People can't take the beating?

Started by Ashaman, September 20, 2004, 12:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

defense is no longer a priority. retto has programed the game so that its unnecessarily difficult to defend yourself, and easy yo be offensive. look at the ratios, 90-100% attacking, 0-10% defending... its better just to strategicly position yourself not to have defense.

KangXi

lol no kidding. which promisance do you see offense at 10% success and defense at 90%??? Think about it, it will never happen. Well it could, if we doubled or tripled the defense points for each unit but what fun would that be??? youre pretty silly to think that it is retto's fault that this happens...

windhound

*shrugs*
different strats dood..  different strats...

here, there is usually atleast one horde with plenty of land, and if you can get maxxed after 21 attacks what's the real point in keeping land?  share it with others and take it back when you need it..  I usually design my hordes as offencive hordes rather than defencive..  

KangXi I dont think you have a great defence either...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

it never used to be so durastic. back in the day it was much more evened out. we could actually defend. and there are other ways of making defense easier kang. take out that silly attack percentages thing nobody uses, give more bonus to defenders, up towers and make land worth more NW. with land worth lots of NW, people will want to have land to be in first, comprande?

Juska

I pulled off a like 77% def rate in 16 round of turbo and Death eater had in the high 80%'s, but that was only because we pwned you all that round without leaders :) and I protected DE's sorry hide the whole set.

50% is possible, if you play right.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

heck, I still had a 50% defencive ratio on Nero before I killed him on reg...  definatly possible, but quite a bit of trouble...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ashaman

Like windhound said, why put up any defense when you have hit limits protection and you actually want to lose land so that other people can't magic attack your grains?  The glory of this game is to come in first at the end, not during the set.  If people want to hold first for the first week or two, then go ahead.  Like Cody was doing when he had 36m skiffs, no land, no other troops and just sit there for a few days.  Why do I have to bother with him when he wasn't growing and setting himself up for the end game?  So what if you have 50% defense success rate or 100%.  Fact is, if you can't compete for the 1st spot at the end, then you lose.  Until there's some code changes that declare a victor as the person holding first the longest, then people will still work for the end game.
And as you people can see, grains hoarding isn't that hard.  If you still like to hoard grains, then there will always be an Ashaman around to poison or steal your grains :)

Juska

I think we should play turbo again with leaders disabled.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

i can't believe i missed the no-leaders round, i would have cleaned up hands down. thats depressing, retto only did it when i was away to spite me because i'm the one who made a stink to him about it.

ashaman, the purpose of the game is to be competing to have the highest ranking... why would everyone wanna bum around for a month just to get be in first place for 12 hours at the end? thats rediculas. if the intention is to be first, then the winner of the round should be he who stays in first the longest. that way, the person if first comes under fire, everybone races to take them down, its a constant struggle, constant battle. unlike now where the battle is merely in the last day when everyone shows their networths.

i suggested the cange to retto, and i hope he does it, because it would resourect turbo. turbo never used to be about being in first just at the end, believe it or not, we used to have emperors on turbo.

KangXi

Im only speculating here...but what if....

a person holds first for more than 15 days? is the set just over then? i mean if it wasnt...no one would play anymore...

Ashaman

No one cares or remembers an empire that stayed in first but not win the set.  Until the code is changed to reflect the time an empire was in first the longest, then people will continue to play for the glory of winning the set at the end.  If people want to be in first during mid set, then I will gladly leave them alone to sit around and not use any of their turns to grow.  We play by what the code allow.  As of now, the code does not record informations such as who was in first longest, and so that's not how I will play.  The code favors grain storing by making grains worth a lot of networth and easily storable, so that's how I will play.  Until the code changes, style of play will stay the same.
Oh, and please be careful about what you wish for PA.  Remember that not only you know how to play indy.  Indy is a strat that's been around the longest and most people who played promisance before will no doubt know how to indy.  Most new players that I taught will begin as an indy because it's the easiest way to get started in this game.  

Peace Alliance

ashaman, the immortalization simply states who was in first at the end. who's to say thats the winner? the purpose is to be in first regardlyss of how the code is atm. theres nothing that says its your objective to store up all season to win at the end. however that is the popular way of playing and thats why code needs to be changed to fix that... i still don't see why its the only way you will play?

also, who cares if the guy in first isn't using any turns? as soon as he gets there half the game will be struggling to take him out of first. the code would also cound who's in 2nd the most, 3rd, 4th and so on. that way it see's who can actually stay in power from a longer amount of time.

whats indy? i don't speak QT

Holby

Industrial, I would assume. So troops.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

ohhhhhh. i thought he meant indipendant, i was thrown off.

Death Eater

yes, indy is QMT for industrial...a no-leader strat basically...
user posted image