My account

Started by Gen. Volkov, July 18, 2012, 02:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, and then you deleted it. I stuck around and kept at it until they got to the bottom of the problem. I don't see why you should get rewarded for your lack of effort.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

Excuse me?
I deleted my post because I was directly making communications via private messages to windhound.

You owe me 2 apologies now.

I don't like the forums. I rarely check in but I will return to see you say sorry
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

A) Windy can you confirm that?
B) Whatever you were doing, it clearly wasn't enough, since the problem was not solved until I started talking about it. So I owe you nothing on that front. I don't even know what the other apology would be for.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sevz

The other apology you owe was for linking me with the crime with wild your allegations. You got robbed but it was Kanna who stumbled upon your weakness and he told me so I stole what he left.
Last 2 replies

From (?) windhounds (Admin) (#2)
Mon, 9 pm
Bug should be patched, let me know if you notice any more oddities
Sorry for the delay
Cheers
~~~~~~
From (?) windhounds (Admin) (#2)
Tue, 7 am
Fun. I'll check when I get home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Didn't hear anything back from him
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe other apology you owe was for linking me with the crime with wild your allegations. You got robbed but it was Kanna who stumbled upon your weakness and he told me so I stole what he left.
Last 2 replies

Hardly wild. First Sonata, then you and Kanna all directly benefited from the bot script running my account. I'd be dumb not to be suspicious. Clearly you weren't involved, but I don't regret making such an obvious connection. I doubt anyone would have thought differently in my situation.

Secondly, two messages from him do not prove you were consistently trying to get him to do anything. He sent me the same message about patching the bug.

Sevz

shut your mouth you 1 sided ignorant fool.

I had the same problems as you. I'd log on with nearly full turns, shadow would be camping with his 2 accounts, i'd come back half hour later my leaders were destroyed my tax changed and he's robbed me of everything I have on at least 3 different days. Yes my bank was removed and stolen with some turns used.
I don't have an admin account so how could I hack you?

Stop arguing with me because you are wrong every time you speak. I said last 2 messages not the only 2 messages.
Hurry up and give me these apologies

Gen. Volkov

Quoteshut your mouth you 1 sided ignorant fool.

You need to learn to speak to people who disagree with you without calling them names.

QuoteI had the same problems as you. I'd log on with nearly full turns, shadow would be camping with his 2 accounts, i'd come back half hour later my leaders were destroyed my tax changed and he's robbed me of everything I have on at least 3 different days. Yes my bank was removed and stolen with some turns used.

Then you had the bot script on your account too. The difference is, I reported it to windy both publicly and privately, and you most definitely did not report it publicly after deleting the first one. I can't confirm or deny your reporting it to the admins, but since it went on for much of the round, clearly you couldn't have been doing it as consistently or diligently as I, or it would have been fixed.

QuoteI don't have an admin account so how could I hack you?

What does that matter? Hacking is about circumventing the games security, so you could hack me whether you had an admin account or not. Now who's being ignorant?

QuoteStop arguing with me because you are wrong every time you speak. I said last 2 messages not the only 2 messages.

I don't think I am wrong, and certainly not every time I speak. Furthermore, no matter what you said, that's still only two messages from him that confirm you sent anything, and only one that is a definite reply to something you sent. I sent windy multiple messages, both times it occurred, in addition to posting it here on the forums. Unless windy can confirm you sent him more than 1 message, I don't see how I am wrong, and by any standard I did far more than you to report this problem and light a fire under people's butts to get it fixed.

QuoteHurry up and give me these apologies

No. You don't deserve any apologies. I think you owe me an apology now for calling me an ignorant fool.

windhound

It was the bot code Sevz...
You did message me, and I apologize for being lax about responding.
For future ref, forum PM's are preferred.  But I do appreciate the ingames. 

The bots are designed to run only if they have full turns.  It would have been the same time every time, probably 15 min after midnight as you were #7.  Volkov, as #9 probably 15 past 2am.
The bots have a delay built in, if they're running properly it could take up to 20 min to complete their run.  Which means the account would be in flux for 20 min.

The bot code is currently broken and I haven't had a chance to really look at it.  I don't know why they would kill off leaders.  They certainly change tax rates.  If they tried to run turns and you had troops it could easily burn through your resources.  They're not very smart, especially bad when they're broken.

It was an error and I'm sorry it happened
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Windy, they killed off leaders by using turns with low land.

windhound

So really, they killed off everything.  Not just leaders.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, leaders, workers, some cash and food if you had troops. Though they would usually market the troops.

Sevz

I don't know anything about hacking so I am a little ignorant. I do know that previous administrators have said that an admin account can modify the numbers of any account they wish.

You owe me a few apologies. I wouldn't of called you an ignorant fool if you weren't being one. I actually would of said nothing about any of this if I weren't dragged into it. You have no rights to question my integrity. All you are doing is signing a deathwish.

windhound

It actually takes database access to modify most account numbers.
The admin accounts can edit land amounts (because of the online attack land bug) but that's about it.
The admin accounts can "take over" an account, basically logging in as the player.
There's a few other maintenance oriented things the admin accounts can do, but its largely not very interesting.

I could go into the database and edit any player's account so they have anything I want. 
Note my game admin account would not be shown online while I did this, because I use something else to play in the database (PHPMyAdmin).
But yeah...  this was certainly the bot script running where it shouldn't have.  Should have caught it sooner, thought someone had defeated my forum -> game transition step (which is as a result slightly beefed up, not really a bad thing).

Wolf Snare

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 25, 2012, 12:44:10 AM
Patch did not work. Someone got into my account again, marketed a bunch of troops and food and messed with my economy and tax settings again.

UPDATE: They also ran turns on low land to kill my leaders, and then Sevah used that to steal my cash. He also bought the food that was marketed. Dunno if the two are connected, but given how advantageous these two incidents have been for the opposition to my clan, I can't help but wonder.

rotflmao. typical. this is what i'm talking about. You're always gunning for him, always looking for reasons to blame him for something. If you actually want to gang up on code suggestions to improve the game, lighten up. And if you're going to do that, lighten up in general, aye? ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: Wolf Snarerotflmao. typical. this is what i'm talking about. You're always gunning for him, always looking for reasons to blame him for something. If you actually want to gang up on code suggestions to improve the game, lighten up. And if you're going to do that, lighten up in general, aye? ^_^

Frankly, no, I'm not. I got hit by the bot script, twice, in situations that directly benefited Sevah and his team. Since I had no way to know it was the bot script at the time, it looked like hacking. Since the folks that benefited most from it were Sevah and his team, my suspicions would naturally fall on them. However, I did not, as you and Sevah have repeatedly done to Shadow, come out and directly accuse Sevah or one of his team of cheating. I'm not gunning for Sevah, I'm using logic and deduction to arrive at reasonable conclusions from the data available. As for lightening up, I'll do it when Sevah does.

Quote from: Sevah
You owe me a few apologies. I wouldn't of called you an ignorant fool if you weren't being one. I actually would of said nothing about any of this if I weren't dragged into it. You have no rights to question my integrity. All you are doing is signing a deathwish.

I wasn't being one, and you know it. I owe you nothing, and I have every right to question your integrity, as I have shown repeatedly in other discussions. That said, I actually did think you were above actually hacking or cheating your way to a win. The first time it happened, I didn't even think of you. It was only after the second occurrence, and your direct benefit, that I even began to think you might be involved.