Of Love and Strength (Sign ups)

Started by Faerd, February 14, 2008, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerd

Yep. You read this right, an ACTUAL NEW THREAD in the roleplaying forum! However, since the last thread I made sorta died out via godmoding and the likes, I am making a signup thread here before I actually start up the real thing! The story is going to take place in a land far from Mossflower, and will have nothing to do with the actual Redwall/Salamandastron, for the simple fact that I hate how all of the redwall books have the same storyline basically, yet it will be along the same general ideas. You can be any race within the Redwall books, however, and best of all... *gasp* you dont have to fight if you dont want to! Diplomats, cooks, travelers, and the likes, are all welcome characters! If you wish to join, please make a post in the same format as below, and I will tell you if you are in or not, or if I wish for a bit of editing first.

Name: (Self explanatory)

Race: (Self explanatory)

Appearance: (What do you look like? This can include anything from clothes to eye color)

Personality: (Self explanatory)

Chosen Profession: (Your path in life, are you a cook, a farmer, a fighter, etc. You must also include a brief description of said profession)

Example:

Name: Faerd Quickpaw

Race: Squirrel

Appearance: Of average height, Faerd has chesnut-brown fur covering his entire body and bright green eyes. He is rarely seen without his longbow and quiver upon his back, and tends to have leaves and twigs stuck in his bushy tail.

Personality: Faerd is normally quiet and calm, contemplating all possibilities within a situation before acting. He is caring to even the tiniest of creatures, yet has a deep-rooted hatred of foxes born out of his fathers death at the hands of a fox raid upon his village.

Chosen Profession: Explorer (Faerd is always on the move, scouting out areas he does not know. As travel is not without its dangers, he is battle-hardened and tends to be able to find food where most would die.)
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Firetooth

Name:Firetooth
Race:Big ginger wildcat
appearence:Fierce, strong. Ginger with dazzling green eyes which shine brightly even in dark lands. A bushy tail has a thick scar on and he is missing half of his left ear. He wears a ripepd brown cloak and carries around a rusted but lethal sword.
personality:Savage in battle, strong. Holds grudges but if your his friend you'll stay like that unless you do something very bad. He has no friends at the moment though since most died in battle and he is very unwilling to trust anymore.
profession:"lone wolf" mercenry, works for whoever pays the most, but he has a dark past and wants revenge on a pine-marten named Skinner for reasons known only to him. He hides a jar of dirt under his cloak for unknown reasons. One of the best troops in the land, any weapon will do, unarmed or with a sword prefferably.

ooc:Boy another role-play!Im excited! Ill try not to power-play or overpower but-*smiles* that's not likely to happen, eh? :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Firetooth

ooc:Sorry for the double post lol

Sweat dripped off the huge wildcat's rough ginger face. He bared his fangs in anticipation. The otter grabbed it's lance and chaarged, Firetooth forsaw the move and sidestepped, easily tripping over the otter. He then drew his long sword and went for the kill. The otter rolled to one side, grabbing it's lance and lunging upwards, firetooth dodged and cut it in half though, then bought his sword down and stabbed the otter.
  The otters blood flowed through the marshy lands into the shallow river as the victorious firetooth strolled away into the horizom.
ooc:Like it?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Well here goes

Name: sharptooh/ sharptooth ( I don't mind really)

Race: wildcat

Age: In human years about 24... I don't know how that transferrs to cat years.

Appearance: Fairly large ginger wildcat, uses a large and decorated spear as a weapon but always carries a sword with him, he wears chainmail most of the time.

Pesonality: Slow to anger but really loses it when someone goes over the top, nice (well for a warlord)
  Talk's up in front of army but sometimes quiet.
  Has a mercenary army 100 strong and is waitng for the right offer so maybe he could start his own fortress.

Faerd

(I'll have to check in with Arg about that post Firetooth. Just a tad of advice, and i'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but when you're doing a scene like that, where you're fighting someone of your level of skill, the fight would probably take longer than around 20 seconds. Try to describe the surroundings, try to get your character to get beat up a bit before winning (if he wins), make it interesting.))

Anyways, as it is, I'm going to make a small post showing Faerd fighting an axeman of his equal skill.

Sun drenched the lush glade, bathing it in a golden aura that intensified the already astounding beauty of the purple-and-blue flowers scattered aimlessly about. The splendor of the scene was lost upon Faerd as he entered, however, his mind set upon the battle to take place not five minutes from now. Slowly, he drew his hand-crafted longbow, painstakingly assembled over the course of years with care and expertise. Soon he would fight... soon he would kill the beast that had killed his brother. A low growl issued forth from the far side of the area, and an enormous fox came into view. Faerd's calm resolve shattered as he saw the weapon it wielded: a gigantic battleaxe, almost as large as Faerd himself, and adorned upon the pommel was his brother's tail! "You doot! I'll kill you for that!" he screamed in anger, drawing an arrow from his quiver and nocking it to the bow with practiced ease. "Go ahead, little one, shoot me with your tiny sticks. They sting, true, but this..." the fox patted his axe with an expression almost defined as care, "This, my friend, truly can make you hurt." Faerd gritted his teeth, rolling his eyes at the elaborate speech. "Then let us end this." He released the tension upon the bowstring as he finished the statement, the arrow hissing towards the fox who dived aside, the arrow shattering harmlessly upon a small rock in the distance. The fox sprinted forwards, attempting to close the ground between him and Faerd, ducking one arrow, grunting in pain as a second slammed into his shoulder, before finally reaching the squirrel, lashing down with all his might. Faerd rolled underneath the bow, the axe leaving a superficial, but painful gash upon his left hindpaw. As the fox drew back the axe for another blow, Faerd grabbed a pawful of dirt, slinging it into the beast's face, causing him to paw it away angrily. The distraction proved enough however, and Faerd nimbly leapt up into the boughs of a nearby oak, hopping to a high branch and firing once more at the form of the fox. The fox roared, both in pain and anger, as the arrow slammed into his shoulder once more, severing a tendon. The fox's arm fell limp, dropping the axe, and Faerd leapt down upon it's weak shoulder, bouncing off to cushion the fall. As he rolled and turned, his eyes widened in horror as he saw the fox bearing down upon him, a wicked-looking dagger in his good hand. Faerd attempted to roll away, yet the fox anticipated the move, twisting in midair to stab the dagger deep into Faerd's side. A scream of pain echoed from the squirrel's lips, and he kicked out with his legs, sending the fox flying backwards into a pine with a sickening splurtch. Faerd slowly withdrew the dagger, biting down hard to prevent himself from screaming again, and turned to find the fox impaled upon a sturdy limb of the tree. Slowly Faerd turned away, limping into the forest in search of aid...

((Well that turned out to be MUCH longer than i thought... you dont need to make every post this long at all!))
"7/5th's of the world's populace do not understand fractions. 48% of all statistics are wrong"

"Because my Reality-Defining-Gun says so..."

~Faerd, Rhubarb of Randomness

Firetooth

Arguia Zsah

Update on the RP: I am working on the intro at the moment (slow going due to college work) and am hoping to be able to post it by the weekend. I will post my sign up after I have finished the intro.

A hint of what it may involve: a far-away land, surrounded by seas often storm-tossed, high mountains, deep valleys, vast forests, stony shores... and a hint of revolution in the air.

Firetooth