish I was just looking at extremes Neo. He wants to sell off our National Parks and eliminate the Department of the Interior as part of his plan to balance the budget.  It's literally part of his platform. These are not weird statements he has made that don't really apply to his main points, they are important planks in his platform. For the record, the Department of the Interior is 163 years old, and the idea for it was supported by almost all the founders of the country.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

I guess you could say that it wasn't originally created as a ponzi scheme, but it was certainly used as such. Either way, he people who cashed out at the right time made a whole lot of money and the currency is now near-worthless.  :P

also ron paul named his kid after ayn rand

Neobaron

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on February 20, 2012, 04:42:15 PM
I guess you could say that it wasn't originally created as a ponzi scheme, but it was certainly used as such. Either way, he people who cashed out at the right time made a whole lot of money and the currency is now near-worthless.  :P

Thats a better way to put it. BitCoin was originally a beautiful idea for open source digital currency. It was manipulated by people. People being people.

It is now "worthless" as compared to what it was at the peak of speculation, but more importantly, it is stable meaning that it has maintained at least some of its value and still has promise for the future.

I would love to see it succeed.

---

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 20, 2012, 04:41:25 PM
I wish I was Neo. He wants to sell off our National Parks and eliminate the Department of the Interior as part of his plan to balance the budget.  It's literally part of his platform. These are not weird statements he has made that don't really apply to his main points, they are important planks in his platform. For the record, the Department of the Interior is 163 years old, and the idea for it was supported by almost all the founders of the country.

The age of a thing/person/noun/whatever does not validate it.

Generally speaking, the older an institution gets, the more broken and corrupt it becomes.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe age of a thing/person/noun/whatever does not validate it.

My point was that it's been around for a long time, and has carried out it's mandate that whole time, so he better have a darn good reason for getting rid of it. Far as I can tell, he doesn't other than the fact that he doesn't like the government owning land.

QuoteGenerally speaking, the older an institution gets, the more broken and corrupt it becomes.

Only if that institution wields a lot of power. The Department of the Interior is not a major power-broker in Washington.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Durza

Another factor in who will be elected as persident will be the economy, and how well it recovers.  Obama has a chance based on how the recovery is going, as long as the economy gets better.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

abartell

wow you guys are really starting to boor meand i made the topic thats sad.
I'm really a squirrel but don't tell any one

Genevieve

Quote from: abartell on February 20, 2012, 08:45:57 PM
wow you guys are really starting to boor meand i made the topic thats sad.

... why would you make a topic about something you're not interested in?

abartell

no i mean its important and i am interested, its just that you guys are just getting waaaaay down deep into the really technical stuff.

Neobaron

The "way down deep technical stuff" otherwise known as the actual reasons why or why not to vote for someone are kind of important.

Peace Alliance

@abartell

It's the kind of stuff you'll need to know when you are older. By the time you start voting you should make sure that you are reading entire news articles every day (to some that sounds way too basic, but you'd be surprised how few get beyond the headlines unless the news has to do with a celeb)

Neobaron

Research is important too.

Helps you find things like this which give you a glimpse into the reality of the candidates.

In the case of this article, reading about how rick santorum took a fetus home for his kids to interact/play with is pretty disgusting.

Peace Alliance

Not to mention the rest of the article.

abartell

i understand i need to know this when i'm 18 and older but i am not but i still feel the need to know i started this topic just sorta to see some of the reactions popping up and some of the opinions.

Shadow

It helps to start learning before you are 18, that way you can go in with an informed opinion.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

abartell