Movies to watch!

Started by Alazar is Back, April 04, 2007, 02:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

on my list of movies to watch is

1.both van wilder movies
             2. the hills have eyes

any others that i should see??? btw go see the movie 300 its friggin awesome!!!  8-)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Wolf Snare

Aye, wake recommended I see 300 right after him and his dad ambushed me online the other day.. I take it theres some well planned out attack maneuvers. If I can recommend you watch a movie, it'd have to be The Protector. That movie will have you learning muay thai and buying an elephant. TONY JAA FTW!!
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

ok, and another good one is crank that movie is sweet plus its kinda funny, especially when he gets it on in chinatown :-P

Aqualis

Serenity
Ong Bak
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Obviously, that's not a complete list.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Peace Alliance

The hills have eyes looks sooooo dumb.

300 was absolutely stunning! despite the blatant war mongering propaganda and idiotic underlining theme of "freedom" (why do they throw "freedom" into every single friggin american movie? Seriously! It's annoying!)... not to mention the homophobic comments oddly blended with a LOT of naked man-chests... (oh man, crazy drunk prophet girl scene was amazing!)

Despite those downsides, it was an astounding movie! The fight scenes were truly amazing. The soundtrack was VERY exciting and there were some very new and original sounds blended in the the regular 'ol "epic" music texture. And visually it leaves your jaw open! If you took any frame from that movie and posted it on Deviantart, everyone would say "holy smokes, best picture ever". it was VERY dramatic!

zack harmon

my list of movies to watch is:
1. ghost rider it looks so good.
2. 300 my friend said it was a good movie. 
I've seen three Barbarians rush into 400  enemies unarmed and i have seen some crazy people to.

kell

ok 300 has just hit the cinemas over here i may go see it as your all raving about it  :-D
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Gen. Volkov

If you haven't seen the movie, don't read any further, lots of spoilers, and I don't want to sour your impressions before you see it.

I disliked 300, but that is because A) I am a history minor and that movie is so unhistorical it made my brain bleed, B) I didn't like all the political garbage they threw in. Especially the crud about freedom, I mean Sparta was a dictatorial monarchy founded on slave ownership for chrissakes. Finally C) They did so many physically impossible things with their weapons I was ready to just walk out of the theater. Was it just me who noticed that the sword never went all the way through the dudes neck? (Talking about the giant the king killed) Oh and D) I watched the movie with my dad, and the graphic sex scene was a very uncomfortable experience, not to mention all the other nudity in the movie. Oh and one other thing, the characters were so 2-dimensional that I was bored halfway through the movie. And what was with that crud at the end, I mean they had survived the first fight completely unscathed, they present them as so badass I doubt anyone could ever have beaten them. They go into the last battle, some with minor injuries, but most still just fine, and then they all die at once. It's like the directors said, "whoops, end of the movie, time for you all to die!" The plot held no real surprises.

The visuals were great, though the lighting they had all through the movie got a little old at times, and it was definitely entertaining, but all the other stuff just made for a bad movie experience.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

dangit volkov, I wanted to read your rant, but I dont want the movie spoiled. so I cant really comment on your ginormous paragraph.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Sorry Snare. Go see it and then come comment. You're opinion will probably be quite different though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

Volky, besides all that if it was just thought up and not based on historical events it would be an awesome movie, dont destroy my spirits, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Gen. Volkov

You would, LOL.

Even if disconnected from the history, it would still have issues with physical impossibilities, still be self-contradicting (Rejects hunchback because he couldn't hold his place in all important phalanx, then holds phalanx formation for 30 seconds and spends rest of battle fighting as individual), still have a predictable plot, and still have 2d characters. Half of my problems with the movie would still exist, even if it wasn't /loosely/ based on history. I'm afraid I just wouldn't like this movie. It's not that I mind bloody movies, I mean, I liked Gladiator, and it was only slightly better on the history than 300. But Gladiator was a good movie otherwise, 300 was not. So this is what it boils down too for me: Visuals: A+, Entertainment value: B, Historical accuracy: F-, Plot: D, Characters: D Overall grade: C- Entertaining, but nothing spectacular.

Oh, and just so it's not all negative from me, here a good movie you should watch: Flags of Our Fathers, and while you are at it, it's companion: Letters from Iwo Jima. Both excellent movies.

Alazar is Back

kell

the battle of Iwo Jima  :-P    told from both sides. you know that monument of i think four soldiers pushing up a U.S flag thats where it happened

founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Arguia Zsah

At the cinema: Amazing Grace, Becoming Jane.