Total Abandonment

Started by Sevz, April 10, 2010, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If everyone stopped logging on to redwall as of right this second. How long would it take Shael to notice?

3days
0 (0%)
a whole week
0 (0%)
most of a round
0 (0%)
6weeks when she resets
0 (0%)
She'd never know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2010, 11:13:35 AM

Sevz

We've all played a game that is completely neglected by the admin who persecute anyone who undermines their intelligences or abilities.

This is an opinion poll. If you think the management at redwall isn't doing their job feel free to post 3 votes.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Ungatt Trunn II

Your day's not done until you've insulted or belittled someone, is it?

And Shael hardly fits that description, "the admin who persecute anyone who undermines their intelligences or abilities."
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sevz

I like ya Ungatt so i can't insult you. With all my experience i can't help but spit on redwall.

Valhall has 1 moderator and every server is at a level to host professionals all year round.

This place hosts a cool forum and a trashy game plagued with bugs and a suggestions box that's seems to of never been opened.

I would recommend New Management but this game hasn't got current management to replace. Most of you are just used to it. All the admin here do is talk and defend each other in arguments.

Forget who i am. Think for yourselves. My interests are purely towards gameplay and fair challenge. This game only has 1 good solo race and in the wrong hands i can make more networth in 1 week than 95% of you can make in 2 rounds.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Obliterator

I agree that the game has bugs.
I started out with Redwall and have not played many other promisance games.
Shael has dedicated much of her time to this website so i dont think you should say thing like this about her.
I dont really care if the game has bugs i play it for the fun i can have.
My interests differ very greatly from yours i dont play to win but if i win while having fun its worthwile.
I dont appreciate you talking trash against the admins
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Sevah, almost everyone who plays this game right now is of an age where we are going through university or starting our careers. Shael is in the last part of her university, which is understandably the most busy.

In the past 10 years she has devoted hundreds if not thousands of hours to RWL on a completely volunteer basis. I don't see how anyone can find fault with her after that. Sure there are bugs, and sure they get annoying when they last for a long time, but real life comes first for most of us, and you need to realize that before you start throwing crap like this around.

This poll is here for no other purpose than to cause trouble and insult people.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

I don't care if i get banned and deleted if i can leave this place slightly upgraded for my old allies it's worth it.

Is there no one at all who can at least do the simple maintenance? You seem to have plenty of time to moderate forums and talk smart.
Can you understand the difference of she's spent 1000's of hours in the PAST or 5minutes per month in the present?

Shadow

I don't know how to code well enough to do any maintenance work. Shael will do it when she has time. Windy has his own real life troubles at the moment.

What you are doing is not going to make code changes happen any faster, because your whining won't change the real life situations of our coders.

Sevz

Why don't you shut up and stop defending them. You are not contributing to the urgency here. We don't need you in every forum saying everyones too busy to do maintenance.

My dig isn't at them in specific. I don't care who's responsible at all. Unlike you I want 5 minutes of small changes for the greater good of everyone.

Shadow

This dig is pretty specifically directed at Shael.

I am simply pointing you in the direction of reality. What you are doing here is not making anything happen any faster while insulting people, so all you are echieving here is making someone else's life a little bit worse at no gain to yourself.

Sevz

all your doing is picking fault with everything i say.

It's spelt Achieving

End of the day, the people who are responsible should be nudged towards fixing some emergency problems. If not. Everyone should play at a website that hasn't been hacked into and left half way through the job.

No hard feelings.

Gorak

some people have lives outside of the internet
they'll get to it when they get to it
there isn't any real urgency

I can't justify hammering people to devote themselves, free of charge, to a free online text game, just so some user of their free online text game can have his every whim catered to.

there is life outside of Promisance, and for most of us, that life will always have priority
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

your all a bunch of n00bs. jus go with the flow and look cool.

nothings as funny as seeing people who don't know what they're talking about trying to protect the crap code.
I don't think Shael can't find 5 minutes to fix problems i think Shael is being given all privileges to ignore the issues. Sure she's got other things to do in her life, all probably more important and fun than this game and the 30 people who play it.
Not my problem. I'll just be the reason you all cry and change your minds.

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on April 11, 2010, 02:14:53 AM
your all a bunch of n00bs. jus go with the flow and look cool.

nothings as funny as seeing people who don't know what they're talking about trying to protect the crap code.
I don't think Shael can't find 5 minutes to fix problems i think Shael is being given all privileges to ignore the issues. Sure she's got other things to do in her life, all probably more important and fun than this game and the 30 people who play it.
Not my problem. I'll just be the reason you all cry and change your minds.
Do you have a current list of the bugs you've found? If you PMed them to Shael, that would be a great help, I'm sure.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

You had a very small point to make, Sevs. A complaint you have made too many times already on these forums. If you are going to spam, we are going to ban.

From now on, post when you have a contribution to make. Do not start entire topics just to make yourself feel big because you can trash talk RWL.

We owe nothing to you. Your IP is floating around MY web server.