No more car :c

Started by Krowdon, June 07, 2015, 01:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

okay it'll be a used one but i mean it'll be a replacement for my poor Camry.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Briar

Good job getting used. I don't think new cars are worth it.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Krowdon

My mom got a new car recently. It's alright.

The last new car she got we had for 10+ years though. Maybe they last longer than used ones? IDK. They sure do smell nice though, new cars.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

Heh.  There are some poor quality makes out there, but the majority of cars will run a loooong time if properly taken care of. 
If it's a diesel it'll run even longer, there was an old diesel VW rabbit around NCSU with 750k miles on it. 

My family got 350k miles out of the last Chevy van, god only knows how many miles my '70 Beetle has (odometer rolls) and I'm using that as a daily driver. 
Just about anything can be repaired, the consideration is whether the repair is worth while with respect to the value of the car.  If the answer is 'yep' you keep rollin'

...unless you're one of those weird people who buys a new car every 2 - 5 years.  I honestly don't get it. 
But then they're the reason for the used car market, so I'm appreciative
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Ungatt Trunn II

If it ain't a 55 Thunderbird then it's not allowed in spa by order of the spa mod.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

Overruled. 

'55 Thunderbird or aircooled VWs are currently acceptable

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

A '56 Bel Air is pretty fine

Krowdon

Oh yeah! Later today I'll show you guys my car!

Wordsarecool

Now its two months out and its two months back
Twenty years on your homeworld's track
Pushing the speed of light
And your friends are gone
and your lovers too
and there's dam all left that you can do

windhound

Quote from: Krowdon on June 23, 2015, 11:31:50 AM
Oh yeah! Later today I'll show you guys my car!

Lies :(

Briar

Such simple hopes crushed

...sorry for sounding a bit WAC on that one

Krowdon

It's a used 2014 Ford Focus. Barely used though, it's only had 4100 miles on it when we got it.

windhound