The Arena Development

Started by Rakefur, November 15, 2011, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaggerungTheOtter

*Heavy breating beside ur ear* The...Masked...Wolf...is...Back!

*You feel a sharp claw rake ur back and sword is being pushed against ur neck*

FEAR HIM!!! *All goes Black* :o

The Masked Wolf

Quote from: cloud on February 02, 2012, 06:40:08 PM
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Let's go, say that to mah face...5 words: I don't give a crap! >:

Durza

HIt Points Question:

As each point distributed equals 10 HP, when armor/resitance is reduced to zero points should damage start being dealt.  If so I think a six sided die plus bonus(melee=strength, range=speed, willpower=magic).

also on your turn you be able to recover one point of your choice?

Any objections? Rakefur?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Rakefur

Quote from: Durza on November 17, 2011, 02:40:05 PM
HIt Points Question:

As each point distributed equals 10 HP, when armor/resitance is reduced to zero points should damage start being dealt.  If so I think a six sided die plus bonus(melee=strength, range=speed, willpower=magic).

also on your turn you be able to recover one point of your choice?

Any objections? Rakefur?
I think that's reasonable. Why don't you and the masked wolf do a test battle, and if you could post what I should do, that would be helpful. Just kinda like a walkthrough for running the game.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

The Masked Wolf

Durza just so u know i am TaggerungTheOtter so  i will be using his stats. As Rakefur if ye have questions
Aggressive and weak have no correlation. I know a bunch of weak people that are aggressive, and if they get aggressive towards the wrong people they get put in their place. Know your place.

Durza

okay, I just ran through a simulation of what goes into an attack behind the scenes
Question Mark (?)

The Masked Wolf

Rakefur

All right, to reiterate:

Dice: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

General
  -To win a battle, you must kill your opponent.
  -You gain a level up every time you win a battle.
  -You gain an XP point every time you finish a battle (dead or alive).
  -Every time you level up, you get 10 points to disperse among your 6 fields (Strength, Intellect, Speed, Armor, Resistance, Willpower).
  -There are 8 bosses, each controlled by Rakefur.

Melee Attacks
  -When attacking, your add your strength and your speed. That number is your attack points.
  -When defending, you add your armor and your speed. That number is your defend points.
  -The ref inputs the AP and DP into the variable in the dice roller and rolls the dice.
   -During a fight, the attacker's [dice roll] are compared to the defender's [dice roll].
  -If the attacker has the higher number, he deals [dice roll] damage to the defender. (If the defender has armor, the damage is dealt to the armor first.)
  -If the defender has the higher number, the attacker loses 1 strength.
  -Turns may be spent bringing strength back up, but only to the point it was at the beginning.
  -However many AP or DP you had during the fight, you lose that many Energy Points (as seen below).
  -The attacker loses [Attack Points = Energy Points].
  -The defender loses [Defend Points = Energy Points].

Magic Attacks
  -When attacking, your add your willpower and your speed. That number is your attack points.
  -When defending, you add your resistance and your speed. That number is your defend points.
  -The ref inputs the AP and DP into the variable in the dice roller and rolls the dice.
  -During a fight, the attacker's [dice roll] are compared to the defender's [dice roll].
  -If the attacker has the higher number, he deals [dice roll] damage to the defender. (If the defender has armor, the damage is dealt to the armor first.)
  -If the defender has the higher number, the attacker loses 1 willpower.
  -Turns may be spent bringing willpower back up, but only to the point it was at the beginning.
  -However many AP or DP you had during the fight, you lose that many Mana Points (as seen below).
  -The attacker loses [Attack Points = Mana Points].
  -The defender loses [Defend Points = Mana Points].

Available Items
  -You may take any 2 non-reusable items, and 2 reusable items before a fight, but you cannot change them till after. Each item takes 1 turn to apply. Unlock lvl2 item when you use lvl1 item 10 times.

-Lesser HP potion, Greater HP potion (Resupplies {[+5/+10] * Intellect} HP, not reusable)
  -Oatcakes, Skilly'n'Duff (Resupplies +10/+25 EP, not reusable)
  -Small Mana potion, Large Mana potion (Resupplies +10/+25 MP, not reusable)

-Sandbag, Stonebag (-1/-2  speed to opponent and -1/-2 willpower to self for 1 turn, reusable in the "Sand" and "Grass" arenas)
  -Wooden Shield, Bronze Shield (+1/+2 armour and -1/-2 speed for 1 turn, reusable in the "Dungeon" and "Throne Room" arenas)
  -Wisp, Smoke (Invisible and -1/-2 damage for 1 turn/2 turns, reusable in the "Village" and "Forest" arenas)
  -Oil, Greek Fire (+1/+2 damage to opponent and -1/-2 resistance to self for 1 turn, reusable in the "Lake" and "Lava Pit" arenas)

Arenas
  -Sand (+1 Speed, -1 Armor)
  -Grass (+1 Speed, -1 Strength)
  -Dungeon (+1 Armor, -1 Resistance, random traps)
  -Throne Room (+1 Strength, -1 Willpower)
  -Village (+1 Willpower, -1 Strength)
  -Forest (+1 Resistance, -1 Armor)
  -Lake (+1 Resistance, -1 Speed)
  -Lava Pit (+1 Willpower, -1 Speed)

I will be designing the maps in the next couple of days.

Camaclue

Yaey! my dungeon arena got in!
make the random traps(that is decided by a d6 roll, even means trap odd means no trap) deal damage to the player who wins a roll, and make it either half the attack of the enemy or the winner of the roll's speed(depending on which one is an even number)
also, could we remake our characters if we want?
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]

Rakefur

I'm still finishing that post BTW, so watch it for more stuff.

That is WAY to confusing for simple-minded people like myself, but let's see what Durza has to say.

Yes you can remake chars, but please just edit your previous ones, don't make just new posts, you know what I mean?

Durza

I have two things to say right now.

1) Sorry about the laziness on my part, I ment to do what rakey did a couple posts back.  Schoolwork happened and I just could not find the time.

2) We should move the super large post and characters to another page as soon as maps are developed.  How are you doing that BTW?
Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

I'm not sure. Maybe on paint? Do you have any ideas?

Durza

Question Mark (?)

Rakefur

Camaclue

yeah
you know how we had the Idea for those arena bosses? Can whoever made the boss be them?
also, make a roster to decide who battles who and stuff.
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 12, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
ey M8 ur cheeky i swear ill wreck ur [poop]