Quite a battle!

Started by Juska, July 02, 2009, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

First off, I want to commend The War Elephants (#'s 10 & 6) for pretty much locking down the server for the first 4 days of the set, very impressive. Quite honestly I thought you guys had a shot at riding the wave and being unstoppable.

I just had what might quite probably be one the best moments I've had in Prom. and I would like to tell it.

Ok, so as anyone who is playing turbo knows The War Elephants have been dominating the game so far, I futilely tried to suicide #10 and murder him eariler in the set, gave up and revolted to Rat so I could indy against them. Well my first run was a no go, couldn't break with 27 mil rats. So tonight I log in and I see Genevieve online the same time as me, pure coincidence we both have full turns. So, I decide to run together, have her stack rats and then drop land to the land farm, then I'd run grab it, stack more rats, get hers aided to me and break #10. Well, low and behold about the moment before Genevieve is about to drop her land #10 shows up and starts to hit her, and at first I'm going nuts my plans all shot and then I see he isn't healing between attacks, so I watch him, time it until I'm pretty sure his health is low and then pound him. So now he's probably going crazy watching his land disappear, he finally figures out who's hitting him and for a good two minutes there is raging online battle between myself, #10 and #6. I'm hitting #10, he and #6 are blasting me I'm watching my troops get 3%'d because I don't have the food or cash to keep things going, but I don't dare to stop and sell because I need to heal before one of them gets wise and STD's me when I'm at low health and because part of me is wondering if #10 still has the rats to hold me off if he hits full health or if he could buy more up and put an end to my breaking him.  

Well, finally #10 and #6 give up and I managed to run all my turns, but I'm sure #10 still has mostly full turns and he's back online to turn the tide on me. I managed to kill a good 100mil rats and take 90k of his land though.

Anyway, thought I'd relate tonight's events.

P.S. I don't think your done War Elephants and look forward to fighting you the rest of the set, and quite honestly I wouldn't have onlined you if I could of helped it, but you showed up the middle of our run.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Red Fang

Juska

Lol, it was more fun if you were there I assure you.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Checkerpaw

That sounds intense, Juska!  I wish I could have been there.   ;)
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)