Editor Wanted

Started by wolf bite, September 16, 2006, 04:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Editor wanted

As many of you know that the "Wolf Bite?s Journal" I wrote years ago has been used by many different sites as a great study on Prom strategies. It became outdated. I put many hours (days) in to a full rewrite. It is now 35 pages long and is useable by beginners as well as experts.

The trouble with editing one?s own work is that I tend to overlook the same mistake constantly. Such as I may have put ?There belongings? when I meant to say ?Their belongings.? Also some of my cut and paste has caused some minor problems with the fields in MS Word that I don?t know how to fix.

I am looking for an editor. The person must be an excellent speller and competent in MS Word and changing it to a web page. Deep knowledge of the game is not required. The editor must agree that they know they have the exclusive first look at the book before publishing and not release any parts to others until it is published.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Wolf Snare

I'd do it, but my grammar skills are probably not what you are looking for. If I stuck to it it wouldn't be a problem, but I imagine you want an older member to do this, so I will sit idle unless no one else comes forward. Volkov?  :-D
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

wolf bite

Snare,

There is no requirement as to time on this server to edit, just me trusting the person, which I do for you. The editor must slowly read over the paper several times looking for misused words and things that can be taken ambiguously (in more ways then one).

If you feel that this fits you, I would except you for this position.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

windhound

35 pages?  dang
please make an index if there isnt one already = P
and do not use Word's "convert to html" feature please..  it spews nasty, unnessisary, messy code by default.  though I am told it can be made to stop that nonsence
if you have to, get nvu [free] and paste..  since it is that long, preferred would be to break it up into sections and link where apropriate, wiki style (though, not excessive linking like some wikis)

I dont currently have time to go through 35 pages, but I can format if needed
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Neobaron

Neo is about the only SPAG freak left around here.

I think I could do it.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Peace Alliance

Remember cal? what was the rest of her name? i still have her aim, lol.

are you going to make this into a webpage or just a forum post? since we control the server, we could easily make it a quick easy page.

The Lady Shael

I could do it too, since if it has to be coded, I could just code it before I put it up. I'm pretty good with spelling, and moderately okay on grammar. I just don't know if I'd have time.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

sticker, did you read the first post?
the thing is 35 pages long.  I dont think the forum supports that much text, and I think it might crash my computer.  it would, at very least, keep it busy for a min

I havnt seen what wolf's done with the guide ofcourse, but you could probably incorperate it directly into the help guide..  atleast some of it.  probably make it downloadable as a pdf as well, so its searchable..  35 pages, I hope that's double spaced 35 point font wolf = P
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

Thanks Shael, but I think between school, coding and maybe trying to fit in some personal life you have your hands full. But it will end up in your hands eventually. Retto was going to put in on our server as a web page and have a link to it from the sign in page. I will ask the same of you.

Neo, Snare was the first to post interest, if he accepts the terms he will have the first go at it. If not then we will talk.

Single space. 18,000 words.

Thanks all.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Peace Alliance

you're right windy. Maybe just a blank page with the RWL colours in the backround, heh.

calria

Quote from: Peace Alliance on September 16, 2006, 10:26:30 PM
Remember cal? what was the rest of her name? i still have her aim, lol.

It's Calria. =P

I still own you all, you know.

Duskslash Mercenaries

hey, wolf bite, are you familiar with Dreamweaver?

The Lady Shael

omg, Calria! Welcome back! This is amazing.

general note: I think at this point whoever is chosen to edit need not worry about coding or putting it to a webpage....since I already have access to the style sheet/colors and shell pages and such. It won't cause me that much trouble, I promise.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

My name has apparently been put foward. I don't have alot of time, but I am competent with MS Word, and decent on the whole SPAG thing. I'll do it if you want.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Okay, I am confused.

Three people have said they would help. Snare, Neo and the General, in that order. All good people that I trust. But the length of it was not told to the first two when they posted and they have not agreed since I did posted it. But I know they have logged in. I am not sure what that means? They changed their minds, they assume I know they would except, or something else?

Then Cal signed in. Which, besides bring a smile to my face, we know that she would be better at the task then all of us and three professors put together. But then she only said Hi.

? and I have no idea what Dreamweaver is or what subject it concerns?

The person that works on this will not only help players from many sites, help RWL get back together, but will have acknowledgment in the journal for their work. I assume the work load will be 6 to 8 hours over the next week.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite