Mid round release

Started by Shadow, May 01, 2012, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey guys,

Sorry this is late, but this is the first time I have had to code in a while. Just now I put a few balance tweaks to the equations underlying the game. Casher has had its output reduced about 15%, while indy has had a number of buffs: 15% more output at less cost to workers, and barracks now contribute to costs reduction. Overall indiers should find they are able to stay competitive economically at lower tax rates, which was interfering with their gameplay before.

I'll be keeping an eye on things this round to see how these things affect balance. This weekend, time permitting, I will fix the attack system to look prettier mechanically.

Farmers haven't been changed directly, but higher troop output should make food a little more important as more people indy instead of cashing, so I expect this to drive up food prices a little bit.

Enjoy :)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shores of Tripoli

Haha, I love being the only farmer in the game. ={)

monopolies are fun.

Ian2424

Oh noes! Cashing has been nerfed again :(. I'll revolt to a farmer or indier. Probably indier.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Shores of Tripoli

Yea, Lizard is gona be fun this game. Nobody farm, it's ok. I got this. Food prices starting at $20 on the public market, first come first serve. Careful now, don't hurt yourself. No need to rush, there's plenty for everybody.

Raggon

Am I the only one who can't see the buttons with the new view? The only pages I could finds was the generals hut, main menu, and scores. :(
I void warranties
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Shadow

can you post a screenshot of what you see and tell us what browser you are using?

Ian2424

Quote from: Shores of Tripoli on May 02, 2012, 02:44:02 PM
Yea, Lizard is gona be fun this game. Nobody farm, it's ok. I got this. Food prices starting at $20 on the public market, first come first serve. Careful now, don't hurt yourself. No need to rush, there's plenty for everybody.
Lol. You better make that at least 17 or lower. 15-17. maybe 18 if food is really low. But $20 a piece? That's madness!

Shadow

people will buy it as long as it is the only thing on there ^_^

Ian2424

But it's the beginning of the round. They wouldn't have much cash. But still, they wouldn't have much food either...

Peace Alliance

But if you find yourself stuff, you'll bite the bullet and pay whatever you have to for the food you need to finish your run.

Shadow

A few more tweaks:

the heal buff is now probabilistic and its power depends on your leader power. It will give you up to something around 50% chance (max depends on your race loyalty stat like with the other buffs) to heal extra per turn. This means that sometimes it will have an effect and sometimes it won't, but if used 10+ turns at a time, you should see close to the claimed increased heal rate. The cost of buffs is now based on land total instead of huts, so no more cheap healing at low huts for easy kills.

I have reduced the cost reduction power of barracks slightly since it seems that the recent buffs to indy were a little too much. Enjoy!

Ian2424

Kills were never easy to begin with! And now it's practically Rain Dance? So, an indy who attacks might not get to 100 all the time? This wastes more turns for everybody, since you already need 100 health if you want to max out your production.

Pippin

what % do barracks reduce costs by?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Quote from: Ian2424 on May 05, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
Kills were never easy to begin with! And now it's practically Rain Dance? So, an indy who attacks might not get to 100 all the time? This wastes more turns for everybody, since you already need 100 health if you want to max out your production.

You aren't understanding.

You still heal normally. There is just a chance to heal extra on top of that. You'll get to 100 health just as always...

Quotewhat % do barracks reduce costs by?
barracks/(3.5*land) * 100%, up to 35%

Ian2424