Landfat Ratios...

Started by bjornredtail, December 19, 2004, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjornredtail

If you take a look at the scores listing you will notice something really odd with the scores. People have several million networth to one thousand land. How are people doing this? Where are getting their networth? I've heard troops, but if that is the case, how are those troops supported? How are they recruited?

I suppose that this is a result of the long held doctrun of landfatness. It is not that these land-thin warlords are more powerful, but they are targeted less, IMHO. I suppose Ragefur has had a bigger influance than anyone elce in the history of the game.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ragefur

Hah. 1k to 1mil was always a minimum, and it's about the place where you (used to be) safe from people of approximately the same rank as/lower than you. Even though I invented the term I don't do a good job of following it myself.

*stares at his pudgy horde*

I am SO dead...

~Ragefur
Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

Holby

hehe. People do not survive on 1k acres, it's that they are knocked down to it. Regardless of their strat, no-one runs it on so little land.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

1K = 3 mil minimum now.
and even with that, you can find yourself being the one with the most land, its nuts :-p

bjornredtail

Ok... It is my opinion that most of these people with such such low landfat ratios come as a result of food and cash massing, not troops. Otherwise there would be no way of supporting the troops, unless you are a leader masser. But then leaders don't count for networth... Anyways, food and cash do not help your defences.

It is also my opinion that landfat=growth. Excess land is invested in stuff that helps the horde's economny. The only thing is that while you are waiting on turns, you are comperatively vunderable for your networth class. The thing is it is a tempary condition, as your horde will grow into it's new lands quite natrally. The other condation requires quite some active correction to be viable for creating and maintining a millitery.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

it is my opinion that the main reasons that there is such a big land to networth ratio is because people get land, use it to get NW, then let people take it because its more profitable to do that then to try and keep it so that you can use it again next run. people are rarely very landfat at the end of their run, usually right at the end they are pretty evened out, but then they get attacked... although i don't see much wrong with this, 'cause its just stratagy.

food is worth too much NW too.

Nohcnonk

I believe that land and networth are both good, and you should get as much as you can reguardless of how much of each. :D  

Ragefur

Yeah. I'm assuming the high landfat ratios are a combination of food/cash massing, and the fact that people in the top ten are land-sharing. (I.E. they are attacking madly at the start of their run, taking the land from the others in the t.t., and then letting the land go to the next person[although not necessarily willingly] for that person's run.) With such high l/f ratios there's not really much point in accruing large amounts of land, as you can easily gain 10K land in 100 turns. At least I used to be able to...

I'm probably wrong on this theory as I haven't been watching for long.

~Ragefur
Highest Rank: 1
8th player ever.

Juska

It still takes someone together those large amounts of land Ragefur, and atm that isn't happening. *Stares at full turns and not enouh land within his grasp*

If you have more than 10k land in the 20 then your landfat, if you have more than 7k in the rest of the game then your landfat.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Orcrist

Heh- yea but it's easier to take alot of land and just work with it, even if you know you're gonna lose it. Look at me, I have 25 k land atm (!!), but I'll be broken and someone will take me down to like 12k land. Still, at the beginning of my next run, I'll spend 100 turns taking land and I'll keep on building. Ragefur was right- it's a form of land sharing. The game would be more fun if there were more land (if scouting had been made more effective in the beginning of the round...), but it is what it is.

BTW, Juska, if you want to attack someoen who's gathering all the land, you could always try to attack me. ;)
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

juska, what your going to do is wait for someone to gather up all the land,then your gonna attack the guy who gathered, and when your done you'll most likely have less land then he did when he gathered it, then someones gonna do the same thing to you and so on, thats why the land gets so spread out and people start complaining about there being no land, if you want a lot of land, scrape it out of people, start low and work up untill you've got a huge amount...

Gen. Volkov

Like Blood Wake seems to have recently done. *Nod* But last time I checked Nohc was in the process of correcting that situation.  What are describing here is exactly what happens to me. I pull in large amounts of land, run turns building leaders and goldmining and what have you... and then I don't even bother to build towers. Because no matter how many I build, I'll still lose the land to someone. So I figure, screw it, I'll just get more land next time. Because almost invariably when you have those sick NW to land ratios, people stop attacking so you slowly build land. Until you get to Peace and Holby's position where you have tons of land and a truly sick amount of NW.. but you still get hit because you have lots of land even if you're not landfat. *Nods sagely*
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Quotejuska, what your going to do is wait for someone to gather up all the land,then your gonna attack the guy who gathered, and when your done you'll most likely have less land then he did when he gathered it, then someones gonna do the same thing to you and so on, thats why the land gets so spread out and people start complaining about there being no land, if you want a lot of land, scrape it out of people, start low and work up untill you've got a huge amount...

Nohc- 32k land before I hit him, 12k now.

Me - 8k before I ran 45k now.

What your saying only applies when someone who only attacks 30 or so time per run hits the landfat guy and doesn't hit any other targets, I attack 50+ times per run. And I hit 4 seperate empires.

Dropping my net and hitting the low guys isn't as profiable as waiting for the high guys to hit the low guys.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

true, i guess i wasn't directing my comment at you alone then  :P  

Nohcnonk

All I do is attack whoever has the most land.  If it's some guy who just came out of protection, it's too bad for him.  Unless I think it'd be too mean to overattack.