Previous topic - Next topic

Percy Jackson and the Olympians vs. The Kane Chronicles

The Kane Chronicles
0 (0%)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians
6 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Ian2424

This question has been bugging me because lately, people in my school have been reading both these series.. I read both and loved them. But what do you like more? I'm more of a Greek fan, so of course, I pick Percy Jackson.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Shadow Assassin

Haven't read the Kane Chronicles, are they as good as the Percy Jackson series?

Durza

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ian2424

Gen. Volkov

That's not the reason I hate them. I hate them because of the bad things they are teaching kids. ZEUS AND POSEIDON WERE NOT GOOD GUYS. HADES WAS NOT A BAD GUY. The Christian/Zoroastrian good and evil dichotomy didn't exist for the Greeks. The Greek gods were basically the Greeks but with superpowers. They were assholes. Zeus, in particular, was a gigantic [stoat's behind]. Athena was a vindictive [dog], Hera was even more of a vindictive [dog].

Kane Chronicles has the exact same issues.

Also, the greek language is not hereditary.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Ian2424

Lol. It doesn't just teach that. It's not focused on just gods, though that's a main point still. It does teaches friendship and not to keep lies and the like. Just like FIM. Lol. Maybe that's why I like both.... Hmm......

Gen. Volkov

I'm pretty sure the supernatural is the focus of those novels. All books of that age group have the "Friendship is magic" theme. Without the supernatural, there is nothing to distinguish those books from every other kids/young adult/whatever book. Not much to distinguish them anyway, but the supernatural gives what little distinction they have.

Ian2424

Durza

Quote from: Ian2424 on April 03, 2012, 02:43:46 PM
That's why I read HP and Septimus Heap!  :D

Yes.  Do you also/have you read Ranger's Apprentice or the Last apprentice?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Ian2424

No. What is it about? Can you explain it in a message? I don't want to clog this topic up. Lol

Muse

LASTAPPRENTICESPETIMUSHEAPHPRANGERSAPPRENTCEIANDURZAILOVEYOU.
I will admit, Volkov, you are absolutely right. On some parts. the Greek gods were arrogant bastards who killed their parents for power and chucked mortals lives at whim. However, Hades isn't all bad at all in the books.
And the Kane chronicles are good, but Book One is almost exactly like the Lightnign Thief.
The Lost Hero way better. Whole new concepts.
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI will admit, Volkov, you are absolutely right. On some parts. the Greek gods were arrogant bastards who killed their parents for power and chucked mortals lives at whim.

Mmk.

However, Hades isn't all bad at all in the books.

Hades shouldn't be bad. Period. They drew lots for what realms they would rule, Hades is no worse than either of his brothers. Yeah, he tricked Persephone into being his wife, but that's pretty tame compared to the stunts Zeus would pull on a regular basis. Hades, in some ways, was actually a better person than Zeus. He was more altruistic, for one. Also, in the Greek myths, Hades was often the guy who would bring things back into balance after Zeus had messed something up. He would get extremely pissed off when the living tried to enter his realm to steal the souls of the dead, or if the dead tried to leave, but that actually goes more back to his desire for balance. Well that and it fit in with Greek culture. They got pretty pissed off too, when their desires and orders were disobeyed. Like I said, the Greek gods were basically the Greeks with superpowers.

QuoteThe Lost Hero way better. Whole new concepts.

Doubt it.