PA is suspicious

Started by Sevz, March 22, 2010, 12:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Truth's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
83 Rats

I was breaking with 500k of them on low health and losing very little.

10million fails at full health all of a sudden.

The next very suspicious thing is i attacked for under 5 acres nearly every single attack and took under 500 of the 1200 acres over all my turns.

I suspect cheating. Please be informed that i've noticed many things over a period of time and this looks the most blatant.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

He has a city. It shouldn't even be possible to get him under 1000 land. You've run into a code bug I think.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

The city was taken before

i also attempted to take a city and there was no city after i got told it was taken.

2 empires failed a kill when he was at 12k land. This is lunacy considering i fail attacks with 10million rats and he has 0
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Briar

Something Has Occured
Truth has no Citys.

Truth (#12)

Networth   $22,526,178
Land   618 Acres
Citys   Don\\\'t Taze Me Bro
Race   Rat

Note: Just posting this cause I wanted to see for myself.  This looks similar to a bug in Reg a few months back.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Obliterator

I messaged him about it a week or so back and recieved no response.

Could we please get an update on this from PA

Also absolutly no admins have replied to my bug in the bug section. I would appreaciate if i could get an update on what is happeneing with that bug too.

[edit] I attacked with 34 mil stoats. Still didn't break.
20 mil net cannot posibly hold enough net to block 34 mil stoats.
Also i only lost 83 stoats in the attack.

I think an admin should kill PA as we were stopped by bugs.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

I have come across similar things before, it is just another code bug to do with cities and the wierd way that the game handles them. Peace certainly isn't cheating.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

No admin replied because we don't have a coder. Windy and I have looked into cities and are baffled.

I can't delete the buggy one. I made a second one and can't delete it either.

Juska

This is a known bug.

Shael destroyed my cities for me when this happened earlier.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sevz

Thank you Juska. If it's a known bug that's helping Peace Alliance i need not say anything.

That's rwl

Juska

Everyone has to admit bugs do not get fixed here.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Well yes, our coder has not been able to implement anything in months. How can you find fault with someone who does this on a completely volunteer basis, and stops to live real life every once in a while? Seriously, get over yourselves. You are not entitled to her time, by any means.

Juska

Shadow I'm not saying that she should, I'm saying people need to suck it up and understand that it's a fact that bugs do not get fixed.
Current Empires:

Briar

I think an issue being raised is that the known bugs are being exploited?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Shadow

But they aren't. We have no clue what triggers that bug, the fact that it happened there was a total accident. Exploitation implies intention.

Peace Alliance

exploitation requires intent. I've been at this game a long time, I run the entire website, why would I bug a measly turbo account so it doesn't get killed? If i was gonna cheat I'd do a heck of a better job of it.