Potential, Diplomacy, Strategy Guide

Started by Peace Alliance, March 03, 2008, 07:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Potential

I think we're missing the potential the game currently has to offer. From what I'm observing as admin, everying is trying to apply their well-known strategy to whichever race they pick. But thats not how they work! You need to discouver the potentials you're missing by not confining yourself to your race! You don't play a Wolf like a Stoat. Even if both wolf and stoat are storing the same thing, it's a different method.

Diplomacy

Most underrated skill in the game. Often times people think that it's something unfair, or that you can take less credit if you had help. But the ability to keep trade partners, enemy's at bay, and gain the help and support of other players is a skill that will land you on top... Even if you never make a single attack....

Strategy Guide

So i'm going to be starting a strategy guide, that I work on slowly, developing strategy's for each race, as well as each dynamic of the game. It will be a long project, done on turbo. I would like any support you guys can give me, so please feel free to start messaging me with your strat for any race, or any tips or tricks you can think of.

We should ALL be doing well, and then there will be more competition!

Firetooth

Diplomacy is a skill to me ;)
heh...no ones knows the true extent of the "diplomacy" I'll be using come a few days time *laughs*
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Diplomacy is my only skill. XD I think I'm actually the only Emperor/Empress to reach the top spot purely on diplomacy, and no playing skill at all.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

I am great at diplomacy, manipulation, and other politics, I hope to be a senator after I retire from the military.

taekwondokid42

Before you start the strat guide, finish the game guide, so that all of the rules apply and are accurate. If you could grant some of us access to edit the pages, I'm sure things would move along quicker as well. Then again, non-admins may have misconceptions about the way the game is currently coded.

Checkerpaw

Quote from: thomaskreisman on July 27, 2008, 01:01:19 PM
I am great at diplomacy, manipulation, and other politics, I hope to be a senator after I retire from the military.

You're so great at diplomacy you attack people only a day after agreeing to a secret alliance.  ::) 

And the thing is, you're not even near a good enough player to try getting away with stuff like that.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

pippin the mighty

I love diplomacy, I am also a good persuader.

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 01, 2008, 01:09:58 PM

You're so great at diplomacy you attack people only a day after agreeing to a secret alliance.  ::) 

And the thing is, you're not even near a good enough player to try getting away with stuff like that.
I was land grabbing and I didn't think it was worth it to wait all that time to back stab you.

ShaDowPONYride

Shadow

people have achieved emperorship here using diplomacy. It can also be used as a weapon to misdirect your enemies. If you think diplomacy is a joke, chances are it's on you.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

thomaskreisman

Quote from: Shadow on August 04, 2008, 04:54:58 PM
people have achieved emperorship here using diplomacy. It can also be used as a weapon to misdirect your enemies. If you think diplomacy is a joke, chances are it's on you.
Ya Shadow is right, diplomacy is very important; just think of how good out nations greatest leaders had to be at diplomacy to achieve what they did.

pippin the mighty

Quote from: thomaskreisman on August 03, 2008, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: Checkerpaw on August 01, 2008, 01:09:58 PM

I was land grabbing and I didn't think it was worth it to wait all that time to back stab you.
You backstab?

ShaDowPONYride